Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

"International politics thread"? Why? What on earth do you have against two separate threads?

They are completely different with mostly different people posting and a completely different type of posts.

Putting them together will ruin both threads resulting in the following:

1) People creating new threads for specific issues

2) People posting in wrong threads

- resulting in a worse organization and more work for you.

Not to mention that it will be impossible to moderate them - as you might have noticed with the elections thread. Such a thread will grow pages by the hour.

"International politics thread"? Why? What on earth do you have against two separate threads?

They are completely different with mostly different people posting and a completely different type of posts.

- resulting in a worse organization and more work for you.

All politics in one thread, nice and simple smile_o.gif

Perhaps the fact that different people will have to converse in one thread will help to educate some a little smile_o.gif

1) New threads will be closed with "post in International Politics", simple.

2) There's only one politics thread so they can't post in the wrong one, nice and simple smile_o.gif

Edit: to answer your edit, it's easier to moderate 1 thread of 100 pages than 2 thread of 50 pages smile_o.gif

All politics in one thread, nice and simple smile_o.gif

Why not put all OT topics in one thread?

Come on Paul, trust the people that are active in the threads. You won't find anybody that would think one thread is a good idea. Or ask one of your mods that post here - ask Ralph.

It doesn't cost you anything to have two of them.

Quote[/b] ]Perhaps the fact that different people will have to converse in one thread will help to educate some a little smile_o.gif

On the contrary, it will kill off the EU discussion that goes in a much slower pace and has generally far longer posts.

Quote[/b] ]Edit: to answer your edit, it's easier to moderate 1 thread of 100 pages than 2 thread of 50 pages

Heh. Hardly. Especially when we're not talking about 50 pages, but 500 pages. Why do you think I built that serach tool?

! politics thread sounds very hard to grasp on. It would be like all the wars would be in 1 thread. the old standard was good, we had a threat to europe politics, usa politics, mid-east politics. everything was pure and simple, why mess with something that isnt broken?

I don't see anything simple about an International Politics thread. As some one pointed out, you would have to wade through possibly pages of European Union discussion to find one US comment and vice versa. Discussion would get hopelessly lost without quoting half the thread.

A US Politics and a European Politics thread make more sense. Especially as there is already a Middle East, and European Thread.

PS Damn it! Someone tell me is 3000Euro to live in Germany is good! Exchange rate wise when (if) I come back, I think Europe would be the best bet, but I'm trying to figure out expenses. I guess think like Frankfurt and Berlin.

Or ask one of your mods that post here - ask Ralph.

Moderators should moderate, not discuss politics smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]On the contrary, it will kill off the EU discussion that goes in a much slower pace and has generally far longer posts.

If EU political debate is important then people will make the effort, if EU discussion is killed off then perhaps those people really don't care for it after all.

Quote[/b] ]Why do you think I built that serach tool?

For searching? wink_o.gif

How about a poll to decide? If the concensus is that seperate Euro & US threads are best/preferred I close the Euro/Int one and start two seperate threads from scratch with guidelines/warning in each as to content and discussion structure? smile_o.gif

You are a wonderful man, Placebo  wink_o.gif

A poll sounds great smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]For searching? wink_o.gif

Doh! I was hoping you wouldn't notice tounge_o.gif

You are a wonderful man, Placebo wink_o.gif

Now I know I made the wrong decision if you're complimenting me wink_o.gif

Will make the poll now smile_o.gif

LMAO I'm 3-1 down after about 9 seconds, wonder if I'll lose this one? I hate democracy! biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Wh00t 3-2, tell me who you are and you can have a "get out of post restriction free" card wink_o.gif

LMAO I'm 3-1 down after about 9 seconds, wonder if I'll lose this one? I hate democracy!  biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, I was wondering what got into you. Not that I'm complaining though biggrin_o.gif

It's Friday, best day to ask me for something wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's Friday, best day to ask me for something

Placebo, you see the Star Wars Ep.3 spoiler trailer? biggrin_o.gif

looks pretty conclusive to me Placebo. You've got less chance of winning your side of the poll than John Kerry had of winning the US election smile_o.gif

It's Friday, best day to ask me for something  wink_o.gif

Can I have a raise? tounge_o.gif

Change my title to Mr. Right.. smile_o.gif

lol at the new title biggrin_o.gif

I think Mr. Left fits perfectly....hehe....oh I'm still giggling

lol....oh man that is too much

It's Friday, best day to ask me for something wink_o.gif

Can I have a raise? tounge_o.gif

Sure thing, you can have an extra 75% of what you get now!

LMAO @ BB's member title smile_o.gif

I think Mr. Left fits perfectly....hehe....oh I'm still giggling

lol....oh man that is too much

It did cross my mind and he had it for a whole 2 seconds wink_o.gif

Change denoirs too Bushs secret lover tounge_o.gif

The polls a white wash placebo might as well start a new thread already for the EU and AM discussions wink_o.gif