Sign in to follow this  
Oskar

Ofp crashes

When Im playing multiplayer with my dad or just Singleplayer the game just instanstly crashes without some freeze or anything. It just crashes all of a sudden. I have no idea how to fix this, the mission we were playing used no addons, i use Verision 1.91, OFP Resistance, i honestly have no clue or what so ever to fix this, its really annyoing.

Someone please help

If it helps this is my PC Specs:

Pentium IIII

1500 Mhz

256 MB Ram

nVidia GeForce 2 MX 64 (100/200)

120 GB Hard drive

I formatted my pc for not that long ago and i just installed the game over the weekend, it went ok for some days til it started crashing.

Thanks

Most times it just crashes to desktop, one time it freezed so i had to turn off the power to the computer, and one time the screen turned black with some green lines, had to turn off the power to then

Lately I am having the same problem Oskar. While i'm playing a multiplayer game ofp will randomly crash to desktop. It's weird because some weeks ago this happened rarely. First I thought it could be a problem of having too many addons so I reinstalled ofp again with none but the game keeps crashing. I've just read in another thread (http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=3;t=30827;hl=crashes)that this could be due to an overheating problem which seems quite reasonable because we've had a substancial rise of temperatures over here in the last few weeks. I suggest you try running the game with your computer case lid off and check if it makes any diference. I'll try doing the same.

Mines is randomly crasshing too... but i doesnt show no error or anything.... it just blinks and i see my desktop and... thats it sad_o.gif

yep, i thought i had it sorted when it happened about a month or so ago, now its just started crashing in the middle of MP games again (usually in squad matches too mad_o.gif )

its not tempreture problem on mine as it runs at about 30-40 constantly (thats "hot" for me)

strange thing is...i thought any crashes were meant to create a flashpoint.rpt file with details of the crash etc...? ive looked and searched and no file by that name or even any .rpt file

Have you all run ScanDisk to make sure there are no errors on your disk?

Also, did you look to see if a relevant crash report was written by OFP to file Flashpoint.rpt?