Sign in to follow this  
FinaL

Radar

I would like to see a good working radar system implemented in OFP2. Preferably a radar system that could share it's data with other units in the game

You could make different types of radars for various sorts of Units.

I imagine AWACS planes functioning as forward air controls directing planes and troops towards their targets.

Jetfighters have a radar with a more limited range.

SAM systems should only have a limited radar, not being able to see very far or over hilltops.

Forward radar posts would become interesting tactical point of interest, worth fighting and dieing for.

It should be possible to link the data from the different radars to a central command, or to other units so tactical operations can be planned based on accurate and up to date information.

Some advanced radars will be able to identfy friends and foe's and the types of units, but there should also be simple radars that require a posetive identification first.

Any more suggestions or additions?

Please make em!

Best regards,

FinaL

The idea isn't that bad, or is it?

Some replies would be nice ;)

Modelling radar is quite difficult, only Janes have done it with much accuracy to my knowledge.

the FCR in Longbow 2 (Janes) was pretty good even if it was old tech (something of that depth is missing in helo sims recently i think)

@Jinefs signeture: I feel your pain sad_o.gif

I don't even think it has to be that realistic.

As long as there is some kind of radar interface it would make a world of difference.

Best regards,

Mennorin

I'd like to see a system of sharing sensor information (from radar, eyeballs, and anything else) implemented, with units optionally being part of one or more sensor networks on the battlefield.

This would allow for AWACS, JSTARS and other similar platforms to pass target information data to members of its network.

At the same time, it would allow for usable forward observer and reconaissance teams to send target info to indirect fire units, operations headquarters, etc.

I envision designating units members of one or more sensor nets, so they have the target data passed to them as other members of the net acquire it.