Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Finnish defence forces mod 1.0 released!

Midsummer greetings!

Congratulations to the FDF team for this excellent mod! I haven't been able to test this mod, since I am at home with my pesky old 150Mhz for the summer sad_o.gif , but rest assured I will occupy the rest of my spare-time with this when I get back to Jyväskylä to my newer machine! I might also have some new songs from Airut by then wink_o.gif

get's better and better. even after deleting everything related to OFP (including registry entries) I can't get OFP:R to work. Version 1.75 works but everything above doesn't. grrr. very good guess I have to format my harddrive again now that I finally had "recovered" form the last time OFP made trouble only solvable by formatting the HD. mad_o.gifmad_o.gif

Uhh, i'm not very clever when i ask this but at what range do the mortars work, i couldn't get them to fire at all.

As far as I know AI can't use them sad_o.gif, but they are really nice in coops and other MP games smile_o.gif.

Amazing mod.

I won't go out this night smile_o.gif

FDF: SO SWEEEEEEET!!!

@donnervogel:

formating hard drives to solve computer problems is like aspirin for a chopped off finger! biggrin_o.gif

Congratulations FDF mod on a job extremly well done!!!

This is most impressive!!

biggrin_o.gif

I'm hooked on the missions even though I havent played a single player mission in about 6 months.. This mod is a definite keeper smile_o.gif

@donnervogel:

formating hard drives to solve computer problems is like aspirin for a chopped off finger!  biggrin_o.gif

yeah then tell my computer that I don't like green screens.

I didnt go through the last few pages so I'm not sure if this was mentioned...

Not a big deal but theres a few untextured LODs here and there. I'll post em if no one has seen this before.

Awesome job though, those tripwire engineers were a nice treat to find. biggrin_o.gif

Comme d'hab Keg un ton au dessus.

Too much this guy!

& the team too!

Not a big deal but theres a few untextured LODs here and there. I'll post em if no one has seen this before.

Could you please specify what units have untextured LODs?

@ June 22 2003,00:26)]

Could you please specify what units have untextured LODs?

I guess this is known bug.

After running binarize, some LODs were missing small patches of textures on backside of soldiers. It affects almost all models sad_o.gif

I still get that Crash after 10 - 15 mins bug after a complte reinstall and the only addons i have are FDF Mod and Winter Nogova and i have Direct 3d T&l so can any one help ;).

try it without HW T&L ;)

Maybe you've got the same Bug that I have with forrests loading.

I was wondering: Could the FDF team maybe make the MTLB drivers less insane? I've noticed that when they go downhills and bumpy terrain, they bounce and slide everywhere. Is this a normal attribute of the MTLB, or..?

Oh man, every time I play with this pack I find something else cool to do. smile_o.gif

One suggestion, since you have all these mobile weapons systems, maybe you could add some kind of towing script for the AAA guns. I don't know, but it would be pretty cool. biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, how exactly do I use the mortar? I can see already that its engagement range is a lot farther than the player can see (which is realistic, I assume). Why is it so hard to move the barrel upward, it kind of swings back and forth a lot. Can the AI use this correctly? How do I use the markings to aim? biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

finally got chance to finish downloading and install and check it out briefly.

First of all, let me congratulate FDF mod for an excellent work.

feature request(or i'm a lazy bastard thing). in mission editor, i pres 'ESC' and the menu comes up. choose 'Abort' and it will open up the notebook with stats and etc. on the bottom, there are 'Reply' and 'Continue'. In OFPR, there is a line under 'continue' so i can just press enter and go back to mission editor. in FDF mod, there is no focus on that, so i have to move my mouse and click on 'Continue' button.

I  haven't checked it for more than 5 minutes in continuous manner, so i don't know what long run problem i'll be encountering as of yet.

for some rookies, let me reiterate readme file instruction.

1.extract the compressed file into some folder.

2.copy/cut self extractor to where flashpointresistance.exr file is(most likely, c:\program files\codemaster\operationflashpoint

3.use the executable file to run the mod, if you don't know how to use -mod parameter correctly.

i'm running with HW T&L and had no problem so far, but i'll report anything if it happens. for general info, my PC is 750mhz AMD Duron, 372MB ram, GF4Ti4200.

is it me or did some weapons sound came form AA?

Outstanding job, guys. I didn't know a whole lot about the FDF before I played this and now I feel almost like an expert. It's really a fantastic addon, and all the missions I've played so far are great. The performance even seems to be improved, as I have absolutely no problems running at higher-than-normal resolutions.

I do have a request, though - what are Sussi units? Did I spell that right? If you guys release a new version, could you include unit explanations in the readme? For those of us who can't tell the difference between regular Jaegers and Sussi. Thanks. smile_o.gif

finally got chance to finish downloading and install and check it out briefly.

First of all, let me congratulate FDF mod for an excellent work.

feature request(or i'm a lazy bastard thing). in mission editor, i pres 'ESC' and the menu comes up. choose 'Abort' and it will open up the notebook with stats and etc. on the bottom, there are 'Reply' and 'Continue'. In OFPR, there is a line under 'continue' so i can just press enter and go back to mission editor. in FDF mod, there is no focus on that, so i have to move my mouse and click on 'Continue' button.

I  haven't checked it for more than 5 minutes in continuous manner, so i don't know what long run problem i'll be encountering as of yet.

for some rookies, let me reiterate readme file instruction.

1.extract the compressed file into some folder.

2.copy/cut self extractor to where flashpointresistance.exr file is(most likely, c:\program files\codemaster\operationflashpoint

3.use the executable file to run the mod, if you don't know how to use -mod parameter correctly.

i'm running with HW T&L and had no problem so far, but i'll report anything if it happens. for general info, my PC is 750mhz AMD Duron, 372MB ram, GF4Ti4200.

is it me or did some weapons sound came form AA?

Heh, I complained about that no-focus-on-the-continue-button bug too.

I hope they change that!

Heh, I complained about that no-focus-on-the-continue-button bug too.

I hope they change that!

So did I. Funny, I thought I was the only one bothered by that. crazy_o.gif

My guess is they did that to solve the issue in multiplayer when people will accidently hit enter on disconnect when the admin switches maps all of a sudden.

Outstanding job, guys. I didn't know a whole lot about the FDF before I played this and now I feel almost like an expert. It's really a fantastic addon, and all the missions I've played so far are great. The performance even seems to be improved, as I have absolutely no problems running at higher-than-normal resolutions.

I do have a request, though - what are Sussi units? Did I spell that right? If you guys release a new version, could you include unit explanations in the readme? For those of us who can't tell the difference between regular Jaegers and Sussi. Thanks. smile_o.gif

The SISSI-units are guerrillas. They fight and perform reconnaissance/sabotage missions deep in the enemy territory.

I decided to post a little review of the units here, because I realized that most of the non-Finnish people who have downloaded the mod might not have proper knowledge about the units and their roles. So, here we go, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Jaegers are assault infantry. They are generally better equipped than infantry, which are included in FDFMOD as reservists. Jaegers can be used for any role, whether it be attacking, defending or protecting an important facility. Jaeger units are also more mobile than normal infantry units, usually riding to battle with Sisu XA-185s, as opposed to reservist formations which might move with an Ural truck.

Military police, hereafter referred to as MPs, protect important facilities and fight airborne troops. MP formations are also quite well equipped, with a platoon having 2 XA-185s and a truck. MPs also take care of enemy POWs.

Mechanized infantry are basically the same as Jaegers, but they carry less equipment and are more heavily armed. They fight alongside their IFVs, and are mostly used for attacks.

Special and paratroop recon jaegers are trained in Utti Jaeger Regiment. Special jaegers are trained to fight in urban enviroment, while paratroop recon jaegers specialize in operating deep behind enemy lines, performing reconnaissance and sabotage. Both troops receive paratrooper training.

Sissi units perform similar duties as paratroop recon jaegers, with the exception that they don't receive paratrooper training. Whereas recon jaegers tend to remain hidden, Sissi units have a more hostile role. These units do not rely on motorized transport, and are constantly on the move in order to make it more difficult for the enemy to track them.

Coastal jaegers play an important role because the shoreline of Finland is full of little islands, and the archipelago of Ahvenanmaa (demilitarized) is a very important due to its position between Finland and Sweden. Coastal jaegers undergo a very harsh training, performing the normal duties of Jaegers with the exception of being very capable of operating with boats.

I guess that's pretty much it. Short and simple. If anyone has any questions, please post them here.

Edit: Added a few more descriptions.

Yeah, I´ve seen some missing LODs under Special Jaeger backpacks...and I thought it was just my imagination, but it seems like other people have noticed an improvement in performance too smile_o.gif

How about adding one of those Russian boxer trucks that the FDF has? No, I´m not talking about the Sotku van, the GAZs or whatever they are are textured more like Finnish UAZs and I hear they´re really cold in the winter biggrin_o.gif

And would it be possible to add some reservists with a bit rounder bellies wink_o.gif or would it clip into the animations...?

Much praises, thanks and appreciation from me. I've been waiting this for so long.

Though I must lower myself to request for something. First being the bicycle. Riding a bike to a ambush would make a nice mission. Then there's the second request, I usually play MP games on a 2 machine LAN, and most of the coop-missions included have many different teams. So, what I'd like, is AI waypoints for the teams, so our coop-games wouldn't form to a 2 men vs Russia battles.

Oh well, these aren't so important, I can enjoy the mod even without these little things, especially as I now have the chair, which makes for a great mission objective in my Vääpeli Körmy -style missions.

But those requests shouldn't take long to make, if you happen to have any extra free time someday.

Kiitos ja anteeksi.