Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

I thought it was pretty inflammatory personally....(yeh i found it offensive)

Guess that makes me an asshole with no sense of humour as well smile_o.gif

BTW great nick you have. You are not a moderator but a PLACEBO.

Initially I gave you the benefit of the doubt, if you wish to talk yourself into a ban then carry on.

It also shows that you are an ........................

You looking to earn a purple heart, too? crazy_o.gif

I live in a country full of serious people.

I saw his pic and truly laughed. Edit. I like you Avon but it will not make me change my mind about it.

See ya.

Gordy, FYI, just in case you're not familiar with the origins of the pic you posted, the NY Post reported as follows:

Quote[/b] ]The Marines — two in uniform and two off-duty — were polite but curt while chatting with Kerry, answering most of his questions with a “yes, sir†or “no, sir.â€

But they turned downright nasty after the Massachusetts senator thanked them “for their service†and left.

“He imposed on us and I disagree with him coming over here shaking our hands,†one Marine said, adding, “I’m 100 percent against [him].â€

A sergeant with 10 years of service under his belt said, “I speak for all of us. We think that we are doing the right thing in Iraq,†before saying he is to be deployed there in a few weeks and is “eager†to go and serve.

The Houston Chronicle reported:

Quote[/b] ]Highways were blocked from Boston to Scranton as the campaign’s 10 buses and support vehicles lumbered westward.

In Newburg, N.Y., they made an unscheduled stop to celebrate John and Elizabeth Edwards’ 27th anniversary.

The couple observed their anniversary tradition of a meal at Wendy’s, a nod to their early married days when it was all they could afford.

Kerry joined them inside and spied a table of Marines. But when he struck up a conversation, the Marines answered tersely and expressed irritation.

“He imposed on us and I disagree with him coming over here to shake our hands,†said one, who did not give his name.

The unadultered pic:

kerry-marine-073104.jpg

Gordy;

Why the flaming? What did placebo do to make you this mad?

Quote[/b] ]BTW great nick you have. You are not a moderator but a PLACEBO.
WTF crazy_o.gif So what does that mean;
Quote[/b] ]The placebo effect is the measurable, observable, or felt improvement in health not attributable to treatment. This effect is believed by many people to be due to the placebo itself in some mysterious way. A placebo (Latin for “I shall pleaseâ€) is a medication or treatment believed by the administrator of the treatment to be inert or innocuous. Placebos may be sugar pills or starch pills. Even “fake†surgery and “fake†psychotherapy are considered placebos.

So Placebo is a 'placebo'; a medicine to the forum who cures the forum by doing nothing? That's a good thing I guess. smile_o.gif

@Avon;

With those back-up stories you've ones again proven that you are one of the best members of this forum. Good to have you here!

2:1 odds=600 posts but give me 500 posts. Do not want to kick somebody in the nutz while their down. Change meh title to 2004 winner.

2:1 odds=600 posts but give me 500 posts. Do not want to kick somebody in the nutz while their down.

talk(PM) to placebo on this. wink_o.gif

Erm... What is a PR? Seriously, I did not know what PR stands for. You may laugh at me but what the bloody hell is a PR... rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]I thought it ment Postcount Reduction!

biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, now explain this...... 1 week PR (notice this is NOT me)

Come on guys, I know that emotions are running high all around with recent world events, but honestly, there is no need for anyone to feel like we're singling them out because of political views. To the best of everyone's ability, we enforce the forum rules unilaterally... i.e. if you break a forum rule, you will be punished and/or warned on the severity of the offence, NOT on your political affiliation.

I remember back before I was a mod, when I got a post restriction or post reduction it always felt like I was being singled out - now that I'm through the looking glass (in the shoes of a moderator), I can see that I was in breech of forum rules, and wasn't being singled out.

All we ask is that before anyone assumes they are being discriminated against or singled out, consider these things:

1.) Am I in breech of a forum rule - these can be found in most of the forum sections.

2.) Is what I posted offensive to someone - there is usually a clear difference to respectfully disagreeing with a person’s point of view, and outright flaming them.

3.) Have I properly understood what someone is saying to me - as most of us know, an internet forum is not the same as speaking to someone face-to-face. Subtleties like facial expressions and tone of voice get lost in the text. Smilies can be helpful to accentuate what you are saying.

4.) What am I here for - maybe you are here to discuss military matters or politics in a sensible fashion; maybe you are here to check on the latest gameplay issues such as missions and addons; maybe you just want to chat with likeminded people; maybe a combination of all of these things.

At the end of the day, BIS have been kind enough to supply us all with a forum to discuss their excellent game - and kinder still in allowing the community SOME leeway in discussing other things too. We're all here to have a good time - the moderators are here to help all of these things run smoothly. Don't forget - we are people, and gamers, too.  wink_o.gif

I, like Bern, need ot surrender 1000 post count to Blackdog (of all people). See if one of ya could take care of that...

Was never big on post counts anyway tounge_o.gif

Excellent post Major Fubar, I would agree with it 100%.

Most situations can be resolved amicably by discussing them calmly and rationally, if anyone has an issue they are always welcome to bring it to me either through PM or Email and we will discuss it and try to resolve it in a way that everyone can be happy.

I, like Bern, need ot surrender 1000 post count to Blackdog (of all people). See if one of ya could take care of that...

Was never big on post counts anyway tounge_o.gif

Done smile_o.gif

Can we have the 2004 election thread renamed and opened into the US politics thread? Seeing as the thread was going that way anyway it seems logical.

Can we have the 2004 election thread renamed and opened into the US politics thread? Seeing as the thread was going that way anyway it seems logical.

I was thinking the same.