Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Which would you rather have...

One idea for a slick pilot mission would be you're the pilot of a chase ship, following the insertion of a LRRP squad, when the insertion ship gets shot down on final to the LZ, you got to put your balls on the line and get in and rescue the crew and LRRP team on the LZ.

Or an extraction mission, in the late evening during the rainy season of a LRRP team from a hill top LZ, with very low visibility and heavy ground fire.

-=Die Alive=-

That sounds like a good idea, but it'd be a pretty short mission. Still fun though biggrin_o.gif

Has anybody tried the mission yet?

This sounds like a really cool idea biggrin_o.gif

However when i try the demo I get this error message and OFP quits. No entry 'config.bin/CfgWorlds.slickpilot'

Hmmm... that's wierd.

OH! I know what I did. *duh*

I changed the filename so it wouldnt say "dayinthelife.seb_iatrang" when you select it on the mission menu.

the corrected version has been uploaded, same link

if you dont want to redownload it, just rename the .pbo file

"Day In The Life... Slick Pilot.seb_iatrang.pbo"

downloaded it, but I'll try it tomorrow, off to bed for now! BUt it sure sounds like quality missions. More later.

Got it to work now smile_o.gif Nice mission and intro. The start at base was really clever. This will be an awesome campaign!

Things to fix:

Refuel Objective didnt tick

Make the objectives more clear

Whats the radio things for, never got to use it.

When it says to pick up someone from FB Falcony theres noone there.

Keep up the good work, I loved the mission biggrin_o.gif

With that many bugs how did you love it so much? I didn't experience any of those bugs in the mission when I tested it.

Can you tell me what you did in the mission step-by-step?

They wans't serious and I liked the mission.

At the refuel objective I drive the truck to the slick, before I refuel I order the gunner in. Then I refuel, objective not ticked.

I guess the objectives was clear after all just me being stupid crazy_o.gif

After Dropping off the officers at Plei Me you get a move waypoint, then it says on the radio that I should pick someone up at firebase falcon and since its a place on map called FB Falcon I move there but there is noone to pick up.

I move where it says, and then get a get out waypoint at Plei Me and mission ends (after what i remember i crashed in a tree just after I got the get out waypoint wink_o.gif )

I looked on the mission in the Mission Editor

Some suggestions:

Make those triggers with important info bigger if they're not supposed to be that small. Remember not everyone lands on the heli pads!

Since I'm a perfectionist, I saw a couple of double spaces and one spelling error, check over those text's.

The reason why the refuel truck doesn't get checked is because I drive the truck to the heli, make the trigger look like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">fuel heli > 0.9

Oh and heres some pics!

fsscr007.jpg

fsscr008.jpg

I know they're not the best looking, but I just wanted to post em biggrin_o.gif

Oh and I just felt nice so I fixed the spelling and double spaces and made the two white markers hidden for you (I suppose they aren't meant to be seen.) And I fixed the refuel thing. You might wanna change what the mechanic guy says now. And I suppose you can make the marker follow the player to make the loadiing of ammo look even better (didn't fix that). I'll PM you the link! Hope you find this useful!

Thanks eisa01, a truly helpful beta tester. Not only reports the problem but fixes it as well! biggrin_o.gif

The mission should go down like this:

go to armory

get weather brief

get in helicopter

refuel

go to FB falcon (drop off at LZ albany)

go to northern airbase (drop off at plei me)

go to and unload at hill (after loading at plei me)

return to base

The radio functions activate the scripts that have two people load your chopper, then 4 people unload your chopper when you arrive on the hill. once the 4 people unload your chopper on the hill they'll go man some mortars and defend the base. I would of just used the addmagazine command to give the already manned mortars ammo, but it didn't want to work no matter how i put it (i've always had trouble with that command).

plus I've got no clue how to get the marker to follow the player so I had to just put them on the helipad. it works but it makes for a bad looking loading scene if you dont land on the exact center. crazy_o.gif

thanks for pointing the bugs out for me, I'll fix them in the next release. biggrin_o.gif

well im not sure if i installed it wrong. But first it said no intro. During this i was in the view of a foot solider and couldnt move. Then i presesd ESC and the mission started. If there was supposed to be a breifing , i couldnt see it. Then the mission suddendly ended en route to pick up the ammo.

Did you use my copy or eisa01's?

I've got no clue why that would happen, the intro and all the triggers worked fine for me.

He can't have had mine cause i pmed u the link. Maybe you got the old version elias I dunno, the fixed one worked fine for me.

Oh yeah that's right. sgt.elias31 I've got no idea what happened to your mission. You're using 1.91 right?

ive got same prob no intro and it says scripts dont work

Problem solved, same link as before for download.

Download here.

The problem was when I renamed the file to make it look better on the SP mission selection screen. Apparently it created a new folder for the mission.sqm file, but not any of the .sqs (script) files or .ogg (music) files. I just copy/pasted the necessary files into the new folder then .pboed it for download. Should work good now. biggrin_o.gif

Had the same proplem at first; no intro and briefing, and a sudden end while flying. Should work now though, thanks.

my mission ended after unloading ammo good mission overall need to give that door gunner some work though maybe a semi hot lz i didnt see any bad guys keep these missions coming great work

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

my mission ended after unloading ammo  good mission overall need to give that door gunner some work though maybe a semi hot lz  i didnt see any bad guys  keep these missions coming great work

smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Yeah I'm having a hard time with the triggers. I made the end trigger on the condition that you unloaded the ammo. I want it to go off when you activate the trigger and have given the ammo, but apparently it just goes off when you give the ammo. crazy_o.gif

The LZ when you drop off the ammo is supposed to be hot. Did you get a radio message saying to not approach from the west? It's also supposed to have about 12 NVA attacking the outpost.

my mission ended after unloading ammo  good mission overall need to give that door gunner some work though maybe a semi hot lz  i didnt see any bad guys  keep these missions coming great work

smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Yeah I'm having a hard time with the triggers.  I made the end trigger on the condition that you unloaded the ammo.  I want it to go off when you activate the trigger and have given the ammo, but apparently it just goes off when you give the ammo.  crazy_o.gif

The LZ when you drop off the ammo is supposed to be hot.  Did you get a radio message saying to not approach from the west?  It's also supposed to have about 12 NVA attacking the outpost.

yah i got the warning and then came in from the north fast ans low but there where no bad guys ill try again maybe i was to slow and the ai on ground kiled them smile_o.gif

Could of been, it was only 12 men on low skill. I put them on low skill because I got nailed in the head by them while flying (stupidly turning around past the hot LZ). Of course my gunner was sitting and staring, not shooting, but I put them on low because I didn't want the pilot to get shot so easilly. I think it was the first shot the plane even took. sad_o.gif I also removed their RPGs as those could... well, hamper operations very easilly if you're landing.

Don't get me wrong, the campaign will be hard in some ways. I'm just trying not to make it too hard.

*bump*

How is your progress? i just tried the demo mission and after delivering the ammo i started looking for targets , when my gunner started to go "chug, chug, chug..." with the machine gun the mission ended, i missed all the fun sad_o.gif .

FS Pilot... THIS MISSION FUCKING ROCKS!

Anyway.

The mission ended unexpectedly.

I was confused as to what the exact objective in the mission is.

I got the message about the hot LZ, so i approached from the North-West direction. Anyway, when i got to the LZ i flew past it slightly, so i turned around, then landed, and not ONE bullet was fired the whole time.

So i clicked "Unload Ammunition" or whatever it is, on my radio, and the mission ended when it was unloaded sad_o.gif

BUT, i have a suggestion.

So the 12 enemies shoot at the soldiers and sometimes kill them?

Well, set all the enemy soldiers, and the west woldiers at the LZ to "SetCaptive False". Then when you approach the LZ, have a trigger detect your chopper, and set everyones "SetCaptive" to "True", therefore the firefight will commence.

Quote[/b] ]Could of been, it was only 12 men on low skill. I put them on low skill because I got nailed in the head by them while flying (stupidly turning around past the hot LZ). Of course my gunner was sitting and staring, not shooting, but I put them on low because I didn't want the pilot to get shot so easilly. I think it was the first shot the plane even took. I also removed their RPGs as those could... well, hamper operations very easilly if you're landing.

Set the chopper to SetCaptive False, until the men have been dropped off, then set it to True once theyre out of the chopper.

Anyway, i was really enjoying the mission. The addition of a little music and heaps of bullets flying everywhere will make the mission fucking AMAZING.