Sign in to follow this  

Ask a mod

and i have none?

I apologize deeply Jamesia. You are right. As I remember the last moderator that dealt with you told you would be permanently banned if you violate the rules once more.

So you should of course have four bars (of five). Again, I apologize that we overlooked this. smile_o.gif

rock.gifsad_o.gifmad_o.gifwow_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

you havent done that before.

I am sorry. I do not feel happy with that. I do not believe that I have been given 5 chances. If I had had that since the start then it would have probably acted as a deterant as I am sure that is what it is designed for.

I know that I should have sent you this in PM, but this is my reply to your post. I do not especially feel that it was right to put that in a post either and not PM me it.

Basically, I am not happy. mad_o.gif

I am sorry. I do not feel happy with that. I do not believe that I have been given 5 chances. If I had had that since the start then it would have probably acted as a deterant as I am sure that is what it is designed for.

You've had four chances. Hence the four warning levels.

From our dear member "criminal record":

Quote[/b] ]

Jamesia, PR 02/12/02, Excessive spammage on this and the page before.

Jamesia PR 07/03/03, Flaming

Jamesia.  PR  13/05/03,Reviving dead thread knowingly

Jamesia.  PR 16/5/03, Spamming the OFP combat thread

You've had four chances. Hence the four warning levels.

From our dear member "criminal record":

Quote[/b] ]

Jamesia, PR 02/12/02, Excessive spammage on this and the page before.

Jamesia PR 07/03/03, Flaming

Jamesia.  PR  13/05/03,Reviving dead thread knowingly

Jamesia.  PR 16/5/03, Spamming the OFP combat thread

wow,  smile_o.gif  that all brings back so many memories.

However, the last point on there..... spamming in the ofp combat photography page......  rock.gif

I made a legitimate mistake. I was commenting on peoples ofp artwork.

EDIT

also, if i had had a little orange box since my first offence dont you think it would have been a deterant to me? I had no idea I only had 5 chances.

EDIT EDIT

was I given a posting restriction for that mishap in the combat photography page?

Do the warnings levels decrease after a period of good behaviour, like license demerit points?

I can get u one if u spam pan man over a few different forums biggrin_o.gif

Boy, am i happy that we never got this kinda stuff about 6 months ago...

If I dig up a 5 month old thread and post a +100kb pic that questions how the board is moderated, is that counted as one "strike" against you or three? biggrin_o.gif

But I did do a search and couldn't find a thread started anywhere, so I did follow the "Search the Forums" rule, so maybe it could be counted as only 2 strikes... biggrin_o.gif

-=Die Alive=-

depends. if you have something SIGNIFICANT to add to the thread, it can be excused, but if not, warnings will be handed out.

Quote[/b] ]If I dig up a 5 month old thread and post a +100kb pic that questions how the board is moderated, is that counted as one "strike" against you or three?

that would be a temp PR. don't know how much.

don't try to push the limit. wink_o.gif

I have question. I know its not allowed to post messages anti-(race/sex/religion etc). And i agree this shuld be dealt with hard and brutal.

BUT. I see some people actually can do this without any intervention at all. Why, they somehow back their views up by religion or politics. My religion says this, and there for it is so, shuld be like this and so on. While others are mutilated hard because they dont have the "book" on their side or use it to backup their views.

So do we follow any specifik religous concept?

If we respect all religions, we shuld respect those without to.

SQ - non-beliver

If you would like to PM me incidences that you have issue with I would be more than happy to look into them, yes it's possible that we may have missed something but anyone breaching forum rules will be treated equally, whether their religion tells them so or not, in the past we have perm banned an individual(s?) who used their religion as an excuse to repeatedly make comments that contravened forum rules. We do not follow any specific religious concept, other than treat everyone equally, be kind to your fellow man (woman), do unto others as you would have others do unto you, etc. etc. I believe that every true religion preaches those kinds of lessons and I personally believe whether religious or not they are codes we should all strive to live by smile_o.gif

When is it necessary to delete an entire topic instead of just locking it?  Shadow locked Denoir's 7-page goodbye thread, but now it has also been deleted.  The vast majority of its posts were genuinely warm expressions of regret about Denoir's decision.

Denoir touched many lives here and, obviously, a lot of members took a great deal of time to let him know how important he was to them.  It's a great pity that Denoir won't be able to read any of those messages now that they've been discarded along with the many eMail addresses that were posted so that Denoir could keep in touch.

sad_o.gif

When is it necessary to delete an entire topic instead of just locking it?  Shadow locked Denoir's 7-page goodbye thread, but now it has also been deleted.  The vast majority of its posts were genuinely warm expressions of regret about Denoir's decision.

Denoir touched many lives here and, obviously, a lot of members took a great deal of time to let him know how important he was to them.  It's a great pity that Denoir won't be able to read any of those messages now that they've been discarded along with the many eMail addresses that were posted so that Denoir could keep in touch.

sad_o.gif

Has it been deleted? Or maybe just moved to the Moderator's forum? Maybe after getting an enema, that thread will be returned to the OT forum.

-=Die Alive=-

speedy thinks it will be back

/ok i asked placebo and he confirmed that.

Thanks, Speedy.

Great sig, Die Alive.  wink_o.gif

As Die Alive said I moved it to the mods forum so I could open it back up and clean it out before I made a final statement.

While it's understandably fresh in everyone's minds I will again ask that no further discussion of the matter take place on the forums, I made my decision, Denoir made his, any comments/questions about it you may PM to me. Obviously any refusal to keep the matter off the forums will be dealt with.

indeed,

just a shame none of my ideas were implemented.

By they way whats the point of pm`ing a mod i mean its not as if its going to change anything unless u offer tips for imrovements which the mods probably thought of already,infact its really a bit of a placebo ;)

By  they way whats the point of pm`ing a  mod i mean its not as if its going to change anything

You would be surprised... smile_o.gif

By  they way whats the point of pm`ing a  mod i mean its not as if its going to change anything

You would be surprised... smile_o.gif

Didnt work for me wink_o.gif

If at first you don't succeed, buy a parrot, ermm I mean try again, if I was the on you PM'd try someone else, if it was someone else then PM me smile_o.gif

Edit. Don't want to offend anyone by this question... I'll try a better way of putting it...

I have a few questions. You probably want me to send you a pm about it as you obviously want to hush down this issue, but I think it concerns the entire forum.

My first question is to Placebo.

Firstly the final decision as to what to do about the Avon/Denoir situation was mine, I made the decision myself and it wasn't influenced in any way by anyone else. So don't go around blaming anyone else please. If you have issues with the decision then feel free to PM me with any questions/comments you may have. All moderators & Bis have discussed the incident in the moderator’s forum, what was said in there was private; I’m only prepared to give my opinion here.

Upon reading the thread in question after the event, I felt that both Avon and Denoir were guilty of flaming/flame baiting, as the rules state that is a punishable offence, obviously we moderators also have to abide by the rules of the forum. As moderators I believe we have an obligation to set a good example to the rest of the users of the forum, I felt that we couldn’t expect forum members not to flame each other when a moderator does the exact same thing.

As far as I was concerned letting it go would make me a hypocrite the next time I had to post restrict someone for the same offence. I felt that Denoir's behaviour had in a way brought the moderators into disrepute, therefore I felt the only course of action was to ask Denoir to make a brief apology to the forum as a whole, I felt that an apology to Avon was not necessary as the "argument" struck me as a mutual one. I therefore asked Denoir to apologise, I also said to him that if he refused to make an apology that with regret I would have to request that he resign as a moderator, of course I strongly hoped he wouldn't, I wanted him to stay as much as the rest of the moderators and Bis wanted him to stay, but I felt his actions were such that without an apology his future here would be untenable.

According to you Denoir damaged the modrators' credibility by his post and it would hurt the board if he did not apologize. Because of your concern for this board you had to ask him to apologize or resign. Forgive me, but that's a load of horse shit. Unless you really did not know Denoir or did not know this board you would have known that Denoir leaving was far worse for this board then him getting into a heated argument in an offtopic topic. The result of it is that you, not Denoir has done something very bad to this board and members. So you should be the one to resign. Since you apparently cannot see the broader implication of your actions, you are not fit being a moderator, much less head-moderator.

How could you possibly justify you staying as mod when you on purpose or throught ignorance have inflicted damage on this board?

My second question is about the board rules. Do they only apply to moderators you wish  to get rid of? This is from the Mid East thread.

Oh, yeah, you could always kill every palestinian man, woman and child. This would end the hostilities pretty fast.

Population transfer would be more like it.

population transfer....nice word for ethnic cleansing.

your a rasist avon, your opinions are no different than what was circling around in the head of milosevic, hitler...and other "famous" characters.

what happens to those who refuse to move, what happens if no neighboring country accepts them?..you throw them all into your "prison" in gaza?...will you simply shoot them?..would you care?

"Pete" says exactly the same things as Denoir said, yet I cannot find any record of him being punished for it or having to apologize for it. On the contrary there were several moderators posting in that thread and none of them objected against Pete's words. Theavonlady did not object noticable either. So I guess my question to the mods is this: Why are you claiming that Denoir had to apoligize so that there would not be double standards for moderators and members when you in fact are applying double standards when you are accusing him of violating the board rules?

--Chris

If you want to PR me for this, go right ahead. Lately a punishment from the moderators has become something one should be proud of.