Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Which would you rather have...

A "day in the life of..." a slick pilot mission, or a "day in the life of" a gunship pilot mission? Both are set in vietnam using nampack 2.0, paying special attention to avoid those nasty crashes.

I had originally planned on doing a slick pilot mission, but then I thought "who's going to want to fly from A to B all day". I plan on making a lot of little details to make it feel like you're really walking a mile in a slick or gunship pilot's shoes, so it should be rewarding whether or not you blow a lot of stuff up.

What do you want?

I should also note that I'm planning on making this a campaign, with a different role for each mission (the missions would take a while to complete, of course).

A day in the life of a fuel truck driver. A day in the life of an MP. So on and so forth. Any suggestions would be appreciated of course.

I think I would prefer to be a gunship pilot, though it would be nice playing a slick pilot.

RED

Well I guess I could do both, but I'll choose one to do as a demo mission for the campaign.

So anyway keep them coming, slick pilot or gunship pilot?

Thanks for the input guys.

Gunship bloke! I wanna be able to blow up things 'n' shit! biggrin_o.gif

I dont care if you do it for a slick pilot or a gunship or whatever else, but I'm very happy to hear at least somebody willing to do a Vietnam Campaign!!

I really like the SEB Nam Pack 2 and did not experience any crashes in any Missions/Campaigns.

So bring it on, dude!!

At first I'd say gunship pilot, but then there there aren't many(maybe even any) missions(except 4 in BIS campaigns) where you fly a cargo chopper

I'd like it to be a day in the life of a slick pilot as there aren't really enough of these mission types out there smile_o.gif

That's why I wanted to do it too. Seems like they don't get any recognition.

It could be quite fun though, if you rncounter baddies. Is the slick also a medevac chopper? that could be fun.

the_unknown_one

I'd probably make a different mission for medevac choppers. I wouldn't be surprised if slicks ended up evacuating wounded soldiers at one time or another, but they have a different chopper for that in nam pack.

I'll be doing all sorts of things.

Here are some ideas I've come up with.  All of these are "day in the life of a..." missions, that will basically be what the campaign is about.

US Marine draftee: tommorow nights number on the news.  you dont want to be there but you dont have a choice.

VC Conscript: You still dont want to be there, but they'll kill your family if you desert.

VC Officer: You're fighting against the odds for what you believe in.

US UH-1 gunship pilot: as discussed.  probably a sampan busting mission, CAS of course, maybe a patrol or something.

US UH-1 dustoff (medevac) pilot: you know the drill, fly in, get the wounded, fly out.  Of course full of hot LZs and the like.

US Tank gunner: Gunner in an M60 tank.  Get ready for RPGs and lots of them.

US Embassy guard duty: If I can find the scripts, you'll be checking IDs and maybe something exciting will happen.

Navy Seal: Harassing the ho chi mihn trail probably.  Definately more than one mission though.

Forward Air Controller: Again if I can't find a good script this won't work.  I'll need one where you can call in artillery without having to go to your map, and I don't know of one so this probably wont happen.

US Sniper: Recon and attack. You've been there all week and you'll be there all day (I'll probably use a time lapse script) and you just report in what you see. At the end of the day you take out the most important target, then scoot to your extraction. Gotta be on time though or you're walking.

VC Sniper: If not the same thing I'll just send you on an assassination mission.

If you have any ideas or know of any scripts that could be useful please let me know.

And again these are ideas, it'll take a lot of work to make these happen and we'll just have to see how they work out.

The demo mission is almost finished.

Special thanks to theavonlady for helping me with that script. ;)

Why not make a full-blown campaign using all of them? smile_o.gif

With all those scenarios, there should something to suit everybody!

Sounds really cool. I'm into a new campaign, since only playing some multiplayer lately. And your ideas do sound really good.

brown water ops for navy seals. Allthough that would require some type of river gunboat i guess.

TopCover

nampack comes with an LSSC which I havent used before and the PBR would probably also be used with the seals.

the demo mission is almost here

intro = done

briefing/overview = needs work

mission = almost (very almost) done

outro = needs work

shouldn't take me long

US Embassy guard duty: If I can find the scripts, you'll be checking IDs and maybe something exciting will happen.

The campaign "Vietnam 1969" had a mission where you had guard duty. You could ask the creator of the campaign how he did it. smile_o.gif

I tried the demo mission, it says Im missing the slick pilot.

I'll probably do that once I get more serious about the campaign.

Please tell me what you guys think of the demo. biggrin_o.gif I made my first script(s) for this mission. It's sort of finicky to get it to look good, but it should work right.