Sign in to follow this  
ExtracTioN

Ultimate c-130 released by hawk

Is it me or does the Group Bail script get screwed up in MP?

It always does

I was messing around with the AI problem earlier. I was able to correct the -20 meters problem but the AI still just does donuts on the runway. Will look at it more later. The -20 display was because of some named selections floating way to low in the memory LOD. I believe they were the named selections for a cannon or MG.

Cool! I hope you can figure out what is causing that problem. Then the addon would be perfect... well at least if you're able to release a fixed version or give it to Hawk to release (if he'll accept it).

Shashman and Furia, any word on what Hawk thinks of all this? Will he allow someone to release a fixed version if he and the others who worked on this addon are given proper credit?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

You could always release two versions, one for ease of flying, the other super realistic for those aviation buffs who like that sort of sadism.

I seem to have problems re-fueling

The action comes up but when i try to select it nothing happens.

Somone else had this prob as well ,does everybody?

yes,

i just tested it today with the f/a 18.

nothing really happend, both my me as herc pilot and ai as c130...

only thing that pops up in the action menu is an entry saying "initiate refuel"

anyways

great model and addon over all smile_o.gif

maybe just improve the turning radius a little bit (yeah, i know... sry to mention it too). it really doesnt fit that well into the ofp environment.

Hey smile_o.gif Could I just ask if there is definately going to be an update to this at all to sort out the handling? Cos I'd love to make an RAF skin for it, but its pretty pointless if there isnt going to be any updates at all.

Thanks smile_o.gif

Crippler

Hey smile_o.gif Could I just ask if there is definately going to be an update to this at all to sort out the handling? Cos I'd love to make an RAF skin for it, but its pretty pointless if there isnt going to be any updates at all.

Thanks smile_o.gif

Crippler

I don't mean any disrespect or anything when I say this, but please make sure you do a good job because this is the aircraft addon with the best details and textures IMO.Would you be able to make it look as good as it is now,only with RAF camo? I sincerely hope so as I'd love to have an RAF version of this beauty smile_o.gif. What I mean when I say "do a good job" is ,well, just look at the RAF retexture of Adammo's Herc and how that turned out sad_o.gif

Good luck anyway m8 smile_o.gif

Thanks smile_o.gif

Crippler

I don't mean any disrespect or anything when I say this, but please make sure you do a good job because this is the aircraft addon with the best details and textures IMO.Would you be able to make it look as good as it is now,only with RAF camo? I sincerely hope so as I'd love to have an RAF version of this beauty smile_o.gif. What I mean when I say "do a good job" is ,well, just look at the RAF retexture of Adammo's Herc and how that turned out  sad_o.gif

Good luck anyway m8  smile_o.gif

Again, Shashman, since this C130 is supposed to be an addon for your MOD, could you please tell us whether or not Hawk is going to upgrade the handling of this addon or not? Anyone?

Hudson posted what the fixes are (at least for flight characteristics). All that is needed now is just a fix for the take-off problem and it'll be perfect.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

a other bug? well if you launch a flare you will see just a white cube and it dont look normal but i hope that will get fixed to. ( told yuo again :P )

Thanks smile_o.gif

Crippler

I don't mean any disrespect or anything when I say this, but please make sure you do a good job because this is the aircraft addon with the best details and textures IMO.Would you be able to make it look as good as it is now,only with RAF camo? I sincerely hope so as I'd love to have an RAF version of this beauty smile_o.gif. What I mean when I say "do a good job" is ,well, just look at the RAF retexture of Adammo's Herc and how that turned out  sad_o.gif

Again, Shashman, since this C130 is supposed to be an addon for your MOD, could you please tell us whether or not Hawk is going to upgrade the handling of this addon or not?   Anyone?

Hudson posted what the fixes are (at least for flight characteristics).  All that is needed now is just a fix for the take-off problem and it'll be perfect.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

its not for a MOD, if anything, it was for our Squad

Im told that Furia is talking with him about it (and i hope it is fixed, as its changed alot since the handeling-beta where the handeling was perfect...the AI could fly it and very well too)

Thanks smile_o.gif

Crippler

Again, Shashman, since this C130 is supposed to be an addon for your MOD, could you please tell us whether or not Hawk is going to upgrade the handling of this addon or not?   Anyone?

Hudson posted what the fixes are (at least for flight characteristics).  All that is needed now is just a fix for the take-off problem and it'll be perfect.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok let me clear a few misunderstandings up...This aircraft was originally an idea of the Commander of our squad, Seawolves Armed Forces to provide us with a much more capable and overall, better tactical transport aircraft than Adammo's C-130 which we found to be inadequate due to its poor handling characteristics and low detail.

What was required was a new,realistic and much more capable addon and Furia approached Hawk to see if this could be done.We are very greatful to Hawk and Furia for this initiative and the resul is probably the finest aircraft addon out there.

To be honest with you, it came as a surprise to us (SWAF) that the addon was released when it was, and is deemed incomplete by Furia and us SWAF members who are going to use it.

I personally don't know whether it was leaked or released intentionally but as can be judged from the feedback received so far, it seems the addon was released prematurely  sad_o.gif  This is under investigation by our commander at the present time.

I shall contact Furia and ask him if he could contact Hawk (I am sure he is already doing this) and give you more details.

Until then, please don't start jumping to conclusions (not aimed at anyone personally) and please have patience and faith in Hawk and Furia who are people who know what they are doing and will do their best to make sure this fine aircraft is given the treatment it deservedly requires  smile_o.gif .

Kewl. Thanks for the update Shashman!

Much appreciated!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I dont know what everyone's problem with refueling is, with my friend Too Tall we tried in an online game and it worked fine

c130refuel.jpg

I cant get it to work...

It seems everytime I place the PBo file i get some sort of error and the game crashes. Would someone please tell me where all the files go? I'm more likely placing things wrong.

Question:In ofp isn't turning radius and take off length linked to the weight of the plane?

If so why not reduce the weight of the plane to make it fly better?

Kinda-sorta.... but it's alot more complex then that. Read back a few pages and Hudson gave an answer on how to fix it (which he's done but doesn't have permission to release the fixed version). Also even though he fixed the flight handling, the AI still don't take off, which is something him and others are seeing if they can fix.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Two things:

1. The AI has no problems taking off on my machine rock.gif

2. What is the process for refueling as when I order a plane to refuel they just go "ready".

wat airport is the c-130 taken off from?? i have tried em all but the same thing happens... it goes in cirlces!