Sign in to follow this  
McHale

.wrp --import--> visitor

How come when I try to import the BIS .WRP islands nothing happens? Is it not possible to import or am I not doing something?

Pls help

*Bump*

Is it even possible to open up WRP files at all?

When I save my WRP file from WRPEDIT, It refuses to load with Visitor?? crazy_o.gif

Its because the OFP gods dont want you looking at it biggrin_o.gif

It will open you just have to fiddle with it.

Eh fiddle with it? Can you be a bit more... specific? wink_o.gif

Goddamnit, this totally blows. Can Visitor not even open a freakin' WRP file without crashing?

Surely sombody is good enough to know the answer. C'mon Don't be shy...

I post this on the other.Topic

Quote[/b] ]Simple,Just make a "Shortcut" of your "Buldozer.exe" an type in the Target "-Window."Once thats done just start buldozer from the shortcut you just created.Go into visitor and "connect to Buldozer",Then import the .wrp file.It should give some error that states "Landscape dimensions 1x4187632 not rectangular".Numbers 1x4187632 may vary an Once that pops-up just click "OK" that will close the Buldozer Viewer.Ok next start Buldozer from the shortcut you just created.Watch it load up.It should import the .wrp.You only have to import it once.Maybe this will help.

Mhh, OK, until the "Not Rectangular blabla" it behaves exactly like described on my machine. But then you lost me. I tried diconnecting/reconnecting to Bulldozer and the copy protection is working (cd drive starts working, OFP-CWC banner coming up), but the Bulldozer window won't show up. No error messages. I try the import again I get no rectangle error message but no island showing up in the editor window.

I tried reloading bulldozer from inside Visitor and with a shortcut in explorer, all to no avail. So I'm out of ideas rock.gif

Tried it with a 'from scratch made' island from WRPEdit and with Nogova.

Importing ASE works fine btw.

Help. please smile_o.gif

Once you get the error just click the shortcut that you made for Buldozer.exe.And "WATCH" Buldozer load the map.Wait for it to load.You might want to download the updated Buldozer.exe so you wont need the CD.

Its pretty much easy when you get it to work.

didnt work for me sad_o.gif

Ive done everything but every time i watch buldozer open the wrp files, Visitor & Buldozer Crash rock.gif

I did the way above i think... And it worked for me

Opened Visitor>Opened Buldozer>Imported .wrp>reloaded Buldozer and it worked for me.

Quote[/b] ]

didnt work for me

wow_o.gif if you just want to take over the terrain and no textures or objects you might try using my tool called "txt2ase", it converts text-heightfield (exported from wrpedit or wilbur) to .ase-format

you can find it at ofp.info or ofpec (under pending ressources so far) smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

didnt work for me

wow_o.gif if you just want to take over the terrain and no textures or objects you might try using my tool called "txt2ase", it converts text-heightfield (exported from wrpedit or wilbur) to .ase-format

you can find it at ofp.info or ofpec (under pending ressources so far) smile_o.gif

got the problem solved with beta wrptool smile_o.gif