Sign in to follow this  
CopyCon

Wires in the air

It's not the most important thing, but I'll really want to see the wires between the poles, as for now they are invicible.

And make it so helicopters can get caught in them. That would be good. At the moment i just fly low and fast cause you can spot the trees easily, but Wires its alittle more difficult to spot and so would force the pilot to be more alert.

Or maybe helicopters would only get caught on a higher difficulty setting or such.

I think i saw some wires in some of the VBS screenshots, so they might do it in ofp2 also.

The AI would probably crash into them all the time, and modelling the wires and their own kind of "ragdoll" physics effect could take a lot of CPU power...

The AI would probably crash into them all the time, and modelling the wires and their own kind of "ragdoll" physics effect could take a lot of CPU power...

They dont need to be ragdoll, all u need are 2d lines, Pilots would get the idea not to fly into them, and if they do they would crash.

Default height for helos is 40, isn't it?

21 seems to be a safe height to keep from running into trees.

They dont need to be ragdoll, all u need are 2d lines, Pilots would get the idea not to fly into them, and if they do they would crash.

And what happens to the lines when a helicopter crashes into them!? That´s what I´m talking about.

And what happens to the lines when a helicopter crashes into them!? That´s what I´m talking about.

could be done by defining them the same as the poles so the helicopter flys over them wink_o.gif

Mabye make it some sort of fence system... that wires will be sonnected to the closest pole..

And same with fences.. that you just needed to place the poles, and the fence itself stretched between the poles...

Mabye make it some sort of fence system... that wires will be sonnected to the closest pole..

And same with fences.. that you just needed to place the poles, and the fence itself stretched between the poles...

You're reading my mind smile_o.gif

if a helo (or anything for that matter) hits them i suppose it could pull the adjecent poles down (flatten them like a fence) though whether the cables could snap i dont know...who knows what BIS will be able to do for OFP2... but id really like the cables stretched between the poles...would be good to make low level flying more interesting smile_o.gif