Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Limited vehicle maneuverability

Vehicles are, apparently, limited so that you can't roll them in a fast turn. Is there any way we can get rid of this? I think it'd be a good thing for realism, and it would save my skin a few times (you know, going along nice and fast then suddenly there's a turn and you end up hitting a tree).

Have you ever heard of a invention called brakes? smile_o.gif

I agree that better realism would be better.

Yes i agree too! A little more realism to the cars. As for other vehicles such as chopper i think the balance is fairly good allready!

smile_o.gif

eh.. i dont believe they want to turn OFP2 into a racing simulation game.  biggrin_o.gif

i believe BIS is intending on making the engine as versatile as possible and having more accurately portrayed vehicles or at least the ability for the accuracy to be improved by advanced mod teams would be part of this versatility.

I don't think there is anyway for them to avoid improving the vehicles from "functional" to "pseudo sim" or similar.

Now the BIS team has tripled in number I doubt the extra people are only working on textures and graphics. rock.gif

PS. I do realise you were poking fun. wink_o.gif

Have you ever heard of a invention called brakes? smile_o.gif

That's the problem though. tounge_o.gif I'd rather flip the car and learn my lesson than slow down.

hee hee!

i'd use the rolling technique as a weapon!!!

i'd be called sir rols alot

or a moron in a tank!!!

i'd only use the brakes so i don't roll off hills

or i cud be blasted off hills in a jeep and then jump out!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....etc etc

Yeah, I have had for the longest time a problem with driving some of the vehicles fast... when I try to take anything but the most shallow turn the steering wheel will not turn and I wind up driving right into a tree.

Yes, I would much rather risk rolling the vehicle.

In fact, Jeeps are infamous for killing soldiers because they roll too easily. (Jeeps don't kill people, people kill people.)