Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

Something to test out to solve memory map errors

1) i hope it does for me

2) ok did that, thanks

3) yes, but didnt help me... maybe im too stupid...

IT WORKED!!!!! I CAN PLAY OFP-GOTY!!! THANKS TO ANYONE WHO HELPED ME!!!! *dancingonthetable*

Fantastic!

Thanks to an earlier suggestion on this thread, I believe it was the recommendation regarding moving the O.POB file from /RES/ADDONS to the root /ADDONS. I haven't been able to play a solid game of OFP since around the time when DirectX 9 was first released. But, thanks to a poster's idea, I'm able to play again. Woo-hoo! biggrin_o.gif

Up until the time DX9 was released, I could play OFP & Resistance just fine, and I had accumulated a sizable cache of add-ons and extra missions as well. However, as soon as I upgraded to DirectX 9, that's when everything bombed. I'm not trying to say that DX9 was the culprit, but it just seemed highly coincidental. I was also investigating to see if I had screwed things up with a recent graphic driver update, changing the versions around as well. With the exception of a couple missions, most noticeably the single player mission "Clean Sweep", everything crashed me to the desktop as soon as I tried to load it up. I was beside myself. I literally spend 75% of my gaming time playing OFP, and have been doing so since it was released. I uninstalled and deleted all files and everything related I could find in the registry. Same thing. Did it again. Same thing. Decided to reinstall WinME thinking it was DX9. Decided to try older, stabler nVIDIA drivers. Crashes didn't happen in 8.1, with only OFP installed, so I installed Resistance. Boom, crashes returned. Okay, that's when it began to get a little annoying. tounge_o.gif Wiped everything clean, restarted from scratch ... well, I'm sure you get the idea.

So, I've been limping along, deciding that it had to be OFP - no other game (a couple dozen or so), didn't react this poorly to the DirectX upgrade, and I couldn't understand what it was. Oddly enough, a couple missions still worked, most noticeably "Clean Sweep" and a few other small ones. (by the way, I can practically complete that mission blindfolded now). I even put BattleSounds back on, since it didn't seem to make a difference if it was there or not. And, out of frustration, I kinda' forgot about it and diverted my gaming attention elsewhere.

Until I decided to look here to see if anyone else had the same symptoms. wow_o.gif Seems like a lot of people do. While I haven't tried to attempt the modification of the PBO file itself, moving O.PBO has proven a working temporary fix. I'm not sure what I've changed or broken by moving that file, but I'm not complaining since I can play the bigger missions now. I'm still in the process of tweaking my graphics/memory set-up, so I haven't gotten to the campaigns or other missions yet, but I know that the "Underhill" solo mission in Resistance works now, which never did before.

Any chance that BI/Codemasters will be addressing this particular issue with the PBO files/memory usage in a future patch? I'm running the 1.94 BETA executable right now, and the missions didn't start working until I moved O.PBO from /RES/, despite having the beta installed.

My system: 1GHz Pentium III, 512MB RAM, Windows ME, DirectX 9.0b, GeForce2 GTS w/ nVIDIA 30.82 drivers, SoundBlaster Live!.

~ WillFull

Ok,I tested Kegetys solution and it worked(thx a lot),no memory map errors but now I have another big problem,if I keep my unofficial add-ons then I have a strange olive screen,if I press escape I can hear the music in the main menu but can't see anything.If I remove a large number of my add-ons then everything is fine but for me this is not a solution,OFP without add-ons it's not OFP.I tried with mod folders but I have the same olive screen problem.

Don't know what else to do,have you people any idea how can I get OFP run with unofficial add-ons,please any solution at all???Anyone knows when the official 1.94 patch will come out(not the beta one off course)??

With my old card(Gf 4 MX440) everything went fine with a lot of add-ons but since I've got an Fx 5600(256 ram) I have these damn problems with OFP.

You should use the 1.94 patch, it's really beta in name only, I don't recall hearing any issues with it and it works great for me (with or without -nomap).

Ok,I fixed my olive screen problem with the 1.94 beta patch (thx placebo),I didn't use it before because I don't like beta software but now I can play OFP with unofficial add-ons very fine.....so drinks for everyone. biggrin_o.gif

Make mine a whiskey and diet coke (no ice) please smile_o.gif

I've do it like Kegetys style with the O.pbo, Ofp started normal, the four Islands (Everon,Malden,Kolgujew and desert Island) are ok but Nogova has nothing. The res Obj & Textures don't work only the normal Flashpoint things.

The little O.pbo (where the stringtable and Config.bin included) became no access to O directory in res/addons.

Can anyone help?

Thanks