Sign in to follow this  
rambozo

9800pro problems.

my 8500le 64meg allways ran smooth and without a hint of problems with ofp.

I decided to buy me a brand new fancy smansy 9800pro so as to play ofp in crystal clarity. However thats not quite the case. It wont even start for me. It poops out this "D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY" on startup.

I tried different drivers and settings I dont know what to do. ofp just wont run.

any suggestions (aside from buying a different card)?

Very common error, searching would have found you some answers.

Try moving o.pbo from res/addons to the normal addons direc.

Any other suggestions? that didnt work.

Thanx.

I had to remove 500mb of addons to get the FDF mod to work, that only left 90mb of addons sad_o.gif

Yes disabling the addons done the trick. Now I can play in crystal clarity smile_o.gif And its really really nice

I know It was the addons...but it is really lame,I have only 232 mb of addons... sad_o.gif

I used to have a GeForce3 card with 64MB or ram and i never got that kinda message. Usualy i got the "Memory map XX" error when i had too much addons (the roof used to be around 1-1.5Gb of addons, more if i ran CutPBO on the big o.pbo)

But now with my brand new Radeon9500PRO with 128MB or video memory my limit is down to around 6-800MB. I solved the problem with using custom mod/addon folders. So i have like 5-10 diff. starticons for OFP, one for "regular" (only res/addsons), one with CAF Mod in it too, one with SPF30 (swedish pack) and one with SebsNamPack. It works, but still its a PAIN to have this limit this low

Can it be that you need to change the AGP size apeture in the BIOS? ITs on 64MB right now, but i got a 128 card now. But i have had some bugs when trying to change that....

BRSSEB