Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Iraq Thread 2

Quote[/b] ]wonder where his 'we can do it ourselves' attitude is now

It is still there for the business to be made in Iraq  biggrin_o.gif

Well, SOMEBODY has to pump out all that oil. ;P

Quote[/b] ]"I haven't been back into Iraq or Afghanistan I guess since last...April or May and it seemed to me that it was important to have an opportunity to get a first hand sense of how things are going," Rumsfeld said.

LOL

He hasn't been in Iraq since the 80ies when he was shaking hands with Saddam and giving him WMDs to kill the evil Iranians. tounge_o.gif

I liked to read this letter from a soldier stationed in Iraq (the first part is boring). Just have a look. In case you dont like it please refer to the 24h-Albert-Schweitzer-complaint-hotline.

press here  ----> CLICK

And if you want to get realy realy REALY angry (or terribly satisfied) then read this

http://www.military.com/NewContent?file=FreedomAlliance_090403

Oliver North is a guy who got 3 years for his involvement in the Iran - contra affair while Reagan was president. Oh he didn´t have to go to jail of course.

He is a criminal and I don´t give a .... about what he thinks or has to tell.

Oliver North is a guy who got 3 years for his involvement in the Iran - contra affair while Reagan was president. Oh he didn´t have to go to jail of course.

He is a criminal and I don´t give a .... about what he thinks or has to tell.

I'm well and truly amazed - almost speechless to be correct.

He was not only "involved" in the Iran-Contras scandal - he sold rockets to Iran.

How the hell would anyone allow this man to voice his arguments?

The article in Oliver the crook's pen is pure propaganda. It's twisting facts of importance for the overall picture. It's a bloody shame!

wow_o.gif

For those of the americans that value their constitution Oliver North should be a reminder of disrespect and conspiracy to ditch the same values. Ollie and his friends wanted to set up a government - or a coup if you like - in order to suspend your chosen democracy. Think about that before you trust Ollie!

Damn, your back too! These scandinavians, tutututut.

Anyway, i haven't actually read anything preceedign this, i just saw BGNorway's name and instantly posted.

Iraq eh?

Well.... America and Britain are wrong, the continent are right as usual. Slaps GWB and TB on the wrist, naughty boys! Don't kill people without the UN's permission.

Anyway, the fact the Americans are now asking for international assistance is laughable, i cannot think of a better postion for Europe to be in to say fuck off to the bloody bush admin.

Damn, your back too! These scandinavians, tutututut.

Anyway, i haven't actually read anything preceedign this, i just saw BGNorway's name and instantly posted.

Iraq eh?

Well.... America and Britain are wrong, the continent are right as usual. Slaps GWB and TB on the wrist, naughty boys! Don't kill people without the UN's permission.

Anyway, the fact the Americans are now asking for international assistance is laughable, i cannot think of a better postion for Europe to be in to say fuck off to the bloody bush admin.

Hello my dear Jinef!

Haven't seen you in a while. Always nice to hear from you!

Anyway, Donald (no not the silly duck - the other silly one) is in Iraq on a cheerleader mission:

Quote[/b] ]US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has delivered a defiantly upbeat message on Iraq, speaking of a "wonderful start" to reconstruction - despite attacks on the US-led forces.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3086550.stm

.......kinda reminds me of the eighties hit " the future's so bright I got to wear shades" .

People are calling for Donald and Dickie's resignations here in the U.S., and the media is starting to listen. ABC News aired that last night saying that they and Wolfowitz were unrestrained hawks who were responsible for the poor post-war planning and that their agenda included more plans for nation building all over the world. It will be interesting to see how this plays out as the election heats up this November.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20030906_922.html

Rummy says,

Quote[/b] ]"Instead of pointing fingers at the security forces of the coalition, ... it's important for the Iraqi people to step up and provide information."

maybe it's just me, but to get something you have to earn it.

If they werent in their own nation, then perhaps they should have to 'earn' something from the US. But since the US is the aggressor, it's awfully arrogant to speak of Iraqi's needing to earn things in their own country!

Um. I think he meant the other way around. The US has to earn the trust of the Iraqis before they will be willing to take some initiative to help the US.

Um. I think he meant the other way around. The US has to earn the trust of the Iraqis before they will be willing to take some initiative to help the US.

thank you denoir. almost makes me want to feel sorry for IKEA expose. tounge_o.gif

Bush makes a speech

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/09/07/bush.speech/index.html

Quote[/b] ]President Bush tells Americans in a televised address that operations as part of the war against terror in Iraq and Afghanistan are worth the cost in dollars and lives. He says he is asking Congress for $87 billion for the coming fiscal year and that "we are rolling back the terrorist threat to civilization." And he called on the international community "to assume a broader role in assuring that Iraq becomes a free and democratic nation."

Full text of speech

Quote[/b] ]Billions more will be used for the reconstruction effort, which the White House at one point said would be paid for largely through the sales of Iraqi oil.
Quote[/b] ]"I recognize that not all of our friends agreed with our decision to enforce the Security Council resolutions and remove Saddam Hussein from power," Bush said. "Yet we cannot let past differences interfere with present duties."

Members of the United Nations, he said, "have an opportunity and the responsibility to assume a broader role in assuring that Iraq becomes a free and democratic nation."

i'm speechless...... crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, said he was not sure the proposed U.N. resolution would address the immediate problems in Iraq.

"It's the United States' war. We're the ones that started it. It's our responsibility to finish it," McCain told CBS. "We need more troops. We need more money. We need it quickly, and time is not on our side."

at least Sen. McCain has guts to say 'this is our problem.'

Bush kind of made it sound like we were planning on having international support all along...

And it really irks me to see him refer to "a broad coalition". Token forces from Poland and Australia, plus Britian, do not make a "broad" coalition. And the fact that countries may have supported verbally, but not actively supported, the invasion still does not give you a "coalition."

I wish we could get out of Iraq tomorrow and I wish that Bush was not president tomorrow. Tonite, an idiot presented an idiotic address to a nation full of idiots that still support him.

unclesam.gif

Quote[/b] ]"I recognize that not all of our friends agreed with our decision to enforce the Security Council resolutions and remove Saddam Hussein from power," Bush said. "Yet we cannot let past differences interfere with present duties."

Members of the United Nations, he said, "have an opportunity and the responsibility to assume a broader role in assuring that Iraq becomes a free and democratic nation."

i'm speechless...... crazy_o.gif

Hehe. I just read the speech and was about to quote that passage. He has got some balls "..to enforce the Security Council resolutions".. hehe.

Quote[/b] ]Bush kind of made it sound like we were planning on having international support all along...

And it really irks me to see him refer to "a broad coalition". Token forces from Poland and Australia, plus Britian, do not make a "broad" coalition. And the fact that countries may have supported verbally, but not actively supported, the invasion still does not give you a "coalition."

I think the frequently used term "broad coalition" is very characteristic of this war. Bending and twisting the truth to fit an inaccurate image.

"Saddam can launch his WMD in 45 minutes"

"Saddam can produce nuclear weapons within three years"

"We're enforcing the UN resolution"

"We have a broad coalition supporting us"

etc etc

The sad thing is that this was evident before the war and still a lot of people supported it.

Quote[/b] ]Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, said he was not sure the proposed U.N. resolution would address the immediate problems in Iraq.

"It's the United States' war. We're the ones that started it. It's our responsibility to finish it," McCain told CBS. "We need more troops. We need more money. We need it quickly, and time is not on our side."

at least Sen. McCain has guts to say 'this is our problem.'

Senator McCain should have been our President. Our family campaigned for him and I voted for him in the primary, but alas, Shrub had more money and American politics are all about money. McCain has too much integrity and honor to prostitute himself to the large corporate donors. Instead, he led the charge on campaign finance reform to get the "soft" money loophole shut down. In the end, all his honor and integrity bought him was a shunnning by his own party, a lost shot at the White House and a gutted campaign finance reform bill. Now we have Shrub starting wars to make him and his cronies a pile of money all at the expense of the middle class, and paid for in the blood of their sons and daughters and in their taxes. 87 billion my ass, the projections were actually for around 160 billion to get Iraq back on its feet, guess who's going to pay for that? Not Bush and not his old boy network, oh no, its going to be hardworking folks like myself. People just trying to get by and support their families all while the superrich make a ton of money off of stolen oil and laugh as they ass fuck us.

You know what the worst part is? The fucking American people are so stupid, ignorant and gullible, they will probably end up re-electing the sonofabitch.

Amen, brother.

And FWIW, I'd have voted for McCain if he was running for Prez. That guy's got guts. If he had lived 50 years ago, I think he'd have been President. When did the American people give their rights and votes up to corporate power?

So we've wrecked two countries entirely, killed a couple tens of thousands of people, pissed off the entire world, destroyed our own economy for the next 10-15 years and aren't much safer now than we were two years ago. Domestically, the "No Child Left Behind" has turned from a nice ideal to a miserable failure, Bush's own cronies have stolen billions in several corporate scandals, logging of National Parks and unrestricted power plant pollution have returned, stem cell research has collapsed and now the government can spy on American citizens in their own homes without anybody knowing about it.

But he's gonna get reelected.

Wow... I'm really angry. crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

But he's gonna get reelected.

Wow... I'm really angry.  crazy_o.gif  sad_o.gif

The solution is simple. Move to Canada/EU. tounge_o.gif

The solution is simple. Move to Canada/EU. tounge_o.gif

Yeah: America, love it or leave it.

Quote[/b] ]"For the Middle East and the world, there will be no going back to the days of fear -- when a brutal and aggressive tyrant possessed terrible weapons."

Heehee. *looks cynically at Bush*