Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

sorry, but it was either here or a new thread, and I could pretty much guess the outcome of starting a thread for it... just thought that forum problems may be of interest to you...

(edit: re-read it and could see this coming across as sarcastic if read the wrong way, not my intention at all. Is there a thread for 'forum problems'?)

Is there a thread for 'forum problems'?

This thread suits just fine for that, but there is no need to start a debate on forum issues like the abovementioned issue was turning into.

Still no solving of my problems...

Anyone?

what is "trolling" ? I read Placebo said to some one he got a warning for trolling.

And why you can't put images over 100kb ?

what is "trolling" ? I read Placebo said to some one he got a warning for trolling.

And why you can't put images over 100kb ?

1) Trolling is when you're being antisocial and belligerent.

2) Because not everyone has an 8MB broadband connection.

2) Because not everyone has an 8MB broadband connection.

thumbs-up.gif

Still no solving of my problems...

Anyone?

Try clearing your internet temp cache or ask around here or here.

This is not the right topic for private computer-issues.

There is a problem I think with the 'auto pruning' in the forum. The Steam thread that Dwarden started many months ago has long since been pushed out of the window together with many other threads. Which is why we keep getting new 'Steam' threads appearing as doing a search for STEAM now comes up with nothing! I count only five pages in the ArmA GENERAL section and with so many pointless threads being started then locked it isn't long before old threads get 'auto chopped' from the list. I just tried doing a search for Steam and found only this new thread and a few mentions of it in two other existing threads of different topics.

Solution: either the 'auto pruning' in the forums needs to be slackened off a bit, or new pointless threads that get locked should be binned completely in an attempt to keep older more worthy threads for longer before they get chopped!  wink_o.gif

We are all quick to accuse newbees from not doing a search for a topic before starting a new one but sometimes the old one has long since been auto binned! Needs looking at I think!  wink_o.gif

no auto pruning is used here. perhaps when you use search function, you forget to use "Search from.....older" at the bottom?

To be a little more specific, trolling is posting a statement or question knowing that it will cause a negative reaction by an individual or group. It is the same as "flame-baiting". Posting something exclusively for the purpose of eliciting a negative reply.

e.g. "I have heard that all Aussies are @$$h0L3$, is this true?" crazy_o.gif

On that topic, replying to a flame or insult with a flame or insult of your own, in our eyes, is virtually as bad as the initial flamer. If someone insults you, ignore it, or report it to a mod. The old schoolyard defense of "But he started it!" does not flly here.

band.gif

no auto pruning is used here. perhaps when you use search function, you forget to use "Search from.....older" at the bottom?

OK, I did not see that, and probably most newbees won't either! Is there some reason why only 5 pages are shown in the ArmA general for instance, as this makes it harder to do manual searches through back pages?

I guess it's just the way the Iconboard software works but it's not the most intuitive IMO!  wink_o.gif

Is there some reason why only 5 pages are shown in the ArmA general

Yes, you have the topic listing set to only show the last 30 days. At the bottom of each page there is a setting for sorting order and amount.

I'd like to add another thing: the Report To Moderator function is NOT a toy, please don't treat it as such.

Please do not RPTM with a flippant comment attached such as "you wok it out" or similar. Please detail why you are reporting the post, and what rules (in your eyes) have been broken. The more detail you give us the better we are able to action your RPTM.

Hello!

May I start a homepage-help-thread, so we won't have different threads for small questions, we're people can ask about what HTML is, WC3 is, if Javascripts works everywhere, ask for how-to, post tips and tricks etc etc (the list goes on).

If any interest in this is shown, it might could be stickied, after all, this could help people who have an OFP/ArmA-site and want to make it nice instead of FreeWebs or just basic-html.

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

Thats what the PC discussion thread is for.

Ok, will post my questions there then smile_o.gif

No it was there, it disapeared after i posted in the thread.

Thanks. These things can happen when posts are deleted and the threads get long. I've rebuilt the topic now (made the forum re-count all posts). As soon as the next page appear it should have one post in it.

Ah, ok. Thx for clearing, and problem solved ey?

smile_o.gif

So, BI has been around since the 70s, ey...?

wink_o.gif

70s.JPG

We should have a "Funny-forumbugs-thread", that would be a good thread to mention small fun bugs you find, or just simply look at them.

Sounds like an idea?

We should have a "Funny-forumbugs-thread", that would be a good thread to mention small fun bugs you find, or just simply look at them.

Sounds like an idea?

Pointless and complete waste of time.