Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Sjb animated nvgs

http://sjb.ofprc.net/SJB_NVG/ showcases the secret project SJB has been working on for about a month now. The public BETA is ready for download, and last time I checked the AAE (Addons At Ease) thread, this addon was AAE compliant. As such, it comes in the form of a Windows *.MSI installer with a single player mission.

Check out the site, and download it.

Feedback is requested ;)

WOAW!!! BAS do this and give us the kool MOST MODERN night vision goggles on rangers!!.. all in all great job jackal.

Very nice, i love it biggrin_o.gif Too bad there is no way around the "warping" though.... that really gets to me sometimes.

Wow!  This is excellent!  Finally another barrier broken! I really hope that you allow BAS to use this NVG system on their next update to the Delta/Ranger addon.  However I'd love even more to see a current issue AN/PVS-7 night vision monocle.  I believe this is the same (or very similar) model my old unit used to clip on to our helmets during night time driving, recon, and LP/OP training.  Here's a pic below of the PVS-7's.  

12PVS_7_ABC_NBG.jpg

Oh... also I noticed some major texture bugs on this addon.  At 25 meters, the heads of the soldiers turn into big white blocks.  Also sometimes just the goggles by themselves turn white and around the waist area sometimes it looks like they're wearing a white belt at about 10 meters distance.  Finally there is a transparent area between the neck and shoulders where you can see right throught he soldier.  But other then that these units are very good.  They make for great CIA paramilitary operatives or whatever covert force you want for almost any country... speaking of which I think I may stick FAMAS rifles on them and make them French Foreign Legion special ops for a FFL mission I'm working on. smile_o.gif

Once the texture/model bugs are fixed on this addon I think it'll be perfect!  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

By the way. Does anyone know what the script is to raise and lower the SJB NVG's??? I'd like to make a mission where the soldiers start off with the NVG's down.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sorry, I meant to include such information in the readme.txt

Anyway, if you place the following code in your unit's INIT line, the goggles should be down when the mission starts.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this animate ["CovertNVG", 1]

In contrast, if you use <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this animate ["CovertNVG", 0] after that in the mission (in a trigger for example, substituting "this" with the unit's name) then it will raise the goggles again.

Installation is very stupid.

My Flashpoin is a big Mod and so i can´t install this addon.

Hey, don't blame me, take it up with BIS who designed the AAE interface etc. Perhaps I will upload a .zip version tomrrow with just the readme.txt the .PBO and the mission file in it, so people like yourself with many mod folders can download.

Change the place where it installs, and just manually place the addon.

Yup that's what I did. It's not that hard to do. I also prefer just a ZIP or RAR file, but it's just takes an extra minute or two to copy and paste the .pbo file into all my different mod folders that might require this addon.

By the way Jackal thanks for the script! Much appreciated.

Chris G.

Sorry, I meant to include such information in the readme.txt

Anyway, if you place the following code in your unit's INIT line, the goggles should be down when the mission starts.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this animate [""CovertNVG"", 1]

In contrast, if you use <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this animate [""CovertNVG"", 0] after that in the mission (in a trigger for example, substituting "this" with the unit's name) then it will raise the goggles again.

Small correction in your script... it should be:

this animate ["CovertNVG", 1]

or

this animate ["CovertNVG", 0]

The difference is that there are only a single set of quotation marks.  With double quotation marks it gave me an error.

Anyhoo... no biggie. I just wanted to clarify that before anyone else tried it out.

I hope that you get the texture bugs worked out soon because so far it's really looking nice. Also, I would highly recommend that you put a headset mic on them since they are Special Ops soldiers. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just an earpiece on one side and mic attached to the earpiece.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I apologise again, I took that from the Config.cpp (which I converted to a Config.bin for the release), which requires the double set of "s to recognise the command. Edited in my previous post.

No, that is not the problem. All files and folders in my flashpoint directory are modified. The installer gives me only a error message "the setup wizard found problems with your operation flashpoint instalation".

But i found a solution:

You can open the "SJB Covert Operative (PUBLIC BETA) OFP Addon.msi" with WinRAR and extract the files manually.

I would also like a zip/Rar file because I can't use MSI files.

STGN

Due to the high demand for a .ZIP file format, one will be uploaded sometime tomorrow (Thursday) containing an updated version (v1.1) fixing the texture bugs, as well as the "hole" visible in the model in several of the LODs.

An updated version of the .MSI will also be uploaded.

Kewl!  That sounds great!  

Thanks so much for your hard work!  I really love this addon!  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

this mite be a question but how do u add this to other SJB or BAS Ranger guys? and btw, jackal i liked your Special Ops guys.. i just wished they had helmets and chinstraps instead of boonie hats.. any updates in the near future?

this mite be a question but how do u add this to other SJB or BAS Ranger guys? and btw, jackal i liked your Special Ops guys.. i just wished they had helmets and chinstraps instead of boonie hats.. any updates in the near future?

At present, it can only be used by the one unit that is added to the editor. I am still working on ways to have it so other units can use it.

On another note, yes, an update for my SRT Pack is planned, but no date is set as other projects keep distracting me :P

At present, it can only be used by the one unit that is added to the editor. I am still working on ways to have it so other units can use it.

On another note, yes, an update for my SRT Pack is planned, but no date is set as other projects keep distracting me :P

great!

We've had this implemented for a while...animated NV goggles on the SOAR pilots. Just haven't been able turn on/off the game nv mode.

Well are we going to see a final with bug fixes wink_o.gif and i like the addon very very much keep it up biggrin_o.gif ( /me another limit is broken :P )