Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Iraq Thread 2

Support?

I am just happy they got knocked off the UN either needs to be disbanded or claim it to the world that they work soleley for US interest.

Wheres your UN when america veteos resolutions against Israel and palestinians get killed everyday ?

Are their lives not equal to those who worked for the UN in Iraq?

Where was UN when america declared war in Iraq? where was UN when Sudan was bombed by US? Where is UN when american army sprays DU round over Iraqi landscape with their A-10's and M1a1?Where is the proof that Saddam had WMD's hell the UN had everything to do with it! They knew there was no evidence and still they turn a blind eye?

Where is UN when america attacked Afghanistan?

Quote[/b] ]I hope from the bottom of my heart, that you get a permanent ban for that  

I hope someone changesthat biased attitude of yours.

I am not being biased.

I simply cannot believe you said what you did.You are a horrible human being who should be locked up and made an example out of (a BAD example) mad_o.gif !

Acecombat, your comments were purely inflammatory, disgusting and just plain stupid.

And, I'm sure FSPilot would agree with you here, the VAST majority of board users are firmly and totally against the war and resulting occupation of Iraq.

I myself am a former US soldier and I think the war was a crime against humanity.

However, the UN was only trying to help the Iraqi people - they cannot and could not prevent the war, largely because the UN has absolutely no authority. If it did, Palestine would be it's own country, North Korea would have ceased to exist in 1953 and the United States would not be the world's problem child right now.

By supporting the bombing (which you effectively do) decries all the good works that the people working for the United Nations have done for nearly sixty years. Those people dedicate their lives trying to make the world a better place, often in the face of opposition ranging from George W. Bush to the lowly suicidal driver who blew himself up today.

What was the last thing you did to make the world a better place?

Methinks Ace Combat should be given a chance, his other posts are fine.

Huh?

What chances dude ?

I want a good enough reason to be banned mate.

It seems one cannot even voice his opinion here until unless it supports US or the coalition forces in Iraq  rock.gif

Eh? ARGHHH! Where the hell do you see people supporting this war? Actually do some checking and it might reveal the feelings of the majority of the members on this forum.

The factofthe matter is and remians same that the UN is just like a puppy whos leash is in the US's hands , which makes them equally responsible for the wrong doings.

Un is suppose to protect countries from aggression isnt it or was it made to approve wars on other countries by US?

I for one will be boycotting the Project Nomad Mod, for the simple reason that a group of individuals (the rest of the Project Nomad team) who enjoy a computer game  and who want to share their skills with a like minded community, can tolerate, and have a member such as Acecombat.

It's a shame, and I hold absolutely no grudges against the rest of the team (who I admit I haven't met) but as long as this type of behaviour (Acecombat's comment) is tolerated by them,then I believe it to be the only way to make an example of him.

I invite anybody who feels strongly about the 'points' Acecombat has made to do the same thing.

Methinks Ace Combat should be given a chance, his other posts are fine.

To be fair thats a pretty deranged post (Ace Combats). It doesn't even make any logical sense.

And for being a complete bastard, I hope you get badly hurt during the course of your day, perhaps some suffering will get you back in touch with reality!

BTW, the UN didn't authorise this war. It was waged illegally.

Good night!

Sorry, but who should get badly hurt during the course of their day...? I'm not really sure who you're talking about...

Its a good thing that HQ blowed up someone needs to give UN a good kick in the arse since all it does is do its bidding to america and nothing else its nothing but a legal front to get your illegal activites approved

Let me tell you this first: If you had come up to me in person and told me this, I would have smashed your teeth. It's in extremely in bad taste and insulting to gloat over the murder of people who have dedicated their lives to peace. mad_o.gif

The UN in Iraq has one mission and one mission only: to help the Iraqi people to rebuild their country and help them to live through a difficult transition period.

Furthermore, the UN did not support this war. On the contrary, USA & UK did not get the stamp of approval which meant that they had to finance this whole war all by themselves. The UN did exactly what it was supposed to do: the wishes of its member states and the security council.

A cartoon that Acecombat will probably print out and carry in his wallet or something like that:

unwgby1a.gif

-=Die Alive=-

It seems one cannot even voice his opinion here until unless it supports US or the coalition forces in Iraq  rock.gif

Really?  Then what exactly are you freely doing right now?

Hypocrite!   mad_o.gif

Its a good thing that HQ blowed up someone needs to give UN a good kick in the arse since all it does is do its bidding to america and nothing else its nothing but a legal front to get your illegal activites approved

Let me tell you this first: If you had come up to me in person and told me this, I would have smashed your teeth. It's in extremely in bad taste and insulting to gloat over the murder of people who have dedicated their lives to peace.  mad_o.gif

The UN in Iraq has one mission and one mission only: to help the Iraqi people to rebuild their country and help them to live through a difficult transition period.

Furthermore, the UN did not support this war. On the contrary, USA & UK did not get the stamp of approval which meant that they had to finance this whole war all by themselves. The UN did exactly what it was supposed to do: the wishes of its member states and the security council.

Hear,hear!!

mad_o.gif

A cartoon that Acecombat will probably print out and carry in his wallet or something like that:

http://images.indymedia.org/imc/mayday/unwgby1a.gif

-=Die Alive=-

*sigh*

Another one... sad_o.gif

Please don't turn this horrific event into a joke!  mad_o.gif

You are lowering yourself to the level of Acecombat...

What joke, I just thought that Acecombat would like that cartoon, that's all.

And if you think that cartoon was bad, take a look at some of the artist's other work in his gallery  Latuff Gallery

-=Die Alive=-

Quote[/b] ]The UN in Iraq has one mission and one mission only: to help the Iraqi people to rebuild their country and help them to live through a difficult transition period.

Furthermore, the UN did not support this war. On the contrary, USA & UK did not get the stamp of approval which meant that they had to finance this whole war all by themselves. The UN did exactly what it was supposed to do: the wishes of its member states and the security council

One mission yeah right?

They had a mission before that too to stop the war.

They should have kickd the US out of the security council or ban it at least.But wait maybe because US provides nearly 60-70% of the money that runs the UN so......

The Un should have given other members of the security council emergency powers to intervene or should have sent it forces to protect Iraq.I would have definitely liked to see if the US went against the Un peacekeeping forces!

Quote[/b] ]I for one will be boycotting the Project Nomad Mod,

Go ahead kid i wasnt also shoving a bullt through you to play it tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What was the last thing you did to make the world a better place?

What was the last thing you did to help iraq?

Except then sitting on your chair writing comments in a virtual world.

I and my father have contributed money for welfare and health funds here for the Iraqis that will go to the Iraqis.

We have also sent similiar donations to people suffering in Chechnya.

By the way nice cartoon really puts the wars primary motives in to perspective crazy_o.gif

Hey, I was finally able to keep my emotions pretty intact when I made my last post! I think anyone who knows a bit of my views understands what I think of Acecombats remark quite well. smile_o.gif Oh well, it doesn't really matter if it's one voice out of many who disagree, and actions are the real problem at the moment, not absurd opinions.

Let's take a "chill pill" here, and think about what happened today. It has all come full circle if you think about it. Everyone is trying to use the UN as a launching pad for sending messages, unfortunately not in cooperation with the UN. While the members of the UN hope for peace and attempt to aid in human suffering around the world, these are the unimaginable ways they get thanked.

Anyway, no matter how beneficial this actually is to either side of the conflict, whoever did this is obviously distraught and completely resigned with the future. If you can understand what I mean.

In a social example it's like killing your family member to show you're dangerous. crazy_o.gif that's what I think of it!

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]The UN in Iraq has one mission and one mission only: to help the Iraqi people to rebuild their country and help them to live through a difficult transition period.

Furthermore, the UN did not support this war. On the contrary, USA & UK did not get the stamp of approval which meant that they had to finance this whole war all by themselves. The UN did exactly what it was supposed to do: the wishes of its member states and the security council

One mission yeah right?

They had a mission before that too to stop the war.

They should have kickd the US out of the security council or ban it at least.But wait maybe because US provides nearly 60-70% of the money that runs the UN so......

The Un should have given other members of the security council emergency powers to intervene or should have sent it forces to protect Iraq.I would have definitely liked to see if the US went against the Un peacekeeping forces!

Acecombat,

I would strongly urge you to go and read the UN Charter before you make any more stupid comments. You obviously have no idea how the UN, let alone the Security Council, works. UN Charter. As of right now, you're just embarrassing yourself.

Read that and tell me where in that Charter it says that the UN can attack anybody. Or where the Security Council can pass a resolution with a less than unianimous vote amongst the Permanant Members. Additionally, last I heard, the US has paid only a fraction of the dues it owes the UN. It's hardly running on the money of American taxpayers and even if it was, it is no more responsible to the Americans than it is to the Chinese, Ethiopians, Uzbekis or Iraqis.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]What was the last thing you did to make the world a better place?

What was the last thing you did to help iraq?

Except then sitting on your chair writing comments in a virtual world.

I and my father have contributed money for welfare and health funds here for the Iraqis that will go to the Iraqis.

We have also sent similiar donations to people suffering in Chechnya.

Well congratulations. How much of that money is actually yours, that you earned, and not directly from your father? How much time did you spend boxing up relief packages and shipments? Were you out there in the streets with signs and banners that said "No War in Iraq" and "The UN Should Declare War on the US"?

I protested the war actively. I wrote letters to my Congressmen. That's just what I've done for Iraq. If I was more of a humanitarian and less of an environmentalist, I would have done more.

I give away large sums of my meager income and my less than ample time to support causes that I believe in. I spent six years of my life in uniform protecting the idiots and yahoos that make up the political class in my country. I defended people halfway around the world from the very country that just blew up a UN office. I have volunteered for various organizations for the past ten years.

So yes, I am sitting here on my chair making comments in a virtual world, but at least I can sit here with a clear concience knowing that instead of bitching and moaning I have actually gone out there and done something. Do not lecture me about inaction.

ACECOMBAT you are lucky my thread got locked when it did because the reply I directed at you would have got us both PR'd.

Anyway, I implore everybody to simply ignore this infant. Our time is too precious to waste it conversing with single cell lifeforms.

I will paste my post here so his/her offensive reply can be seen in -context.

Sorry, I should have realised that the truck bomb was being discussed here already!

Condolances go out to all the people working hard for the people of Iraq that have had thier lives shattered.

After all the work the UN put in to STOP THE WAR they are repayed like this? Of Course it only takes a few nutters to ruin it for every body else.

The UN special envoy Sergio Vieira de Mello was an amazing man, having worked in many hotspots, including East Timor, which is close to my heart. And of course the other less well known CIVILIANS who been killed or injured or are grieving over their work mates...

Flags at half mast today people...

sad_o.gifghostface.gifmad_o.gifghostface.gifcrazy_o.gifghostface.gif

This is the most Deadly attack on the UN in its history...

Send Your Condolances here

Civilians putting themselves at risk in a faraway land... Now those are real heroes...(same goes for Red Cross, Oxfam etc etc)

After a break from the offtopic for about 2 months i have now come back to be impressed by how unimpressive the opposition is.

Acecombat -

Ok that's all i have to say, i am now going for a run and not coming back to offtopic for another two months.

I find it distressing to see people like Denoir and Hellfish banging their heads against a brick wall.

My condolences to the people in the UN building.

On a more cynical Jinef note: This is yet more evidence that this 'war on terror has been nothing but a complete distaster, i certainly don't feel safer. On the contrary, terrorist attacks have increased 3:1 since this whole molarchy started. I am utterly ashamed of my country's management of the situation and i believe that more lives will be lost due to my country's and the US's actions.

Good Day to you all who deserve it.

US doesn't pay but pennies to the UN, because for some reason they don't want to. Anyway, in order to prevent huge conflict in the world, it is best to keep the (militarily) strongest country in the UN. That way other countries can at least try to control the flailings of the wounded giant.

US doesn't pay but pennies to the UN, because for some reason they don't want to. Anyway, in order to prevent huge conflict in the world, it is best to keep the (militarily) strongest country in the UN. That way other countries can at least try to control the flailings of the wounded giant.

I agree that the UN has no choice but to accomodate the mad rantings of the current US administration, in the same way it has to accomodate the mad rantings military and religious dictatorships (and yes, the US is a mix of both in a way).

I would like to see the US pay its bills to the UN that it owes, instead of squandering millions on new weapons and subsidising its highly in-efficient agriculture. It is a such a shame that the UN is blamed for ineffectiveness when its always the one or more of the Five Permanent members of the security counscel that pull the strings of this organisation away from issues they have vested interests in. Do you guys remember in the 80's the UN was incapable of getting a ban on nuclear testing, at a time when all 5 security council members were currently testing their weapons in other peoples backyards.

A similar thing happened in Iraq, when Russia, France, Britain and the US all had historical vested interest in the country.

I am wondering why the Security council seats cant be rotated or voted on. How about if any country that has acted in an aggressive manner or broken international law gets a 5 year ban from the council?

I know this is going to be picked to peices, but that is why this forum is so good.

Does any one know of an image of the UN flag at half mast on the net I could use as my avatar?

Sorry for drunken ramblings... tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Where was UN when america declared war in Iraq? where was UN when Sudan was bombed by US? Where is UN when american army sprays DU round over Iraqi landscape with their A-10's and M1a1?Where is the proof that Saddam had WMD's hell the UN had everything to do with it! They knew there was no evidence and still they turn a blind eye?

Where is UN when america attacked Afghanistan?

The only point this guy has is that the US got away with all that because they are the US. Most other countries would be under heavy UN sanctions for actions like this.

While I also agree that the way the UN works need to be revamped, I think supporting the murder of UN employes is sick and disturbing. And if anything, deserves measures taken from the mods.

hmm , seeing the latest developments , Beyruth anyone ?

I don't think we should dignify Acecombat's ridiculous ranting with responses anymore... wink_o.gif

On a more cynical Jinef note: This is yet more evidence that this 'war on terror has been nothing but a complete distaster, i certainly don't feel safer. On the contrary, terrorist attacks have increased 3:1 since this whole molarchy started.

Ditto, absolutely, the war on terror is really a war for terror.

I am shocked by the result of this bombing and my thoughts are with the families of the UN workers who got killed or injured.

I am also shocked what attitude some people show and how stupid and uninformed they are.

Mr Bush should be very quiet now. If someone is responsible for hatred against the UN, it is him and his liar-friend Blair. They were the ones to override the UN, they were the ones who started this illegal war and yet they don´t seem to be honorable enough to confess their real motivations and take the responsibilities for their actions.

There is blood on the hands of both and I hope there is something like a final judgement that will punish them and the ones who assisted them during their warmongering campaigns.

Anyway Bush tries to benefit of the attack again to support his senseless war on terror that has never been sucessfull and will never be.