Sign in to follow this  
RaNg3R

Navy poll

Please don't think im making these posts hastily. And im also not sure if this has also been covering. But there should also be (in my opinion) Naval warfare, if this is truely and United States Armed Forces game. Im not a big fan of the navy, but i do think it would be interesting to see this in action. Maybe some submarine  wow_o.gif  eh? Aircraft carriers  wow_o.gif

Ya the Navy would be good. Otherwise who would the Marines have hitched a ride from to get there? biggrin_o.gif

But aircover from the Navy and such was an important part none the less.

Wheres the Royal navy :P

yes if they could do it some sea warfare would be good seeing as theres loads of it around t he island and aircraft carriers would be a great launching point for helicopters and jets and possibly some submarines in them too biggrin_o.gif

I voted "yes" Because: I always wanted to have Submarines and planes taking off from a Aircraft carrier.

and i like to see this:

Animations for the V-22 Osprey so we could have a full working Osprey that can have Plane and Chopper status and that stuff wink_o.gif

Navy is a must i think. At least working together with the marines in amphibious operations, or in form of aircraft carriers for some pilot missions. biggrin_o.gif

A navy would be good, but only if it's easilly implemented in the game.

Voted yes, im really more interested in the infantry, special forces and jungle warfare side of the game but... thats just me tounge_o.gif .

i would love to see a beta in it!

Why did you just say US navy?

It's like having an butcher in a vegan community, what is this Navy going to do without any other Naval opponents?

Change the poll name to

Do you think naval warfare should be implemented in OFP2?

I say yes!

MARINE = My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment.

Can't have one without the other.

A decent sized carrier that actually moves would appease me. Oh...and an LST that can carry cargo

the a/c addon for ofp 1 and teh sub addon as well were absolutely crap... i want a modern BF1942 a/c... now that wud be good

good point about the BF1942.

BUT THIS IS OFP.

If we don't get naval units from BIS, we could at least get better support for making our own. That would satisfy me.

A fully working naval aspect to OFP2 would be brilliant but we should have some opposing forces. I want some Kilos so I can put the US carriers into a low earth orbit! biggrin_o.gif

A Navy in general would be ok.

Doesn't have to a a U.S. navy per se.

A Russian, Brittish, African or fictive navy would be jst as good.

Best regards,

FinaL

ok im up for the naval warfare and all but theres one thing that wont make it feel right

underwater... id like to see wat OFP water looks life Submeged i want to see little fishhes and rubber duckies... i want to be.... a Mermaid!

Well if BIS don´t have anything to do and are bored and such then why not, but everything else has to be in perfect order before that, infantry, armored units and islands must come first.

Hey guys, don't forget if Malden and Everon had one Aegis Crusier loitering around, Guba's infamous Nuke Scud's wouldn't have been too much of a threat.  Those SM-2MR III's and IV SAM's are VERY effective against high speed targets.

Anyways, I want the importance of sea warfare in OFP 2 because:

1.  I want to swim in OFP 2, not drown.

2.  I want to sink big ships with F/A-18 Harpoon strikes

3.  I want to keep those damn MiG's and Hinds away with my "Knee trembling" Aegis Cruiser or Aegis Destroyer around.  I garantee enemy pilots will have to get a Life Insurance policy REALLY quick with one of them around.

4.  I want some REALISTIC missile behavior (SAM's, land attack missiles, Air to Air missiles), automatic ship operations (SAM's, point defense guns, offensive weapons), and other stuff like that.

5.  Impliment a very flexible means for 1 person to control a theater of battle in a mission.  That means, after you eliminate all the sea based threats, you can pick and chose where to deploy your Marines.  Then coordinate Naval Gunfire and Cruise missile strikes with Aircraft Air Support all together to get an on target landing.

Anyways, that's my take on it.  Either BIS make this stuff themselves or give gamers the ability to make it themselves with a LOT of flexiblity on how they can make these addons.

Later.

Havoc.

Indeed. A maritime force would be very nice. Yes please BIS, i wouldn't mind if you pushed back release date to 2006 if you have a large array of realistic units.

Yes please BIS, i wouldn't mind if you pushed back release date to 2006 if you have a large array of realistic units.

2006?!?! crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Shut up Jinef!! mad_o.gif

Don't listen to him BIS he's a lunatic!  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

j/k smile_o.gif

Yep i would mind if they delay the release because of retarded sea battles.

Fix the land based warfare and then patch on the air then sea improvements. That way we'll all be drooling over the previous improvement too much to whinge about the arrival of the next! tounge_o.gif