Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Help me please!

OK peeps, here's the problem: I have made a small, simple island in Visitor... I exported it to WRP, made a nice config, put it all into a PBO..... it start OFP with no probs, select the island, place myself as a soldier, press preview.... crash to desktop? Why? What did I do wrong? Check the settings.... here they are:

Basic Folder: C:\visitor\visitor2

Textures: C:\data

Nature objects: C:\data3d

Artificial objects: C:\data3

Forests and roads: C:\data3d

World files: C:\worlds

Buldozer: C:\buldozer.exe -dx -window

Basically my entire file system is based in in C:.

I can load my map into Visitor, and I can see it in Buldozer. Now I have been wondering: how in sod's name does Visitor know that my custom textures and models are saved in an addon? When I include them to the map, I always selected my addon folder and chose them from there and thought that would work. But it doesn't.

So then I tried changing the settings in Visitor to this:

Basic Folder: C:\visitor\visitor2

Textures: C:\ww3des\tex

Nature objects: C:\ww3des\mdl

Artificial objects: C:\ww3des\mdl

Forests and roads: C:\ww3des\mdl

World files: C:\ww3des

ww3des is my project folder btw. I tried this and it brought the same effect: crash to desktop. I there something I'm forgetting? Do have I tell Visitor that my files must be loaded from an addon?

PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP!

BUMP!

Hey, can't you guys help me or don't you want to? There are over 40 views of this topic and not a single reply! This may be relevant to more peeps than me, so please at least try and help me!

dude chill out, the prog has been out for less than a day and don't expect everyone suddenly to be experts in how it works and y it doesnt work on ur comp

Have you tried to put the Data and Data3d folder in the dir where you buldoze is at.Maybe even putting you custom map folder in the same directory as Buildoze.Let me know something.Heres an example:

C:\O2\o2_viewer\Data =Folder

C:\O2\o2_viewer\Data3d =Folder

C:\O2\o2_viewer\CustomMap =Folder.