Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Woodland hummers

Oau,that Humvee looks cool indeed,if those comes out and Bas Humvees comes out than we'll have a bunch of nice Humvees smile_o.gif .

By the way,a little off-topic,I'm not from States but the US army is still using the M2 with Humvees??

Oau,that Humvee looks cool indeed,if those comes out and Bas Humvees comes out than we'll have a bunch of nice Humvees smile_o.gif .

By the way,a little off-topic,I'm not from States but the US army is still using the M2 with Humvees??

yeah the .50cal will be used for a long time to come becuase it is such a good weapons system, it rearly jams, has distances of sniper rifles and i is extrmemly powerful i.e. it can take off heads of enemy troops.

Yup... they're trying to replace the M2 and the MK-19 with a single 20mm auto cannon, but somehow I don't think that's going to happen, at least I hope not. Using 20mm HE shells at close range is a recipe for friendly casualites and I don't think it would have the accuracy of the M2. I've crewed the M2 and it's a great weapon although it's a pain in the ass getting the head spacing and timing adjusted sometimes if you're not really familiar with the weapon.

One thing I love about it is the nice big deep sound it makes when firing. There's an old phrase, used in the military that goes something like, "When Ma Deuce speaks, people listen!"

biggrin_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Great, now it turns out Geo "Stole" some of marfy's textures. Another hummer lost to some bullshit like that! mad_o.gif

Hmmm....Bugger sad_o.gif

Well if he 'stole' the textures, couldn't they both come to an agreement where say, GEO releases it and gives full credit to Maarfy? Seems feasible,no? If not then GEO'd be a fool to release it after being 'discovered' nicking someone else's work so it's either that or give it back to Maarfy for him to release it.Either way it looks good and I hope it IS released smile_o.gif

This is the kind of things that pisses me off,always must be something about a Humvee(its' stolen,dosen't work) then its been cancealed or whatever and we don't see a damn thing,always the Hummers,this vehicles are cursed or something sad_o.gif ,I hope BAS won't have problems like this.

Instead of stealing stuff from other's addons, why don't people just use them and credit the original addon maker...it ain't that difficult, surely... rock.gif

If you look at the discussions at ofp.cz, you can see some people are really pissed at Marfy. I myself think he is just pissed because someone is going to release something of his. He will never release anything he makes, and I heard from some Inv44 staff that Marfy plans to never release any of his addons. mad_o.gif

If you look at the discussions at ofp.cz, you can see some people are really pissed at Marfy. I myself think he is just pissed because someone is going to release something of his. He will never release anything he makes, and I heard from some Inv44 staff that Marfy plans to never release any of his addons.  mad_o.gif

I have read the comments at .info and i am sick of them. Just because some envious asshole said Marfy won't release his work, people started bitching at him.

Marfy never stated that he'll not release his addons, in fact he has stated many times on different CZ forums that he WILL. Would you people bother to ask him before spreading bullshit like this? I've read many of his statements about why his work takes so much time to complete. It i becasue he want it best quality. And i mean BEST! He put a lot of work to search for historical facts to ensure his addons will be true representation of reality. After MAAC stopped to cooperate with him, he alo has to do all the work including coding himself. And is a working person, doing it in his spare time.

It's sad when I see what amount of hate and cruelty are people able to put in their comments because someone said "Hey, did you KNEW that this arrogant **** won't release it? Lets flame him!". It goes up to comments practically saying that it is GOOD to steal his work.

I've never expected something like this mass psychosis can happen in what I thought was a mature and supporting community. Read comments at .info and you'll know what I mean.

Please excuse my poor English.

fighter's version does NOT work correctly, he thought it did, but it didn't...

It has to do with the fire geometry LOD and crap like that, it isn't a CPP issue...

I was hoping that this most recent "discussion" at .info would convince them to remove the ability to post comments at their site.....but it seems not. sad_o.gif

It ruins what is otherwise easily one of the best OFP news sites IMO. A lot of those comments makes you wonder why you bother to make anything for OFP at all...

I was hoping that this most recent "discussion" at .info would convince them to remove the ability to post comments at their site.....but it seems not.  sad_o.gif

It ruins what is otherwise easily one of the best OFP news sites IMO. A lot of those comments makes you wonder why you bother to make anything for OFP at all...

Know what you mean as addonmakers send news to a news site of their work and some people says its crap, sucks or whatever then you think i can better quit why should i work on it. But unfortunatly there are some kids that have bought OFP yesterday or last week and knowing exactly what it all is. Those people should be banned forever.  wink_o.gif

yeh but you forget that wheeled vehicles in OFP cant fire missiles nor have turrets

yeh but you forget that wheeled vehicles in OFP cant fire missiles nor have turrets

Then make it armored class, a small price to pay for some good hummers.

Hence (as I said) :

Quote[/b] ]Waiting to see how he'll pull off the TOW HMMWW wink_o.gif

rock.gif

And anyway, the Piranha by Swissmod is fine and it has both a turret and missiles wink_o.gif I don't mind the fact that it handles like a tracked vehicle... smile_o.gif

hummmm cant you script that type of thing. Make it where you have 2 models of the tow version. You will have to come to a full stop to fire the tow. When you come to full stop and pick to fire the tow, it will switch out to the other version. A non mobile version that you can have the gunner seat able to pivot the tow. rock.gif

talk to footmunch maybe he knows how to script the tow with his pseudo proxy

We are able to fly high end choppers.

We are able to drive high end tanks.

We can fly with superb jets.

We can fire with hundrets of weapons.

We can transport vehicles with choppers.

We can nuke a city.

So why we can´t drive a high quality HMMWV with a mg/tow on it or a medic version or an open hummer... or ... or... rock.gif???

I have no plan how to make a addon, but is it harder do make a HMMWV than a comanche/mi28/blackhawk/FA18/...?

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

We can nuke a city.

So why we can´t drive a high quality HMMWV with a mg/tow on it or a medic version or an open hummer... or ... or... rock.gif???

I have no plan how to make a addon, but is it harder do make a HMMWV than a comanche/mi28/blackhawk/FA18/...?

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

lol... true well said

Quote[/b] ]

We can nuke a city.

So why we can´t drive a high quality HMMWV with a mg/tow on it or a medic version or an open hummer... or ... or... rock.gif

MfG Lee

Yes!

After reading this topic in my search for HMMWV I ask myself that question....