Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Skye virus 3.0

Hmm well you could still call it the skye virus because the virus came from skye,but i suppose your right it would lagg. but i was talking about a small island not a normal OFP sized island.But then u still got the proplem of the repeating buildings sad_o.gif maybe i should of thought it out before i requested it..

Any way dose any one have any suggestion on how i might enclose the player in tight narrow areas? maybe some one knows of a small island with heavy urban areas?

Hmm, There is Acropolis. but hmm naa

damn, can´t think of one right now.

I can tell you a good one when i´m back on Sunday-monday for sure.

There is a hughe vary of Island out there, go and try some they are almost all great and fun.

PZfaust island ? hmm wait or Razland (or something like that)

but they are very laggy i think, can´t think of the right one now.

But i know one that fits the tag perfect.

Well a Zombie or the player character you where in your last mission could have been bitn (infected) and could have spead the virus to other islands ...that could be a solution to the name.

EDIT: RAZ Island, is perfect for oyur needs!

Has everything you need. try it.

it even has a nice "refinery" wich you could use as some sort of Chemical Firm where Secret weapons are made( biological ones) they took probes of the Skyvirus and reactivated it.

It broke out again.

RAZ island has Urban places (nice with big buildings) and an airfield a castle on a mountain. really nice

Ok.. played it with a friend of mine and solo later on.. smile_o.gif

It was fun.. though it was over too fast...

I maybe have some suggestions:

- When you go into that garage to get the radio part the doors must close and the red effect (which is really creepy) must kick in and zombies must come from a couple of directions or so tounge_o.gif

- Put a bicycle in it  wink_o.gif

- Also put a motorcycle in it

- Make the Radio Parts REAl radio parts.. maybe just simple objects or small boxes but at least make something.. its more real that way..

- Make it so that sometimes bad stuff happens.. like a blown tire or so (random)

- Make some of the cars broken down.. like sites where they crashed.

- Some burning cars would also add effect smile_o.gif

Well that was it.. I loved the mission biggrin_o.gif

Hey peeps thnx for the suggestions once again,

I have made version 3.1 in last 5 mins so there aint much new.

what is new is the ablitity to build fires and less fuel in cars.

So go to my site in my sig to pick it up!

Hey peeps thnx for the suggestions once again,

I have made version 3.1 in last 5 mins so there aint much new.

what is new is the ablitity to build fires and less fuel in cars.

So go to my site in my sig to pick it up!

Speaking of your website, i saw battlefield earth mission and tried it, really cool, any plans on making an MP version?

and the Money test mission requires objects1.pbo crazy_o.gif

Well the first version of BFE was MP but ppl dident hav the attension span to wait for the weapons arrive and stuff,so i scraped it and made it single player.

And i have no idea what that Objects1 is crazy_o.gif

Get objects1 here. wink_o.gif

It may not say it in the article, but the .zip file is named objects1.

All you need to do is search some sites...

Waterman smile_o.gif

*putting link on site*

Thnx water man!

Edit:Shit site seems to be down i cant update it sad_o.gif

Thx Waterman, and D.Murphy Man, would you mind sending/uploading the MP version again? Me and a friend would really like to play in MP with this cool mission

smile_o.gif

Well ill upload it again if i can find the old version,as i saved over it with the new single player version.

You can allways just unpbo the mission and add another player.

May i make a suchgestion?

Try to add some custom addons.

Or could you make 2 version ? a lite w/o and a normal with custom addons?

For your new mission that is.

PS:Maybe some BAS stuff? Deltas?

and mybe the Tales OF war NBC suits (zombies), as the infected guard personel near the BioLaboratory?? wich only apear near the laboratory?

Yes nice ideas,i was all ready playing to make 2 versions,one with and without addons.

But in my missions i try to keep the use of addons to a bare minimum as not every one wants to download loads of addons just to play one mission (I for one hate downaloding addons just to play a mission) witch means the range of people who will play the mission will be much more limited.

Yes nice ideas,i was all ready playing to make 2 versions,one with and without addons.

But in my missions i try to keep the use of addons to a bare minimum as not every one wants to download loads of addons just to play one mission (I for one hate downaloding addons just to play a mission) witch means the range of people who will play the mission will be much more limited.

Cool!

For my part have lots LOTS LOOOTS of addons. (4 Mod folder full)

So it´s almost imposible that i have to DL "popular" Addons for a mission.

Hope to see some nice missions soon, do you take the Razisland?

yea i got the raz island and most properly be useing it. If i get some time to start any thing at all crazy_o.gif

WAY hey!!

SV 3.2 (BETA) ready to D/L at my site!! (Warning Untested in MP) whats new i hear u shout?!

Zombie are much,MUCH more harder to kill

Aiming for the upper bodie ares and fireing fast is the best way to kill them

Thnx,SHell

I used Event Handlers (thank god (or bis) for that command) So they still look like bloody zombies but they take ten times as much to take down!

I uses the "Hit" event to make them setdammage 0.80 but i noticed a slight bug witch is very handy to me! Some times the event handler dose not detect the hit (because of you fireing too fast or some times it just dosent work) So this means the zombies can take a pretty much random amount of dammage.

P.S. in the non beta of V3.2 I will add more Rifles and Ammo as it is V hard

EDIT:I noticed a MAJOR mistake in the BETA and i have now updated it! Iv allso added betta guns on the bodies whiles i was at it. So please any one who have D/L the BETA go to my site and D/L the FIXED version.

Thnx

Hi there!

I've downloaded several versions of this mission and encounterd the very same "bug" every time. 1, i cant find the so called "radio tower" Actually in the first version i found it once but then i could'nt find any radioparts at all.

I understand that the radio parts are invisible but even though i carefully scanned the whole area near the marker i simply cant hit any form of trigger (witch i assume it is)

I played this with a friend and we saw 0 enemies. Probably due to the fact that we didnt trigger those triggers (?)

Anyway, any idea what could be wrong (and please don't get me wrong, im not just some avarage moron (well maybe i am) cos' i really searched alot and tried several version befor i posted here.)

smile_o.gif

Well i dunno whats wrong,i neva encounterd any proplems or for that matter any one els with thous proplems.Only time this happens is when you do not have the right version of the Skye island.Try the link to it on my site. And make sure u delete the skye.pbo u all ready have rather then replacing it (coz some times it dosent work dunno why might not replace it properly or sumthing)

Get the latest version of Skye here.

If you cant find the Radio mast, you either havent got the latest version of Skye or your not looking hard enough.

If you go to the big mansion beside the big mountain, there should be a radio tower just north of it in some trees next to the beach. Look for a small grey box in the map view about the mansion with the big walls. wink_o.gif

Here are 2 pics posted earlier in the thread:

pic1

pic2

Hope that helps... wink_o.gif

Waterman. smile_o.gif

donno if it was just me but i finished this mission VERY easily. I just grabbed the jeep, drove around grabbed parts and refueled at the gas stations. not sure if u planned on having it so easy to refuel, my suggestion is either blow them up at the beginning, or have a zombie or two just standing there at a station waiting for u

Ill look into blowing them up rock.gif Allso i am planning on making it much harder by adding extra objectives.Such as having to do somthing before u can get to a radio part or somthing.

Oi, I haven't here in a while, the new addons and new zombie coding sounds cool. Where did you get RAZ island by the way? I can't find it... sad_o.gif

Anyway, I've been doing alot of skinning recently, and I think I might try to make a 28 days laterbased mission based on your sky virus, is that cool wiht you?

Also, I've been doing alot of mission editing these days, And I'd like to know if perhaps you would allow me to make missions based on the earlier events of the Skye Virus (such as the soldiers defending their blockades and being overrun)?