Sign in to follow this  
Nathanz

Eve of destruction mod

Any of you that have bf42 should know about this mod but if you dont then you should really check it out.

It should come out tommorrow

EAD web

or the old site

EAD web old

EDIT: Its now been released, check this forum post to see mirrors: Here

BF42 is to OFP as an arcade game is to airsoft.

I still cry because I bought that crap for 45 Euros. I installed it, played it for 20 minutes, deleted it and never touched it again. BF1942 is UT set in WW2 with vehicles, that`s all. While UT can be fun because of the brainless action set into a Sci Fi scenario, BF1942 hurts my feelings because it makes WW2 seem like a funny-bunny-hopping-war where you can blow transporters up and the crew bails out with chutes... rock.gifcrazy_o.gif

The worst part was the SP. The AI was horrible. You'd see them all crowded around one of their waypoints doing absolutely nothing, or all trying to shoot (and missing) a nearby enemy. It was basically MP with bots.

And it's the counter-strike of world war two games.

</rant>

The worst part was the SP.  The AI was horrible.  You'd see them all crowded around one of their waypoints doing absolutely nothing, or all trying to shoot (and missing) a nearby enemy.  It was basically MP with bots.

And it's the counter-strike of world war two games.

</rant>

plz Dont Taint CS with the brush bf1942, one is a okay game if on a LAN and the other is making a mockery of WWII

and tbh at least it can handle multi gunners

http://eod.bfcentral.com/news/pbr3.jpg

That actually does look pretty good.

Worth reinstalling BF42? Eh, I'll wait on it.

I told myself I wasn't going to use this thread to say how much I hate BF1942 (again), but...

[rant]

BF1942 is probably the most overrated game in existence. The fact that people enjoy playing this shovelware is proof positive that the game industry could start developing paint-drying simulators and still sell millions of units. The only possible conclusion I can draw is that a large portion of gamers are complete morons. I mean, it's even worse than CS.

[/rant]

Doesn't even have a garand.

I mean COME ON! mad_o.gif

Why would a US troop be using an enfield?

On second though, I won't consider this game anymore. I might even sell my copy on ebay.

I think it's fairly obvious that this is a bit of a derivative mod. You know, Eve of Destruction, Day of Defeat, Afternoon of Asskicking, Morning of Vicious Beatings, etc.

I dont see why you guys hate it. I have it, and play it once in awhile. While I enjoy OFP more, I play BF1942 just for fun. OFP requires time and effort when in BF1942 I can jump in and out without much hassle. As well I can join MP games without having to wait 20 minutes.

While yes, it is abit overrated and not as good as BF1942, I wouldent call it a disgrace to WWII or other insults. There are worse games, and obviously there are better. I find it fun just because..well..it is. OFP is the same. It's fun. But all games have their limits.

While the bots are dumb, they are OK to kill time and people with. Me and my brother regularly play the Cassino map as French just because of the sheer bombardment from the Axis.

Jeeze people, you take things so damn seriously. Have you ever thought the developers made it more for fun and balance rather than historical perfection and down-to-the nuts and bolts detail?

You can download realism mods for it already, and some of them are great. Experiance WWII has all of the guns and other historical weapons that you people slave over.

I still dont see why you call this the WWII disgrace. I've seen much worse. Odd, you dont bash MOH for its arcade-ness. At least this game has a better balance than most others.

I have a tip for you guys: You don't like the game, then don't do anything about it! You guys just come crashing into this thread bent on telling us how bad you hate it and how much you wish to destroy it. I was hoping you guys had more decency than rushing in to bash a game.

Hear hear, even though i did bash it, this mod looks goood.

Quote[/b] ]I still dont see why you call this the WWII disgrace. I've seen much worse. Odd, you dont bash MOH for its arcade-ness. At least this game has a better balance than most others.

1. Not a single US, Soviet, or Japanese weapon. And incredibly wrong armor values for tanks(A Sherman can easily beat a Chi-Ha, but it should take 4 Shermans to take on a Tiger).

2. Moh includes correct weapons and pretty good AI.

3. Balance? And you play Flashpoint?

Just a note, but the SS9RM mod is pretty good for BF1942. It at least adds a Garand and Carbine.

Quote[/b] ]Jeeze people, you take things so damn seriously. Have you ever thought the developers made it more for fun and balance rather than historical perfection and down-to-the nuts and bolts detail?

It isn't fun though. It's crap through and through. The classes suck, the tanks throw explosive basketballs for God's sake, a Sherman is as strong as a Tiger, etc. etc. It really isn't a surprise to me that these guys were the same ones who made Codename Eagle, which is worse, if that's possible, than BF1942. I was really looking forward to this game before its release, but I was badly dissapointed.

And really, it's a goddam forum- that means we are going to express our opinions on anything you post. So what if we don't like the stupid game? Get over it.

@ June 07 2003,19:30)]And really, it's a goddam forum- that means we are going to express our opinions on anything you post. So what if we don't like the stupid game? Get over it.

I'm not insulting nor complaining that your insulting the game. I just find it odd that you hate it so much that you people will take your time just to jump into a thread and bash the hell out of it.

3. Balance? And you play Flashpoint?

No, I just come to this forum because it has a cool name.

Basically, what I meant is that the game is more balance than others. I've seen many one-sided MP games that threw balance out the window. While the game may not be perfectly nor good at balancing, it makes a decent job into making both sides having an equal chance.

Like Sherman vs Tiger, and lack of proper weapons.

I still don't get how you guys think the Sherman in the game is stronger than the Tiger. I've played both in a sherman and a tiger and both times the Tiger came out on top.

While the game has many retarded points, its still fun.

But threw the obvious realism parts out the window. If you were actually good, you should be able to find a way to win with crap for eqiuipment.<-- Thats my view.

Like Sherman vs Tiger, and lack of proper weapons.

I still don't get how you guys think the Sherman in the game is stronger than the Tiger. I've played both in a sherman and a tiger and both times the Tiger came out on top.

While the game has many retarded points, its still fun.

No one said the Sherman was stronger than the Tiger, but its a whole helluva lot stronger than it should be. Hell, to start with, unmodified Panzer IVs with their original 75mm gun was better than a Sherman. And i'm not even gonna start on the Chi-Ha that was outdated before it was even built.

If you were actually good, you should be able to find a way to win with crap for eqiuipment

Well yeah, that is obvious with the realism. With the second statement, again thats obvious. I've beaten all sorts of situations with better play. Unlike most people, I dont use a tank like a turret and sit and wait to be shot. A major problem I've seen online is people stopping in the middle of a fire fight.

I think what you guys are confusing me with is complaining. I'm not complaining that your complaining about the game or how bad it is. Personally, I coulden't care less. I just didn't see the point however of jumping into a thread trying to convince everyone that they should hate it.

No one said the Sherman was stronger than the Tiger, but its a whole helluva lot stronger than it should be. Hell, to start with, unmodified Panzer IVs with their original 75mm gun was better than a Sherman. And i'm not even gonna start on the Chi-Ha that was outdated before it was even built.

I already know this. I'm good with military history and know things like this before. I was mostly commenting on Tex's saying that the Sherman is stronger than the tiger.

I know that historically, its a peice of crap with fancy graphics. But I just play it for the hell of the massive battles you can have. The gameplay is paper thin, and the historical reference can give you a paper cut. But who should really care? I already have one OFP, I don't want another.