Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

when will my warning level dissapear?

This is up to each moderator as they see fit but its usually 2-4 months depending on your "crime".

Quote[/b] ]And what if say for instance you had 1 warning level and 3 weeks later you got another 1 how does that work when it's time for the warning level to go?

Then we reset your month-counter. If you were supposed to loose that first block 2 months later, then it has become 2 months and 3 weeks.

Quote[/b] ]when will my warning level dissapear?

I dont see any records on you right now. PM me and we'll discuss your case in private.

Quote[/b] ]Who will become the Forum leader now when Paul is gone?

I have taken over where Paul left off, so please be gentle with me, will'ya?  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Or are there just going to be a strong moderatorteam?

We have always and will always run this board with a ironfist and a ban'em all attitude band.gif

hehe (j/k)

I have taken over where Paul left off, so please be gentle with me, will'ya? wink_o.gif

Excellent devil_smile.gif

Why does the wink_o.gif smiley comes up when you type

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">')

'wink_o.gif

Its quite annoying...

Why does the ;) smiley comes up when you type

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">')

No smilies are configured to use ') so it must be a bug. Just put a 'out of order' sign over your apostrophe-key.

Same goes for <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">!) banghead.gif

Will the Flash news stop now that Placebo is no longer on the team?

Will the Flash news stop now that Placebo is no longer on the team?

Yes, it was stated by Paul in the latest FlashNews.

Does the "Do not post Mirrors rule" also apply to the OFP section?

Does the "Do not post Mirrors rule" also apply to the OFP section?

Yes.

Alright wink_o.gif

I was just wondering why there wasn't a pinned topic in the OFP section.

Edit: ah there is one wink_o.gif

Can I post a copy of this thread in A&M:C or A&M:D, since maybe not all addonmakers are visiting the S&F-forum when trying to find a host?

It would be ideal, since addonmaker/missionmakers would be mostly around those parts, and easily be able to find this free and easy addonhost?

JW

smile_o.gif

No cross-posting through the forums, please.

You can always link to it in your sig  smile_o.gif

edit: Moved the thread to A&M:C

Could i get my warnings removed? i've been a good boy for like, umm 3 days now.

Could i get my warnings removed? i've been a good boy for like, umm 3 days now.

1. Ask that via PM (the mod who gave them to you).

2. I can give you some more WLs for brazenness, if you want me to. tounge2.gif

1. His no longer a mod here.

2. Can i have 5 warnings and post at the same time? that would be sweet.

1. His no longer a mod here.

2. Can i have 5 warnings and post at the same time? that would be sweet.

1. Then PM me.

2. No, but I can very quickly give you 5 warnings right now and PR you indefinitely for posting nonsense. That would be sweet.

Quote[/b] ]During the last weeks, addon release threads threads have been full of posts like
Quote[/b] ]Addon Mirror @ xy

So this goes to all addon hosters: Please PM the author that he can edit the new link in the first post and the thread can be used to discuss the addon. Don't post new links in the respective threads.

The people hosting addons provide a free service, very appreciated by the addon makers, they took their own free time to upload addons and mods on servers without being paid or anything.

Forcing them to PM an addon maker in order to provide another free mirror instead of simply posting in the addon release thread is a bit too much in my opinion.

For an average amount of 3/4 people that kindly provide mirrors , it means just +/- 3/4 posts in a whole thread that can contain several pages, i fail to see how it can be disturbing for the readers or moderators.

Then please check through the last pages, like 75% of all addon release threads don't contain more than

1st post: release announced

2nd - 8th post: 3 x "Cool." and 4 x "D/l addon @ xy."

A forum user was complaining about it, that's why I added that "rule" in the first place. I also don't like to check a thread everytime just to see there's a new host. Additionally it is way easier for users (especially in some months) to have all hosts in the first post (as 50% of the links won't work then anyway). As a last point, it is not more work to click on MSG and type in the new link there (oh, it is more work, you have to add a title! tounge2.gif ). smile_o.gif

...and what about old threads? If the original author hasn't been active around here for ages, then we can't get new mirrors listed because of such rule? I'd say, post the mirror in the thread, after that private message the author to update first post. Then the mirror is there no matter what the author of the addon/tool/mission does.

Although you seem to be right i gotta agree with sanctuary.

It may not be more work but most of the threads with excessive mirror posting also had a "please mirror" part in the first post.

Not every user is online at the same time and when you send links mirror links via PM you can´t be sure when it´s going to be posted.

Posting links to the thread made it easier for everyone, hosters and people wanting to DL stuff.

Yeah, the mirror posts are a good thing, IMHO. People mirror files to increase traffic to their site - they do the community a great favor by hosting. I'd rather see those "Cool - I'll download it later" posts stop than the posts from the hosts.

In the end, though, it should be at the addon maker's discretion. If he wants to edit his post to include mirrors, thats his perogative.

I'd rather see those "Cool - I'll download it later" posts stop than the posts from the hosts.

Now that's what the rule should be.

If you wish to give a good reflection over the addon, sure do it, or maybe ask if you can help with anything (for next version etc), then you can post, but getting a 5page thread with 99% of the posts being:

"Cool addon *d/ling*", I'd rather see lots posts with "Mirror here and mirror there"

Yeah, it kinda irks me when people throw in their $0.02 about something they haven't even downloaded yet. How about instead of being the first idiot to comment, you download it, try it, and be the first nice guy to comment about something with some authority?

@Baddo: Sure, in old threads you can post your new links, but for ArmA addons you can hardly find old threads.

@burns: As you can see here some users appreciate the idea. But to your argument: usually you can be quite sure that someone is active in the forums after he released something, so I don't really see your point. And as there are 3-4 pages which are hosting every addon as soon as it is out it's not that hard for a user to find out where to look for it if the link is not edited in the first post immediately. Then again, organised teams get some/enough hosts before releasing something (so did RHS)... wink_o.gif

@J W/HF: It'll become rather hard to decide about a clear line between a "good reflection" and a "cool addon" post...