Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Ati radeon ofp startup problems

Yes,no more chrash,no more freezes and IT'S Not the SB live! 5.1!!!  smile_o.gif

Now it's 13mb,it's 3rd party. I it's not designed for benchmarks but for games...

It's the OMEGA DRIVE!

OMEGA Site

Cat3.4:

XP/2K version

9X/ME version

little details:

THESE DRIVERS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL ATI RADEON CARDS:

(IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY ARE DDR, SDR, PCI, AGP, RETAIL OR 3RD PARTY)

-Based on the official Catalyst 3.4 ATI drivers. (9x/ME/2k/XP)

-Added support for the following chipsets:

( 9x/ME/2k/XP)

Radeon 9200

Radeon 9200 Pro

Radeon 9800

Radeon 9800 Pro

-Removed names for specific cards (Tyan, Gigabyte, etc.), now they all have a common name (9700, 9500, etc.) (9x/ME/2k/XP)

-Removed support for Mobility cards in the 2k/XP drivers, those of you that need support for mobility cards please use Patjes Mobility Modder utility to add support.

-Updated all included utilities to most recent versions. (2k/XP)

-Added an Overclocking utility for all cards, can be found in the ATI Control Panel, its a new tab. (2k/XP)

-Added the Advanced SmartGart options, can be found in the folder created by my drivers in the Start Menu. (9x/ME/2k/XP)

-The 9500->9700 and 9700->9800 hack is included and can be selected during the installation process, but now is better explained, easier for newbies. (9x/ME/2k/XP)

-The installer has been updated with more accurate information on all the areas, including the readme and options description. (9x/ME/2k/XP)

smile_o.gif

I have the Omega 3.4 drivers and use them on my Ati Radeon 9700 Pro. They are quite good, but I can`t use ALT+TAB any more, because after that I get display problems. Bright green sky, no fonts any more and so on.

I guess I`ll have to wait for the next driver release to be able to ALT+TAB again.

Why did you stop using the Omega drivers after they solved your earlier problems May 18th?

Why did you stop using the Omega drivers after they solved your earlier problems May 18th?

Me? When,Where,What? smile_o.gif

Do i understand the meaning of the topic?

Are Omega drivers better than catalyst on purpose of playing OFP ?

I downloaded catalyst 3.4 but they led to a corrupted display with OFP resistance (green screen or desert landscape without any object, unplayable game, crashdown, etc...) so i dropped back to 3.2

Should i download the omega 3.4 instead ?

Do i understand the meaning of the topic?

Are Omega drivers better than catalyst on purpose of playing OFP ?

I downloaded catalyst 3.4 but they led to a corrupted display with OFP resistance (green screen or desert landscape without any object, unplayable game, crashdown, etc...) so i dropped back to 3.2

Should i download the omega 3.4 instead ?

Dude,ALL of my problems are gone. I will stick with these drivers forever. I don't know if they work at everybody. But You should give it a try! smile_o.gif

LOL you kerrazy Dutch man biggrin_o.gif

I get a Radeon 9500 this week and I won't even bother with the cats, omegas will go straight on smile_o.gif

Does everyone have the problem w/ ALT-TAB that FallenPaladin mentioned? If so, I'm not gonna touch them(the drivers).

No problems here with alt+tab and my Radeon 7500 smile_o.gif

ALT-Tab does only not work when your desktop res and ofp resolution is the same. >smile_o.gif

Now I got a different prob,when I launch it says: that my video card ran out of virtual_Memory?

ALT-Tab does only not work when your desktop res and ofp resolution is the same. >smile_o.gif

I use XP and to solve the ALT+Tab problem of same resolution and desktop I alt+tab then I press Windows key and L, this takes you to a "your computer is locked" screen, click ok and bingo you're back at the desktop with no harm done smile_o.gif

I use XP and to solve the ALT+Tab problem of same resolution and desktop I alt+tab then I press Windows key and L, this takes you to a "your computer is locked" screen, click ok and bingo you're back at the desktop with no harm done smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif Or a different refresh rate smile_o.gif

LOL you kerrazy Dutch man  biggrin_o.gif

I get a Radeon 9500 this week and I won't even bother with the cats, omegas will go straight on smile_o.gif

How do U know I'm dutch? smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif  Or a different refresh rate  smile_o.gif

True but I find it much simpler to do the win+L thing than to use a refresh rate for either that I don't want to use smile_o.gif

Much too simple, I looked up his IP address biggrin_o.gif

this is great i had probs with cat so i put the old drivers back on but i use these drivers and they kick a$$ thanks smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I could never see/feel/benchmark the difference between the earlier 3.x Omega drivers so I just used normal Cats for my latest format

Now I got a different prob,when I launch it says: that my video card ran out of virtual_Memory?

Looks like i got the same problem after i installed Radeon 9800 Pro today. Tryed the latest catalyst drivers and the omega ones too, but keeps giving the same error.

Have you managed to solve this one yet? smile_o.gif

Here's a pic of the error.

flashpoint_error1.jpg

LOL you kerrazy Dutch man  biggrin_o.gif

How do U know I'm dutch?  smile_o.gif

*sniff* *sniff* ... tounge_o.giftounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Searching finds two similar threads but neither had a solution, I'm searching the two main Radeon boards right now smile_o.gif

Edit: Hmm nearest thing to a solution seems to be to go back to an earlier driver set, which isn't much of a solution, other people can use the same OS and drivers and card with no problems, very weird.

Searching finds two similar threads but neither had a solution, I'm searching the two main Radeon boards right now smile_o.gif

Edit: Hmm nearest thing to a solution seems to be to go back to an earlier driver set, which isn't much of a solution, other people can use the same OS and drivers and card with no problems, very weird.

Aaahh...hhhmmm... weird indeed, since other games i tryed with these drivers worked just fine for me.

Need to try earlier driver set later on then. Just which one? smile_o.gif

Try looking in these two threads the search engine finds here smile_o.gif