Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

Can't believe you people can stand arguing for so long.

In your country I believe it dates back to 1789. It's called democracy.

Shouldn't that be 1776? rock.gif

EDIT: Ah, OK. Washington elected. Constitution kicks in, etc.

Shouldn't that be 1776? rock.gif

No, I believe the the political system (not the US itself) was established in 1789, but I could be wrong.

edit; don't edit your post when I'm replying! That's not fair tounge_o.gif

What is the "principal subject" of this thread ? rock.gif

I've seen the page 117 like as one said to me in this thread , but I really didn't understand nothing , rock.gif

PS :

Quote[/b] ]1789
French revolution tounge_o.gif

What is the "principal subject" of this thread ? rock.gif

I've seen the page 117 like as one said to me in this thread , but I really didn't understand nothing ,  rock.gif

PS :

Quote[/b] ]1789
French revolution  tounge_o.gif

this htread exists so that if someone has questions about forum rules, they can ask here. unfortunately some people tend to stray away.

Ah ok smile_o.gif

The rules are great , nothing need to be changed smile_o.gif ,

hmm maybe except the size of the images wink_o.gif , but I think that should be impossible because the bandwith isn't sufficient to accept all the sizes , smile_o.gif

Ah ok  smile_o.gif  

The rules are great , nothing need to be changed  smile_o.gif ,

hmm maybe except the size of the images  wink_o.gif  , but I think that should be impossible because the bandwith isn't sufficient to accept all the sizes ,  smile_o.gif

It's not so much bandwith,but those poor 56kers.

Imagine they change the rule to 400-500kb.

If you're using a 56k modem, you already have a hard time loading a page with a bunch of 100kb pics. So you don't want to load a whole page filled with 400-500kb pictures.

I used to have a very poor 56k modum, so I know what I'm talking about.

And becides; if clicking a link it too much for somone, than he shouldn't be allowed here anyway wink_o.gif

100kb is already enough, just viewing one page of the Combat photography thread will make the 56K owners to suffer.

No need to put more restraint to them when those 100kb screenshots found there are already really great.

this htread exists so that if someone has questions about forum rules, they can ask here. unfortunately some people tend to stray away.

I think one day soon it will reach a point where we decide that it's time for a new thread which sticks strictly to asking a question and receiving an answer from a moderator, nothing more or less smile_o.gif

Why can't Avon And AC debate their religion bit (within forum rules) inside the War oN Terror thread? Islam and Jihad is a very relevent subject as just about every terror organization has called on "jihad" against the US. Are they right? What better way to hear then from an actual practicing muslim?

Avon, you're acting... diffrent? rock.gif

Anyhow, maybe it's time for a poll, to check how many people on this forum still use 56K ,if the percentage is below 10%, maybe the "100K image" rule can be changed to 120, or even 150? even if it's only for Combat Photography, cause you can't denie that thread is a vital part in keeping the comunity alive! biggrin_o.gif .

Btw, I found a pic on my HD, "Blackdog's 2153 hours of bannage"

1) is that blackdog?

2) what's witht he strange bottles?

3) what did I miss overall? biggrin_o.gif

(4) how did it end up on my HDD?)

probably because it will to far off-topic and will end up in either a flame-war or a debate about which religion is better.

probably because it will to far off-topic and will end up in either a flame-war or a debate about which religion is better.

Why I added the "within forum rules" part biggrin_o.gif

And granted those two aren't really the most unbiased people to be discussing it.

Avon, you're acting...  diffrent?  rock.gif

Anyhow, maybe it's time for a poll, to check how many people on this forum still use 56K ,if the percentage is below 10%, maybe the "100K image" rule can be changed to 120, or even 150? even if it's only for Combat Photography, cause you can't denie that thread is a vital part in keeping the comunity alive! biggrin_o.gif .

Btw, I found a pic on my HD, "Blackdog's 2153 hours of bannage"

1) is that blackdog?

2) what's witht he strange bottles?

3) what did I miss overall?  biggrin_o.gif

(4) how did it end up on my HDD?)

hmm, And what if you were part of that 10%? Than you would probably be pissed by such a change of rules, making it almost impossible for you to read the photo-thread.

I don't bother the rule. If you want bigger pics link them. Works fine for me.

I´m one of those "Still 8k/sec" guys.

I just can´t get any better connection here.

It takes a while when I visit the combat ph. thread. Don´t want to sound lame, but I think I´m not the only one with a

crappy connection and hunger for OFP/VBS pics. smile_o.gif

Allowed image sizes will not be changing anytime soon, maybe years, certainly not months smile_o.gif

Allowed image sizes will not be changing anytime soon, maybe years, certainly not months smile_o.gif

I think 100kb is more then enough to show off the pictures :-)

Unless: There is being created a new kind of system made by the forum members wich is more user friendly, but I think that's up to the Admins to decide the fate of the pictures :-) .

Unless: There is being created a new kind of system made by the forum members wich is more user friendly, but I think that's up to the Admins to decide the fate of the pictures :-) .

I like the current method of some of the more regular picture posters; post a smaller version that is below 100kb and a link beneath it to the full version.

That way a 56ker can still view the pics and if he wants to see the full quality picture he can choose to click the link.

I like the current method of some of the more regular picture posters; post a smaller version that is below 100kb and a link beneath it to the full version.

That way a 56ker can still view the pics and if he wants to see the full quality picture he can choose to click the link.

yep, that's the best method for the moment. even if it is more work for the photo-posters... (like me in the RL photo thread) wink_o.gif

I believe imageshack does it automatically.

yes, sort of. You can post a thumbnail (correct name?) which is a very small version. This can also be done and is very nice.

But for persons who don't use imageshack, they have to make two versions of the same pic to do it. But it's the best way.

Hi all

I made a post in the climate change thread but it has not apeared may be a bug or my post may be being moderated by automatic systems bringing it to a modies attention as it it is two consecutive posts by me.

However it is some time since my last post so I assumed it would be alowed.

If it is being modied I would apreciate a quick decision if not then there is a bug that needs checking.

I have a copy of the post in case.

Kind Regards Walker

EDIT

Thank you to RalphWiggum and the rest of the moddies for attending to this so promptly.

once again Kind Regards Walker

Walker we've been asked by MI5 and the CIA to monitor your posts before you make them, it's all a conspiracy wink_o.gif