The Frenchman

Ofp moments in gameplay

Hi all

For me still one of the greatest moments in OFP is from the demo mission. Crawling into a nearby bit of foliage while the last BMP runs around like a demented Dalek playing squash the bushes.

I can still feel the sweat trickling down between my shoulder blades as those characteristic squeaking treads roll around behind you all the time getting closer and CLOSER!

In a cold sweat Walker

I had many special moments in OFP.

One was really scary and got my adrenaline pumping.

I was playing Aircav with iNeo and we were supposed to secure an LZ where a downed pilot was heading for extraction.

We took the Littlebird and flew over, we started at the desert airfield in Nogova and the LZ was East of the island in the middle of Nogova.

Halfway to the LZ we had a Hind radarcontact 1km away, as we were in the LB we didn t have much of a chance so we started ( iNeo was flying ) racing toward the LZ as fast and low as we could.

When we got to the LZ we made a quick perfect landing with the hind really really close up our ass. We jumped out the LB while the Hind was passing us making a backturn to engage, and ran into the woods ( we touched down just next to a forest ).

We ran away and dove onto the ground when we thought we were far enough. Just a few seconds after we got out of the LB it got blown up by the Hind.

We finished the objective anyway ( sending in 2 AI cobra's to take on the hind ) and got extracted by an AI blackhawk ...

Was a really cool experience smile_o.gif

Cheers

my (old) ambush story in OFPR campaign.

as you know, third mission of OFPR is where you ambush a convoy to gather supplies. when I started the mission, briefing said i had 10 minutes. screw that.

Oh, I have so big problems with this mission.  sad_o.gif But I keep trying.  wink_o.gif

I did it!!! Just keep trying (and smiling). smile_o.gif

I remember once what happened in multiplayer . There was one person that kept asking "Frenchman, are you French?" I tried to answer my question but I couldn't. Why may you ask? It is because I don't know what damn key to push to talk. And guess what, it gets worse. During the game, he kept on running me over and telling me to do stupid commands like go attack that T 72 with your Berreta. crazy_o.gif

So for the love of spam sandwitches, will someone tell me what key to push!!!!! crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Simply press /  biggrin_o.gif   And press < and > to change who can see your message(global, side, group, vehicle, etc).

I was *sniff* in a game with *sniff* Tigershark and I was tweeting and he told me to shut up so now I am traumatized *crys*.

tigershark.jpg

So for the love of spam sandwitches, will someone tell me what key to push!!!!!  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Depends on keyboard layout, it's - on some, and , & . to switch channel.

, and . are the same as < and >. Just hold Shift to get the arrows.

As for my OFP moment...er...

rock.gif

...I killed an enemy soldier! biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

, and . are the same as < and >. Just hold Shift to get the arrows.

No, as I was saying, it depends on keyboard layout. If I hold Shift and press , and . I get ; and :. wink_o.gif

My "moment":

I was playing the campaign mission (can't remember name, too lazy to look up. smile_o.gif ) where you're Gastovski and you have to sneak into Guba's little house on Kolgujev and get the documents. Anyhow, I just got the docs and was about to get to the beach at the far end of the island, when I see one lone BMP. Obviously, I do what any respectable soldier would do:

Panic, and duck into a clump of bushes.

So, anyway, this stupid BMP goes ahead (I don't know if it saw me or not) and parks itself right over my bush. So, there I am, staring up at this big hunk o' steel, holding my breath, waiting for it to go away, spot me and kill me.

Nothing moves for 5 minutes.

Finally, I think, "screw this, if I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die with style." I plant my last satchel, and slowly crawl out of the bushes, away from the gun. Amazingly, it just sits there, not moving.

Unfortunately, once I get within actual range of its gun, the turret turns, and the BMP starts writhing around in circles. So I press the button.

*BOOM*

And, thanks to some miracle in gameplay, I happened to be *just* out of range of my bomb. I then proceed to run like an asshole toward the extraction point. biggrin_o.gif

My Best Moment

I was playing my SP called Blazing Fury and it is a good old Nam mission i was on a small mountain some where on a mountian of La Drang i was a lone had a single magazine surrounded by vietnimese (30+crazy_o.gif ) but then i looked toward the setting sun when this Huey Gunship + Slick came in the Gunship came in Guns Blazin (all of them at the same time!) and then the slick landed in an empty piece of land about 20 meters away then i got onboard then saw some F4s Cover the area in Napalm

*Edit* 100th Post biggrin_o.gif

My best OFP moment.

I was playing my mission The Skye Virus V1.3 (Newest one) with me mate Bob.We desided to go to the police armoury before getting the radio parts.So we drove there,shot one or 2 zombies bla bla.

When we got there I started loading the truck up with weapons whiles bob went to set up some satchel charges,At this time it was Very Dark.Bob manage 2 set up the satchels with out a hitch and helped me load the weapons.

But....

About 2 mins later i went to get one more gun of a bodie whiles bob load up the jeep with the last few weapons in the crates.The bodie was close the the entrance of the amoruy (Militray base) where the satchels just happen to be,So i bent down to pick the gun up and as i got back up...SHIT!

about 20 zombies in front of me,I set the gun the automatic and start to spray bullets into the zombies.It had no effect..They where all ready surrounding me! Bob,hearing the shots,begins giving me cover fire as i run back to the jeep,then he sets the satchels off! this manages to kill 3 of them but the power of the explosion destroyed the lights in the base and blunged it into darkness.Bob and me run around like headless chikens for a while fireing shots of here and there in parranoier! Then bob remembers that we got the action to build fires,so it builds one and lights it.

As he lit the fire it alominated (spelling crazy_o.gif ) 5-7 zombies right in front of him,so i mount the machine witch was attacked on the back of the jeep and manage to despatch all of them in a quick sieries of bursts.

This leaves about 3-2 zombies left.I get off the jeep and start to look around for them in the poorly lit base.Then suddenly in global chat "Arrgghhhh Help Get it off me!!" from bob! i run back to the fire but it was too late the corpse of my dear friend was being eaten by the zombies sad_o.gif then as i watched in horror....BANG.....Player Shell Sh0ck has been killed,And i respawn back at the hospital with my dear friend bob.

The End.

Link to my mission found at my site in my sig. wink_o.gif

@The Frenchman - No Just a little something that i made something that i made in the mission editor. well if i find it again i will send it to you if you want?

@D.Murphy man Scary and Sad that bob died before you got there crazy_o.gif  sad_o.gif

I was *sniff* in a game with *sniff* Tigershark and I was tweeting and he told me to shut up so now I am traumatized *crys*.

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/blackdog/images/tigershark.jpg

Thats so sad! How dare he hurt a little birdie! I will have to notify the SFPOCTA about this!

(Society for prevention of cruelty to animals) For you less-informed ones. wink_o.gif

This was a funny moment in the history of Multiplayer.

We were playing the mission Return to Eden. When we finally got to the airport:

Some person:Who is the leader

The Frenchman: Not me

Other guy: leader press 0 0 1

Some other person: open your maps and use the radio

Other guy: who is the leader

The Frenchman: nope don't have it

Some person: Frencie press 0 0 1 !!!!

The Frenchman: I don't have it.

Later I check the radio, I became the leader when the leading squad was destroyed. I press 001

The Frenchman: Whoops

Everyone:Arrrrrggg! You had it all along

The Frenchman: No

Later.....

The Frenchman: am I the last one alive?

"no answer"

"I die from a T-72"

""AFTER GAME""

The Frenchman: Was I the last one

Some guy: yes

The Frenchman: D'OH!

tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

i was playin the resistance mission "scrap" today, one of my favorites. i went in the base alone, hijacked a tank, tehn started mowin down all the russians with the t72's gun i got into. i pretty much cleared the base, and noticed a better tank to hop into, a t80. i get out, and it starts movin! a few russian crewmen must have got to it while i was mowin down all the rpg soldiers. so im thinkin i gotta kill this t80 before it kills me. but i still wanted the tank. i just blasted the shit out of it with heat rounds instead until it was disabled! killed the crew, drove the repair truck over and fixed it, and got my T80!!!!

Got a few spare moments to play, and decided to crack back on with King Nothing's superb Operation Mercury Campaign.

The mission is to scout out the Enemy's activity down on the beach, so I set off m249 in hand, and AI buddy close to my side in Stealth mode.

Using my Binocs as instructed to point out targets, thinking I've almost completed the mission, I then get told to hang tight and co-ordinate the attack. So I call in the Artillery barrage, which is utterly useless, and only succeeds in giving some of the local crabs and starfish mild headaches, I call in the infantry squad and watch them get cut to pieces by the BMP's as I sit idly by wishing I could help in some way ...

I'd not thought ahead and grabbed any useful weaponry, so armed only with a rather loud Machine Gun I creep into the base, looking for an enemy AT soldier to shoot down so I can grab his weapon and blast the Tanks which were all sitting totally unscathed...

Needless to say, five or six attempts later I still hadnt managed it ( I couldnt be bothered reloading the mission and picking up better weapons ), and was getting ready to give up when ...

I was on top of the hill looking down on the beach again, watching the feeble efforts of the artillery squad ( poor crabs sad_o.gif ) as they aimlessly blasted everything but the enemy, but then, much to my pleasure and utter disbelief, one of the artillery shells landed right between a group of infantry and one of the bmps, and I watched as they were blasted asunder and gazed with wide-eyes as the AT soldier was blown a good 400 yards right in my direction, landing, RPG intact and fully loaded, right in front of my nose!

I couldtn't believe my luck, God obviously REALLY! wanted me to take out those tanks. wow_o.gif

Couldnt have done it without him. smile_o.gif

Anthoer Of My moments

In my BAS SP mission

I was in a Ranger Chalk surrounded by Somlia milita in a small hut my Chalk was low on ammo and where heavly wounded when i heard the distance rotor blades so i peered my head around the corner to see what they there only reliseing that it was little bird's and they strafed the Somlias with miniguns and rockets (fireing Both at same time with script) they contiuned to do this until the relief convoy of M113's,Hummers came zooming down the road to pick us up under heavy small arms fire but me and my chalk maganed to espace the hell that was Mogadishu crazy_o.gif .

Here's a dispairing one...

I was playing CTI against the AI... and had one RAN Fremente class attack ship heading through the river of central Nogova, to where the East base is (near the prison)...this was just before I had wasted almost all my arsenal trying to get to the base... all the defence posts had been destroyed... and I was flying around in my CoC A10 with torpedoes. So, it was up to my attack ship to kill the commander and the MHQ. Unfortunately there was some more enemy naval trouble attacking my ship... So I came round with my A10 and fired a few torpedoes at the enemy ship... and what do yeh know... they missed and went straight ahead... and they were going straight for my last assault ship (no, I hadn't locked on my own ship) and boom... assault goes fubar. Veerry upseting at the time.

But of course, I save up resources for another attack - it's just that that particular torpedo moment was amusing aswell as trajic. smile_o.gif

Anthoer Of My moments

In my BAS SP mission

I was in a Ranger Chalk surrounded by Somlia milita in a small hut my Chalk was low on ammo and where heavly wounded when i heard the distance rotor blades so i peered my head around the corner to see what they there only reliseing that it was little bird's and they strafed the Somlias with miniguns and rockets (fireing Both at same time with script) they contiuned to do this until the relief convoy of M113's,Hummers came zooming down the road to pick us up under heavy small arms fire but me and my chalk maganed to espace the hell that was Mogadishu crazy_o.gif .

Was it one of the demo missions? rock.gif