Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Skye virus 3.0

Sure do what u will,use any thing u like outa my mission as long as u give credit of course wink_o.gif if you wait a bit longer we will have some new improved zombies up for download.Most proplerly be ready in about a week or less.(read more about it on my site)

and heres a link to raz island: Raz island by Raz

For the next skye vorus, would it be possible to use the SJB Handgun pack(1 and maybe pack 2 when it comes out)? i feel some of these guns would be VERY fun and effective (especially with the new Hard to kill zombies) and i have not yet seen any missions witht them.

the_unknown_one

P.s. very scary mission man ghostface.gif

Well every mission me and my buddys make,we all ways try to keep the addons to only the bare essentals.But we are thinking about making a lite (w/o addons) and a ultra (with addons) version. As many ppl,(me included) dnt want to D/L lots of addons witch ur neva gonna use again just to play one mission.So it narrows the ammount of ppl this mission is avible to,but like i said ill think about it.

Allso we have a new member to the editing team who will be working on the skye virus,he is very good at scripting and has been working on the zombies and LAG proplem.Goto the news section of my site to find out more.

Yes the map is very simple.

However it reminds me alot of Resident evil.

For a game that was made for combat simulation, this is one of the best changes I have seen.

(Finally somebody is changing the way we look at OFP)

unclesam.gif

"Download this map, and blow away them zombies!"

-Uncle Sam

tounge_o.gif

Also Murphy,

I would HIGHLY SUGGEST you choose music for your map.

Something calm and simple.

Operation Flashpoint simply does not have the mood type music.

Also, to freak the players out even more, make some custom faces.

Getting close to something that looks close to a nightmare sets the mood that much higher.

Great mission hands down.

I hope to see Huge improvments however, that will makes this something completely unique.

Also add a few mini games, with a mission like this, you need "replay" value very high.

--------

Also, you should make a version of this map using the original maps BIS made. It would be great if you could get copious amounts of people playing this map without needing to worry about addons.

ok... sorry about th addons thing i understand... a lil bit offtopic but dus ne1 no where i can get missions using the Handgun ack?

the_unknown_one

I really really like this map smile_o.gif

if you need any testers, you can always PM me smile_o.gif

Well cool mission dude, liked it alot, needs more zombies tho (only saw groups wit a max of 8) I think its best used with the FDF mod, those zombies a lot harder to hit tounge_o.gif Gonna av to get this one up on the #DK# server so i can play it wit me buds. biggrin_o.gif btw got battlefield Earth aswell, had a quick look, and it looked promising, gonna have and in depth ganders tomoz tho smile_o.gif

Murphy you got good line ups for missions...

I love seeing this type of stuff, your my new fav mission maker now biggrin_o.gif

Thnx for the positive feed back guys.

And hopefully me and my other buds should have somthing completely mind blowing out soon,we just have a slight proplem with comunication at the moment.

All i can say is that if all goes to plan there will be next to nothing Lag (inless u got a 56k of course) and this will lead to more players,zombies,and longer more complex missions wink_o.gif

So keep your fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

Wow long time since i posted here hehe.

well anyway i am back into ofp.

dont know where to put everything from the skye island sad_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

the addons that come with Skye island, stick them in your addons folder... wink_o.gif

I don't have a server sad_o.gif

but it was just an idea (anybody here wants to spare a server for a few hours ?)

what I could do is unplug my router and host one...

Ive just hadf an idea: if you're good at camera scritping and stuff, you could maybe make like a diary of events of what happens.

Quote[/b] ] Day One. Military scientists almost accidentally prduce a new strain of influenza, which seems to start rotting the body of the infected before they are dead, and makes them go mad. A few infected scientists are quarantined from the rest of the lab.

Day Two. The scientists, now in a much worsened condition, are attampeing to break out (you could have them fighting groups of guards etc.)

Day Three. Most of the scientists have fled, and many guards have been infected, escaping to inhabit the rest of the Island.

Day Four. A few civilians have started to show signs of illness.

the previously infected "zombies" are dead by now.

Day Five. A town centre terrorised, the "zombie", as the tabloids called it, was held back by police.

Day Six. Getting out of control. Top scientists from America and Russia aswell as soldiers from the UN arrive to help stop the "zombies".

Day Seven. Almost whole Island overrun. Army HQ in the North west is the last remaining base. Survivors are ordered to evac, but many cannot respond, as they are trapped.

Day Eight. The UN evacuates all troops and scientists from the island.

Day Nine. Remaining survivors hold out, hiding from the "zombies" that have claimed the island.

Day Ten. The survivors have decided to plan an escape by radioing for help...

Of course you could work on the "script" a bit, as it probably needs some work, but use it if you want. You could do it in intro, and have like 4 second scenes, 1 for each day or something.

the_unknown_one

mayube a guide or something to install this map.

me and my buddy cant click the ok button ingame sad_o.gif

You should just plop it in your MP missions folder and u should be read to go. Dunno why u cant click ok button,you sure u got all the addons? Editor Upgrade 102 and Skye island?

This sounds like great fun. Gonna try it out in SP and maybe with few of my buddies later on.

Hawkins

*bump*

Any updates??

I want a new version smile_o.gif this mission rules biggrin_o.gif

Well things are going slow at them moment,i hardly have any time for OFP any more.But plabo has made some progress.