Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

Ultimate c-130 released by hawk

Small questions:

Will the Portuguese one be included in final version?

Is Hawk also Portuguese?

How many more Portuguese dudes play this game?

...ainda bem que nao sou o unico, surpresa bacana quando vi o hercules, bom trabalho pessoal smile_o.gif .

Small questions:

Will the Portuguese one be included in final version?

Is Hawk also Portuguese?

...ainda bem que nao sou o unico, surpresa bacana quando vi o hercules, bom trabalho pessoal smile_o.gif .

Hawk is from Poland.

Hawk is polish i think,

bigpoppa i suggested the same thing, maybe more chance of getting it implemented? ;)

Me tounge_o.gif

About the C-130....its looking better and better wow_o.gif I love those new flares wink_o.gif

Since the C-130 is used by so many countries, it would be good if the updated version had no National Insignia... Then we could use it for anybody! Or that thing where you can select your own, like the armbands on the KMARNS International soldier?

wink_o.gif

Is the pachute script been fixed yet? Apart from that its great! biggrin_o.gif

Neither HAwk or me are Portuguese.

HAwk is Polish and I am Spanish.

We are using Portuguese scheme because it was a setup of cammo very detailled from FS plane. So we used that scheme as reference.

I see no problem to use Portuguese markings as well I have no troubles flying American A-10 or Russian M1-17.

On the game I doubt anybody really cares about the national insignia on most planes.

OFP most of the time makes a confrontation NATO vs Warsaw Pact countries back on the 80's.

Portugal is a NATO country so I really see no rason to discard that scheme.

I have seen nobody complaining about add ons with US or British or German Markings (neither I will complian for that because I think that is just fine) so I see no reason we cannot keep that Portuguese scheme.

This cammo colours were very ususal on early Hercules models and back on the 80's many countries used that cammo colours.

tounge_o.gif  Besides I think only 3% of OFP comunity would have known that it was a Portuguese Scheme if we have not told on our post.  tounge_o.gif

So do not worry about that, enjoy the textures and the add on.

biggrin_o.gif

Actually it does bother alot of us. The reason most people don't make a big deal about American or Russian markings on aircraft is because the game is based upon a conflict between American and Russian forces. But you still often hear people that are very upset that some aircraft addons (like the F16) have not been made with the markings of more countries.

Also while I thought that your cammo textures were fine on the C130 (same or similar to Vietnam-era cammoflage on USAF C130's) I did notice the flag on it that definitely wasn't American and even though it's very small it does bother me.

For example the Falkland Mod team released that RAF Harrier addon. It's fantastic but I would never use it to simulate a USMC Harrier jet. The British markings on it are just much to noticable. At any rate, I like the grey USAF textures and markings on the pics of the newest C130's and I do hope that you still keep the original cammo patterns as well but if you can take off the flags on the side so at least it can look as if it might belong to any country.

The best thing however, as others suggested would be to make those areas where the national markings go as user designated textures. That way everyone would be happy and mod makers wouldn't have to retexture the whole thing in order to make a version for their mods (that may or may not conflict with the original C130).

It really would be doing the OFP community a BIG favor if you guys could try to implement textures like that for national markings on the plane. But I'll be ok with whatever you guys are able to do as I know you and Hawk have already put a huge amount of time into this beautiful aircraft. I'm more concerned with the handling more then anything really. As long as the handling is good and the AI pilot flies, takes off, and lands it easily, then I'll be one very happy paratrooper!!!

smile_o.gif

Keep up the awesome work!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Me tounge_o.gif

About the C-130....its looking better and better  wow_o.gif  I love those new flares  wink_o.gif

Aha, im sure that just like me you find the original green cammo herc. a very beautyfull plane tounge_o.gif .

Cant wait till final version is released...

Quote[/b] ]The best thing however, as others suggested would be to make those areas where the national markings go as user designated textures.

Indeed, the best way to make everyone happy.

Little tip Hawk and Furia : Better get cracking on a great job cos you got competition comin round the corner smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

(Axel's C-130 which is looking mighty fine so far )

But...Axel's C-130's don't have a group jump script, which to me (and I'm sure many others) is a big deal, for paradropping groups of infantry into an area.

But...Axel's C-130's don't have a group jump script, which to me (and I'm sure many others) is a big deal, for paradropping groups of infantry into an area.

It's not released yet, so how would you know?

And his name is AXE. Get it right =/

a small suggestion also, make sure the cargo ain't sitting up front with the crew as was possible with the last beta...maybe have a crew of two so all the people being transported sit in the cargo bay