Sign in to follow this  
HotShot

Czech words in Visitor2

Is their anyway someone could be kind enough *flutters eye lashes... in a non gay way* that a tool or another version of Visitor2 could be released which makes all the writing into English, cuase at the moment i have to keep referring to the tutorial, and i'm never going to learn all that Czech.  sad_o.gif

EDIT: Sorry. I just seen a topic on Visitor2 on Addon Discussions smile_o.gif I swear it wasn't their when i posted this thread though.

I moved the topic here (sorry, I didn't do it properly, I will never do it this way again, I promis...).

There are some words still in czech but majority is translated. No new release of the tool is planed for Operation Flashpoint so you should live with it.

Maybe some of the kind forum folk can help us with some of these words, we dont really need to learn a new language, just the meaning of a few words to make working easier. For starters what about the ones in the main list (the words below dont have all the ' things though), the filled in ones are from kegs tute.

krajina - textury = Terrain textures and surfaces

poirodni objekty = Natural objects, such as trees

lidske objekty = Artificial objects, such as houses

lesy    = Forests

siti      = Roads

pojmenovane oblasti = ?

klieove body = ?

pojmenovane objekty = ?

animace - snimky = ?

pojmenovane oblasti = named areas

klieove body = named points

pojmenovane objekty = named objects

animace - snimky = animations - frames (but this feature is really is very old and we never really used it... we did animations in completely different way)

It seems chance is czech language will become one of the world-wide languages soon. wink_o.gif That will be nice. No need oo learn english any more. tounge_o.gif

It seems chance is czech language will become one of the world-wide languages soon. wink_o.gif

I'll do an Finnish translated version of Visitor and we'll see what happens then biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Guys i guess this was a problem with wrp edit allready but is there any documentation over what the objecs in DATA and DATA3D folders are? because it seems to be impossible to find what im looking for...

Well at least what some of the Res objec names begin with

TIA!!!

smile_o.gif

Ofpec and CiaHome sites should have some pic catalogs for object reference.

Um, yo Marek, im woundering why ur team dosnt start on the English part, becuase thats messed up, at least the Lang part that is. But the point of haveing a Visitor2 Island Editor, is cool, but the not so cool part is, when part of the program is in Czech, sorry man, but u guys should have spent some more time on changing some of the words into english. Then we, the english speeking, english writing ppl, can understand what we are trying to read, not in another lang.

Im not sayin u wasted ur time on the program, but it should have been finished befor release! Take if from a person who knows when to release somthing! Sorry Marek, but people are waiting for the Visitor2 in full english, so they, and me, can understand it all. Please see my point, and make a plan on do this, not saying that there is no plans on fully changing it to English, because i know to do that, wouldnt take that long to do. For u guys, you could get it done in a day! Easly!

I say this because its one of ur guys screw ups, and all OFP Fans want to know why u didnt spend more time on releasing somthign that has been along waiting to be released, and was very expected to be in english, and we the ofp fans, where never told that it would be part Czech and part English, no one wants that, then it all gets cunfussing after hours of looking at, and then u start thinking, wtf where they thinking?

So, why dont u start working on it, and get the full english version out for us Yankees or Britts, so we can make better maps with Visitor2 English version! I dont want to see a word in Czech, just english. But any ways, thanks for the program! Hoping to see the English one out very soon! Love the game, but when it comes down to words that arnt in my dictionary of my brain, i start to get mad, and thats a real pisser offer! If you get my drift.

Quote[/b] ]

So, why dont u start working on it, and get the full english version out for us Yankees or Britts, so we can make better maps with Visitor2 English version! I dont want to see a word in Czech, just english. But any ways, thanks for the program! Hoping to see the English one out very soon! Love the game, but when it comes down to words that arnt in my dictionary of my brain, i start to get mad, and thats a real pisser offer! If you get my drift.

Be happy that you have the tool. If you don't wanna use it like it is, use wrpedit.

Quote[/b] ]

There are some words still in czech but majority is translated. No new release of the tool is planed for Operation Flashpoint so you should live with it.

So you see it brings nothing to cry about english language. BIS will not do any work on it in future. They look on OFP2 and not on tools for OFP/OFP:R. Also not on bugfixes for OFP/OFP:R.

Greets

[CiA]Lobanak

In the system options, a few more:

Update of visitor following cursor position changes (text dissappears from there):

nikdy (synchronizace polohy se neprovadi) = ?

poi poechodu na kurzor (dle posledniho stavu) = ?

prubizni (nedoporueeno pro naroenost) = ?

And in Object manger, under recalculate object elevation :

zachovat relativni posun objektu = ?

relativni posun vylky nastavit na 0 = ?

edit,

btw, heres some word of wisdom from one of the online translators:

Natural objects , store bread as trees humanity objective Artificial objects , store bread as gosling woods tounge_o.gif

I think we should be happy that they released the tool. Maybe it is in different languages, but there are ways of figuring out what it says or what it does.

We, as a english speaking community could do some good on learning some other languages and shouldn't always except other people to learn english or accomidate those who do. I wouldn't mind seeing it in english, but if there was no possible way to determine what everything is, then i can see a point in asking nicely for a full english version.

I'm hoping someone out there that does speak both languages could find the time to help some of us figure out all of the words biggrin_o.gif

I dont know what anyone expects to gain from an english version, there is only so much text in the whole program, not enough to have to learn how to "read" czech, and not like it will suddenly make islands a breeze to make (good ones, mediocre ones will be sure to start flowing anytime now).

Its part english anyway, some the czech words are already explained, and hopefully the rest will be over the next few weeks. The most czech ive seen it is in the configuration settings, which seem to be related to colors of objects, no big deal.

We dont even have to learn the czech words, just recognize the lines visually. It aint too hard to connect the visual pattern of  the letters "siti" to the word road, or at lest make the connection in the brain for long enough to click a tiny menu item.

Ive been making an island since the first few days of wrpedit release, like lots of people, so to me the language is of minor importance compared to the multi-pbo problem. The way it is atm i will not even be using visitor for my current island. Now thats something to complain about  tounge_o.gif

And in Object manger, under recalculate object elevation :

zachovat relativni posun objektu = ?

relativni posun vylky nastavit na 0 = ?

zachovat relativni posun objektu = save relativity translation objective

relativni posun vylky nastavit na 0 = relativity translation vylky splice within 0

Which to me would mean.... umm...  First Option - Save current height position.

Second Option, Reset to ground?   maybe?

I'm not in front of visitor to test this out at the moment, and unfortunately tanslation sites don't put the words into the proper context.

As for these three, only the first would actually translate, so here's my attempt.

Never update... (Untill Ctrl-F8)

Update at cursor position... (?Where you are in Buldozer?)

--- To try the last would be a shot in the dark, so I won't ---

If anyone can test these out and see if they work it would be great, it will be another 4 hrs or so before I ge the chance...

smile_o.gif

-Cos.

The Czech words don't really bother me.

Once you know what the button does, it doesn't really matter what language it's in.

You're all just being pedantic.

Theres a lot of optionwindows which would be nice to have a chance of understanding.

Could someone who speaks czech do some translations? This doesn't necesarily have to be BIS personel - anyone could do this. Like the community have made their own documentation for so much else, we could do for this tool too. I think ofpec would be happy to host this.

Quote[/b] ]

Be happy that you have the tool. If you don't wanna use it like it is, use wrpedit.

Quote[/b] ]

So you see it brings nothing to cry about english language. BIS will not do any work on it in future. They look on OFP2 and not on tools for OFP/OFP:R. Also not on bugfixes for OFP/OFP:R.

Greets

[CiA]Lobanak

I didnt critisize the work of BIS, i just said it would have been nice if it was all in English or Lang-support, but any ways, i like the fact of the Program to make Islands is from BIS, i will work with what they gave us, so lets leave it at that.

ShadowGhOsT, Coordinator for OperationX mod.

OperationX Mod

"quick & dirty" unofficial translation - sorry for any mistakes included...

VisEN_01.gif

VisEN_02.gif

VisEN_03.gif

VisEN_04.gif

VisEN_05.gif

VisEN_06.gif

VisEN_07.gif

VisEN_08.gif

VisEN_09.gif

VisEN_10.gif

VisEN_11.gif

VisEN_12.gif