Sign in to follow this  
nyles

Audigy2, ofp and 5.1 surround

Is there a known bug with Audigy2 and OFP that causes the central speaker to not receive any signal? I have just upgraded from my SBlive to an A2 and all of a sudden, I have to play with 4 speaker settings so that no sound is lost. I ran the diagnostic software and tested other games and the 5.1 surround works perfectly there, just not in OFP. Did I miss something?

rock.gif

I have Audigy 1 and i havent came across a game that would support 5 speakers (only DVD playback does). Maybe some exist but i havent seen it.

Well, I had no problems with my SBlive, 5.1 and OFP, if I recall correctly, so OFP has to support it.

I have a similar problem, but it isnt confined to OFP, though i have 6.1 speakers, it acts like 5.1 and the front right doesnt appear to work though its not a faulty speaker as ive tried with the other speakers...what OS? XP?

Had the same problem, had to deactivate hardware acceleration, changed for Nforce2 native APU.

Hmm, I have a 5.1 DE and the central speaker works great... there is also a crossover frequency adjustment to central speaker in the surround mixer. (newer driver) This must be Audigy driver specific then.

So anyway, make sure to select 5.1 speakers from the Mixer, and disable all EAX effects (environments, Advanced EQ, Special Effects, custom) in the mixer as well. (this will not disable EAX in game)