Sign in to follow this  
Nathanz

Eve of destruction mod

Stalingrad?

I mean the eve of destruction mod.

They made a stalingrad map for the EOD mod?

nah, EOD is, in my opinion, a step up from BF1942. it's got its problems, and all games do, but it's better than BF42 IMO.

I would download and try it if my sound would work in BF42. I think it was the latest patch that screwed it up  mad_o.gif With some luck the next one (1,4) fixes it.

Quote[/b] ]The Stalingrad map is a travesty.

Yep.

*Looks at El Alamein for a moment*

I'm pretty sure they could have fit alot more into the Stalingrad map than two large and empty factories and still got a decent framerate.

I dunno about you, but the Title of this game is Battlefield:1942. Now why the hell would they add those battles that happened after 1942? Because they are stupid. If you game is called 1942, then have battles that happened in 1942!!!

er because all the battles are after 42, ass.

Instead of insulting me, howbout you answer my question you little ****. I dont take shit from people very well. Dont push it.  mad_o.gif

I don't even understand your answer at all. Are you drunk or something? All you have done is say all the battles happened after 1942? Even though the title of the game is Battlefield:1942? That makes no sense at all, so howbout you answer my question properly, or can you?!

Question: Why did they make a game about battles in 1942 and put in official maps that have battles taking place after 1942? Or must I contact Electronic Arts to answer this?  mad_o.gif

Something about the offtopic forum that makes it so hostile...  mad_o.gif

Why don't you go outside and enjoy thre sun instead of getting worked up about the smallest of things.

I have Played BF42 and i enjoyed it, it was good fun Totally unrealistic but at a lan with 20 other ppl it was fun, best bit is i dont have to wait 20-1hr to join a game.

Why don't you go outside and enjoy thre sun instead of getting worked up about the smallest of things.

I have Played BF42 and i enjoyed it, it was good fun Totally unrealistic but at a lan with 20 other ppl it was fun, best bit is i dont have to wait 20-1hr to join a game.

thats right, i usually have to wait more than 10 mins for ofp mp game to start because no one can decide what map or if to wait for others! crazy_o.gif Bf1942 is very fun to mp in, unrealistic but fun. a spicy meatball

hey...we should be happy that there are games like CS or bf1942 to keep most of the yappy immature kids there. biggrin_o.gifwink_o.giftounge_o.gif

and I think the mods are going to lock this fast...

unless someone can save the topic.

why would some one want to save this topic.......

Well, the new patch adresses some issues and adds two new guns! Japanese Type 98 rifle and the Russian DP 1928 Russian assault rifle.

I thought the DP1928 was an LMG with a circle magazine on top.

Oh well, they are beginning to try. I want my Mosin Nagant!

the addition of a type 98 is a step in the right direction

a step they should of taken before releasing the game and charging $50 for it crazy_o.gif

I play BF42, mainly because my best bud is a Desert Combat addict ( I cant get him to play ANY other game, even though I built his machine for him and installed 15+ of the best and latest games ), and even tho he's ex-Army ( REME, disability discharge sad_o.gif ) I cant get him to even look at OFP. Which is a shame cause I know he'd love it, but he's far too much the "click and kill" type, if it requires reading a manual, then he cant be bothered. Annoys the crap outta me. mad_o.gif

Anyway, I do play BF42 ( mainly Desert Combat ) occasionally, simply because its so bloody hard to get a good game of OFP online when it suits me, its either a case of getting a bunch of people together at a pre-arranged time, or sitting in the lobby for ages waiting for a game.

I know at least 4 people that returned their copies of OFP because of the online set up. sad_o.gif

JIP is a MUST for OFP2, no ifs no buts!

So EOD :

Not really that much different from standard BF42.

The best feature is the Hueys which look great and fly much better than any other chopper in any BF42 Mod ( the engine just doesnt support chopper physics properly, so its a kind of hacked upright airplane ), which is much to the EOD teams credit.

The weapons arent that vastly different from Vanilla BF42, with the exception that you can now empty a full MG magazine in one go without the barrel locking up due to overheating. Which is a bit silly really. ( Though OFP also has that problem ... 1-0 to BF42 there! wow_o.gif )

The player models are nicely done ( though still sticking to BF42's cartoonish look ) and quite accurate as far as I can tell.

The maps are probably the biggest let down for the mod at the moment. Some of them are downright plain ugly and crap to play. The best IMESHO is the "Charlie Don't Surf" map, which as you may have guessed is simply a rip off of the scene from Apocolypse Now ( the Mod uses "Flight of the Valkeryies" as its main theme ), not because its accurate or realistic or anything, just simply because it has some variety to its play, which many of the other EOD maps lack. I do think its sad that they decided to rip off Movies for their Mod rather than stick to actual Vietnam engagements.

There are some that are supposedly based on actual Battles, but they are too boring to be worth any comment.

The land vehicles have a lot of bugs, and the BTR-80 ( at least it looks sorta like the BTR-80 I got in OFP ) that the VC use is useless, blowing up the second you take it off-road, which brings me to my final conclusion about EOD :

It seems to me that this Mod was designed for one purpose and one purpose alone.

For Americans to relive the "Glory" of Vietnam in BF42. ( which kind of defeats the point of a Vietnam Mod for me )

Most of the maps are set up for the Americans to win everytime.

The Hueys give a massive advantage to the American side, especially as the VC on some maps have no Air transport of their own to balance things. Though you can shoot a Huey down with a Full MG magazine - I have no idea how accurate that is, Im sure one of our resident ballistic experts could fill me in there...

Which utlimately shows in AllSeeing Eye. More than half the EOD servers are American , which is the same as Desert Combat, another Mod where the Americans are given the advantage on most maps. ( this is in contrast to BF42 itself which has much more servers from many different countries ) rock.gif

Having one side stronger than the other may be accurate in terms of reality, but sucks for balance in a computer game, guess thats always going to be a problem for Mods like EOD and DC.

Desert Combat was a fun if somewhat silly improvement over BF42, EOD seems like a bit of a step backwards in someways.

Still, the team obviously has skills, and it IS their first release, so time will tell...

My lunch is ready now, so I can stop typing tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's a game for crying out loud, not an interactive gun collectors compendium

Anyone who has played MOHAA: Spearhead or Deadly Dozen 2(Almost everybody) can say there's alot missing.

Quote[/b] ]the addition of a type 98

Its the Type 99 LMG. For some stupid reason DICE calls everything with a full auto and a round bigger than a pistol round an Assault Rifle. The only assault rifle in the War was the STG.

It seems to me that this Mod was designed for one purpose and one purpose alone.

For Americans to relive the "Glory" of Vietnam in BF42. ( which kind of defeats the point of a Vietnam Mod for me )

Most of the maps are set up for the Americans to win everytime.

I disagree with that. Have you ever shot down a huey? Easy as pie. And the American vehicles explode easilly too.