Sign in to follow this  
Jones-21VB

Roads and crossroads

Hi again, world editors.

As I have said before, Visitor is a great tool. But...

When placing roads and crossroads i get a problem. I have the settings correct i guess with roads/straight/curves etc. and Crossroads.

Then, when i place a starting crossroad, and put some road after that its all fine, but when i place a second crossroad to the line of road, the new crossroad get coordinates that visitor cant process?, like "9.234.75", and it wont let me place any other road to the new crossroad, unless I remove the ".75"? This results in roads that are not totaly alligned.

Regards.

Jones Out!

I think setting your road/crossroad definitions to "automatically align to surface" might fix this.

Looks like you've changed evrything to 0 in the height boxes?

I have left mine at the default levels and havn't encountered this problem.

roaddef.jpg

Not sure if changing them back to defaults will work but its worth a shot.

Without wanting to start a new thread - what's the name for the crossroad when you have two simple dirt roads (cesta)? I remember seeing such a crossing on Nogova, but there doesn't seem to be one in the o.pbo...

Hey Daddl........emmm....I mean Joltan.

Resistance crossroads which include a dirt road component are called:

kr_new_asf_ces_t.p3d and

kr_new_sil_ces_t.p3d

There is no crossroad where both components are dirt road.

None that I can find anyway.

The same goes for the original crossroads, but, the names are:

kr_asfaltka_cesta_t.p3d and

kr_silnice_cesta_t.p3d

Planck

Never mind with the standart issue. It still dosent work, I tryed to start a new island with all settings at standart, no good sad_o.gif

Help!

Is it possible to generate a road such that a road is looped?

for example, something like # <-this

where the cross of the top left goes to the cross on top right, which goes to lower right, to lower left back to top left.

I want to make a city with such kind of road.

Do I have to set everything manually?

Im also having problems with creating roads when using the cross road. I have mad a long section of road from top to bottom of my island. Then i have gone to say halfway up that road and added a T junction (this went weird as it layed the crossroad over the original and i thought it would just change the road texture into a t junction texture) ive now got another t junction i need setting down but it dont go down as i want it. Is there any Road tutorials out there at all? as it would be of great use to alot of people.

I think you have to add a load of texture to the 'special' for Tee junctions. Things like Kr_silnice_cesta. They're all in one place in the data3d starting with kr_

Have you tried making a new 'entry' in the crossroads tool for each crossroads?, or do you use the same one for all of them?...

The only crossroad texture I could find was 'kr_silnicexsilnice' sad_o.gif so I don't think there are ones for dirt roads.Not in the data3d PBO anyway...

__

Quote[/b] ]The same goes for the original crossroads, but, the names are:

kr_asfaltka_cesta_t.p3d   and

kr_silnice_cesta_t.p3d

Those are Tee junctions, not crossroads...

Dowload the data3d pics from CIA's site and you'll find only kr_silnicexsilnice is a crossroad...

Yeah i have all the roads sufaces i need and i know all the parts but its just placing the darn things, i would really appreciate a little tutorial or just some info into placing T junctions and crossroads. My email is jeftec2001@yahoo.com if anyone would be kind enough to give me about 10 mins of their time wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

The same goes for the original crossroads, but, the names are:

kr_asfaltka_cesta_t.p3d   and

kr_silnice_cesta_t.p3d

Quote[/b] ]

Those are Tee junctions, not crossroads...

Yes I know......My mistake.......sorry, I looked at the wrong files.

Planck

I think you have to add sideroads as you 'go along', it won't let you go back and add things. If you right click on the 'allready built' road you get the screen that comes up to 'modify key part', I think you just have to add a 'special part' (dirt Tee or whatever) to whichever 'direction'(A,B, ect) you want. I tried this with joining a crossroad to a section already started with a crossroad and it laid the silniceXsilnice but the texture never showed on buldozer. My guess is it has to be a 'keypart' for it to be editable, so we are stuck with dodgy overlapping sad_o.gif ...

We'll have to take a good look at the resistance cities to see how(if) they joined theirs...

[EDIT]

Just looked and they don't use a crossroad at all. They just lay roads over each other, looks quite bad from the air. I don't think they even used Tee's...