Sign in to follow this  
Rifleman

What vehicle is this?

i hope some one here knows what im talkin about and knows what it is

sorry i cant find a pic anywhere, probably could if i knew what it was called

i saw it on tv, its this new amazing off road vehicle the military is using, it looks like a really stripped down hummer, or a mix between a dune buggy and a hummer

its really light, gots lots of suspension travel

and its not that chenowith fast attack vehicle or desert patrol vehicle that looks like badass dune buggy

hope someone knows what im talkin about, it would be really cool in ofp

I think you're talking of the

Chenowth Advanced Light Strike Vehicle

I have no time to serach for a picture, but you should be able to find it yourself.

Guest Hitman[SWAF]

*edit* Im too slow, was just about to post that pic  smile_o.gif  */edit*

no, its none of those,

it looks like a really stripped down hummer, and its bout the size of a hummer, 4seats and all

really big fat offroad tires

if i remember right from the show, its a guy from germany that designed it, but im dont remember to well

but i would know this vehicle if i saw it

It is not the Ranger landie is it? If so i recommend you seek counseling smile_o.gif

I think I know what you are talking about, it is built by a company that was founded by a former Israeli soldier. It was featured on the History Channel's MAIL CALL. I forget the name as well, but I know exactly what you are talking about. They come in different versions, a casualty evac, troop carrier, assault, etc. You can stack one on top of the other for loading onto CH-53E's or C-130's, etc. They are a mean looking vehicle. The origins of the vehicle comes from the fact that this Israeli also used to either design or drive in Baja Off-Road Racing. I will try and research the name for you.

George

AOCbravo

that is exactly what it is, and i remember thats where i saw it to

Its called the Stryker.  Its named after two soldiers both named Striker.  I remember I liked how it looked.  Too lazy to look for a pic now as I'm just about to leave but hopefully this helped you.

::edit:: I got off my lazy butt and found a good link for you

Stryker Light Armored Vehicle

its more of a dune buggy type vehicle

its exactly what aocbravo was talking about

well, today on the history channel is Mail Call all day long, maybe ill see it on there again

well, i had mail call on all day and i didnt see it on there again sad_o.gif

it would be a perfect vehicle for ofp

Try looking at history channel's website, they might have info from previous mail call shows.

I don't know if either of those are what he meant, but that second one looks really cool.

The last pics wheels look like they came off the APC from aliens biggrin_o.gif

no, none of those are it, but that eagle is cool

its more of a dune buggy, but pretty big like as big as a hummer, and its stackable for transport like AOCBravo was talking about

but its exactly what AOCBravo said

Quote[/b] ]I think I know what you are talking about, it is built by a company that was founded by a former Israeli soldier. It was featured on the History Channel's MAIL CALL. I forget the name as well, but I know exactly what you are talking about. They come in different versions, a casualty evac, troop carrier, assault, etc. You can stack one on top of the other for loading onto CH-53E's or C-130's, etc. They are a mean looking vehicle. The origins of the vehicle comes from the fact that this Israeli also used to either design or drive in Baja Off-Road Racing

I remember that episode, pretty cool, I remember they could stack 1 on the other for transportation, the roll cage somehow folded, pretty cool.

ok, making some progess, lol

me and 2 other people know what it is now, but still dont know the name, or where we can find pics/info of it, heh

well, hopefully someone remembers what its called

Actually I thought the name was "shadow". It was pretty neat to, the wheel covers flapped and bent so the wheels could bend in more, I liked it.

No that's an early prototype from aliens. After they found out that you can't put 18 guy's in this thing they moved up to a larger version. Looks neat, though.

I take it you don't mean this one, right?

Véhicule Blindé Léger (VBL)

vbl_cat2g.jpg

vbl_cat3g.jpg

rock.gif