Sign in to follow this  
waffendennis

Aav7

Well finaly a ride for our marines to brind them home is come ing out this week tounge_o.gif check it out it looks great.

Tow news:

- News | Monday, 10th June, 2003

Here are the AAV7 pictures of our latest beta. If everything goes well the AAV7 should be released this week. Our version carries 12 marines, a driver, a gunner and a commander. The real AAV7 carries 21 marines, but they don't really seem to fit in the back ( thanks to the sitting animation... and marines with their legs in someone else his legs looks weird ;-) ). Anyway, take a look at these screenshots. I hope you like it.

Pictures:

Well those pictures looks a little bit dark to me but that is no problem smile_o.gif right wink_o.gif

Funkadelic!

*me plays "The Gap Band - Early In The Morning" in winamp*

tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Great news! I've been waiting for a long time to see this ugly hog done! Finally a proper vehicle for amphibious operations!

Still on backpacks hanging on the sides wink_o.gif

Is there a desert version in the works?

Lookin' good, but does the real thing have a MK19GL?  rock.gif

from fas.org:

Quote[/b] ]Armament and Ammunition

HBM2 Caliber.50 Machine Gun and

MK 19 MOD3 40 MM Machine Gun

I dont think we would have put the Mk19 on if it wasnt there irl.. and as for the backpacks, well.. we'll see wink_o.gif

Still on backpacks hanging on the sides   wink_o.gif

Is there a desert version in the works?

Hey!

We are making a Desert AAVP version (actually it's finished) but I cant get any pics for now. Wehn Ill get back home ill post the latest sshots (without the LAV25 bags, they aren't added yet). We also got a new custom interior:

Older pics:

Driver view

http://www.roughnecks.org/opgwc/screens/aavp_fin2.jpg

cargo (Very old picture its changed for now

http://www.roughnecks.org/opgwc/screens/aavp_in_1.jpg

ExtErior modEl:

http://www.roughnecks.org/opgwc/screens/aavp_8.jpg

http://www.roughnecks.org/opgwc/screens/aavp_7.jpg

http://www.roughnecks.org/opgwc/screens/aavp_9.jpg

Thanks!

Quote[/b] ]The real AAV7 carries 21 marines, but they don't really seem to fit in the back ( thanks to the sitting animation... and marines with their legs in someone else his legs looks weird

Well, you could make a new sitting animation/cargo proxy.

No offence quakergamer but his is looking way better.

Yours is looking a bit plain (maybe the textures?)

No rushing but when is it out!?

Btw will there be custom animations?

The real thing does have a mk19, it was introduced in a turret upgrade called UGWS which stands for UpGunned Weapons System. Is it just me or does it look shorter then it should be? Built a plastic model of this beauty few weeks back and it looks distinctly longer (or lower could be either) The model is from Tamiya and their not the sort of people to make mistakes. Just curious, it might just be the angle you guys took the screens at. Besides that it looks great, are you planning on releasing one with the older style turret? Not all marine aav7's have recieved the UGWS upgrade i believe.

Quote[/b] ]The real AAV7 carries 21 marines, but they don't really seem to fit in the back ( thanks to the sitting animation... and marines with their legs in someone else his legs looks weird

Well, you could make a new sitting animation/cargo proxy.

Agree.

But altough I don´t know much about animations, all the ones I´ve seen so far are static (immobile). Is it possible to do moving custom animations? It would look a bit wierd if everyone in the cargo space aren´t even breathing tounge_o.gif

The OPGWC one is very nice In-game, it handles very nicely and the textures r nice up close. The MK19 grenade launcher works like a charm

Looking great TOW team! Will we see the MG version aswell as the MK19 version? Anyhoo huggies to you, it looks very nice smile_o.gif

Well finaly a ride for our marines to brind them home is come ing out this week  tounge_o.gif  check it out it looks great.

Tow news:

- News | Monday, 10th June, 2003

Here are the AAV7 pictures of our latest beta. If everything goes well the AAV7  should be released this week. Our version carries 12 marines, a driver, a gunner and a commander. The real AAV7 carries 21 marines, but they don't really seem to fit in the back ( thanks to the sitting animation... and marines with their legs in someone else his legs looks weird ;-) ). Anyway, take a look at these screenshots. I hope you like it.

Pictures:

Well those pictures looks a little bit dark to me but that is no problem smile_o.gif right  wink_o.gif

the pictures are not dark the skins on the vehicle are dark wink_o.gif

the pictures are not dark the skins on the vehicle are dark  wink_o.gif

You should take their advice. All BAS addons are absolutely perfect, just ask them! biggrin_o.gif

any one else having trouble getting the screenshots and OFP.INFO to load? anyone got the screenshots hosted elsewhere?