Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Skye virus 3.0

Well i have no idea whats wrong sad_o.gif any suggestions ppl?

If this dont work why dont you try battling aliens trying to attack nogova in my battle field earth mission wink_o.gif or try out my Money Test mission biggrin_o.gif

Right theres advertising over,

Thnx,

Shell Shock

Congrats to the map creator!! biggrin_o.gif

Surely a new view on OFP possibilities.

I have not been able to complte the map yet but I have to tell you so far the experience was "intense", unique to what I have experienced on other OFP combat maps.

I really recommend it to try it.

just one note, if you are not good on map naviagting make sure you have cadet mode enabled bacuse navigation is hard on this one (but I like it this way tounge_o.gif )

How does the enemy attack you in the mission. rock.gif

Well they run up to you in swarms and start beating you to death with there fists,Quite scary when its sun set with the red sky and only 6 bullets left in your revolver wink_o.gif

EDIT:

Thanks Furia biggrin_o.gif

hmm we got all 4 radio parts and went back to the tower but what do we do then? we were running around for ages trying to figure it out and nothing happened apart from hordes of zombies came so we gave up

I must have a wrong copy of the map or something. I haven't seen any zombies or radio towers. sad_o.gif

Which version did you use to make it?

This mission is very good, i played with a friend last night and we were in a city, the car broke, we seen no zombies at all, and suddenly a group of 10 zombie show up , zombies coming from every side, we killed a couple to make a path and ran to another city finding more zombies lol

good mission for a thrill ;)

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

AHA!!! It's working now biggrin_o.gif

One bit of advice, add a savegame at each radio part. I found the last one and got killed while looking at my map in the car. sad_o.gif

Still great fun though. What did you use for the "eating" animation?

How does the enemy attack you in the mission. rock.gif

Well they run up to you in swarms and start beating you to death with there fists,Quite scary when its sun set with the red sky and only 6 bullets left in your revolver wink_o.gif

EDIT:

Thanks Furia  biggrin_o.gif

Can't you outrun them. Since people run faster with guns.

I'd play the mission but I'm having problems with the download. Any ingame pics?

mad_o.gif Ok, I spent around 45 minutes running around this island, gathering weapons and radio parts to finally get back to the radio station with all five parts, and then for NOTHING to happen. do I have to have my teammates who I already shot for their weapons with me? i couldn't climb to the top of the radio tower. I'm doing this in SP by the way.

Hmm,

So nothing happens at all then?

Strange,Ill see if i fix this proplem what is ment to happen is it says in the side chat "get back to radio tower" then when you get there it should give you the co-ordinats of where you must wait for a rescue chopper.

Ill have to look into it and find out whats wrong.

EDIT: right i have fixed the mission not ending now and ill be uploading it soon on to my site.Look on my sig for a link wink_o.gif

The mission still doesn't end. I collect all 5 parts, get to the radio, climb to the top of the tower for fun, call in for help and get the messages. After reading all the messages it still doesn't end, just has me staring at a black screen. So I exit out of the mission and, because of a bug in the island it's still running the simulation while I'm at the main menu. And because the mission never really ended, I'm stuck with a black screen at the main menu.

Get rid of a few typos and fix the end script and you'll have yourself a pretty good mission here. As a tip, try putting some zombies closer to the radio parts, just to make it more difficult.

GrrrrRRr why dose "force end" command never work?! dose any one know hot to make it work properly?

I believe it has to be used in a trigger, a better way would be to set a variable to true which will activate a trigger end the mission.

RED

WOW this is the scariest mission i have ever played. read my post in the OFP moments in gameplay thread, and you'll understand.

the_unknown_one

P>S well done m8 on teh leve, biggest fright and most fun ive had ina long time.

Quick couple of suggestions....

Firstly... too catch the gory-ness of all the cheesy Zombie flicks this brilliant mission pays homage too, why not try adding that "Blood Patch" thingy from Ofpec... It'd go down a blast.

Secondly... How about a mission from what you refer to at the start, casting you as a soldier in the effort to maintain control...

thnx for the suggestions but...

1.Blood patch thingy would completely lagg my system out with all thous zombies sad_o.gif .

2.Good idea ill think about it wink_o.gif

I am thinking about making a completly single player Virus mission (witch will = more zombies) in a post apocoliptic setting,where all of mankind has been over ran with zombies! and the last surviving few now live in Fortresses walled of to the out side world of zombies bla bla bla.. so its gonna be a type of RPG.

When we release the ECP, blood will always be in all missions without mission makers having to do anything.

RED

Right finally got the ending working and its up on my site so come download endable skye virus.

(Look in my sig for link)

Hey Murphy! smile_o.gif

Good to see you around again... I aint tried this new version but I see you done alot of changes to it since I played it last.

Hopefully it is better now, with my new version of Skye.

Do anyone know any servers that have it?, beacuse I haven't installed GameSpy yet... (had to re-format my Hard Drive recently).

Anyways, looking forward to trying this sometime...

Waterman. smile_o.gif

Hey waterman!

There has been a complete overhaul of the missions since the last one,I finnaly lernt how to script properly this time round tounge_o.gif

If you liked hte last one youll love this one wink_o.gif Why dont you give it a go in single player its just as fun as mutiplayer biggrin_o.gif

Allso as of yet i know of no severs witch host this,sadly.

Cheers waterman,

Shell Sh0ck