Sign in to follow this  
RaNg3R

Navy poll

good idea, make the engine very flexible so later you can implement Sea units and lot's of other units that can operate in enviroments not currently possible to simulate.

I said this in another thread already:

Bis should improve the engine to support ships and submarines. The modding comunity easily could make the units on their own because the editing tools will be released, too. smile_o.gif

Submarines would be fun too. They wouldn't work now because the camera doesn't go under water.

Wouldn't it be better to just buy a good sub sim or destroyer sim?

BF1942 and similar games may attempt everything but it's not realistic for 5 cents. I prefer if a game does some aspect of warfare very realistically than trying to everything half-baked.

I think the only reason OFP provided boats and helos was to provide CAS and not trying to accuratelly simulate air combat.

I think it's better if OFP gets the land war right(AI being no 1 priority) rather than trying to implement 100:s of half baked solutions. I would happy if i could setup a proper platoon formation for one.

I mean, OFP could never compete with the best naval, flight sims and still do a good landbased combined arms combat sim.

There's a reason why the defence forces are divided into different branches, I think the same applies to computer games smile_o.gif.

Harpoon 4 is coming out soon anyway so why not wait for that if you want ultimate naval strategy? smile_o.gif.

A well done LST or even a light carrier I can take but a submarine? How much I try I can't even imagine what purpose it would have in a game like OFP.

BM

I also need this(New toy from the dutch navy:D)

the dutch.......lol..........

haha jk man.