Sign in to follow this  
catkuba

Malvinas |news|

I just wanted to mention that according to Falklands War veteran Jim Love, the LAW rocket was used as well in that conflict. You might email him about what other AT weapons were used.

His website has very interesting stories and poems. It can be found at:

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Jim-Love/intro.htm

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Found the SBS soldiers had a weird LOD bug. Looked like white triangles sticking out of their forehead

Cool. Thanks for the update. smile_o.gif

Edit: I played around with them last night. Overall, I'll give them a 9/10. They were all very well made, no obvious bugs and fit in very, very well with what you guys have already released. One issue I would like to mention, though, is that the A-109 can take a lot of damage. I literally shot hundreds of rounds into one chopper from both your tripod FN-MAG and from the gunner's MAG on the UH-1. I counted at least 500 rounds hitting the helo before it was damaged. This is a bit too much. The damage level on the Hueys seemed a little bit too high as well, but not too much so.

Also, the medevac Huey is great! smile_o.gif

F**k!!!

The server is down ... sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

in few minutes we will solve the problem with the server

wink_o.gifwink_o.gif

Dear Malvinas Team:

I have a simple question for you.

Why do you publicly criticise our (Falklands mod) work?

Dear Malvinas Team:

I have a simple question for you.

Why do you publicly criticise our (Falklands mod) work?

Please explain yourself and quote the criticising statement.

Thanks.

I’m sorry if you lack the brains to understand a simple question like the one I asked. We may not be able to read Spanish but we can certainly translate it to English.

I apologise if I over reacted.

My post was off topic.

Back on topic...

Don't start up a conflict between you two teams again, it won't be tolerated and all you're doing is destroying your reputations, if you can't be civilized then at least stay out of each others threads.

Tigershark_BAS I've deleted your pic, please refrain.

Thanks for your Argentine Choppers Pack, even if it's beta, it's already cool wink_o.gif

I took great pleasure to fly in your A109 and I'm really eager to have the greatest pleasure to fly in a IA-58 Pucara.

But I found two interrogation points I'd like to find an answer or to give a helping hand.

- the Puma seemed to me a bit smaller than the real. French players, and some of us have used tthe real ones as passengers or crew, do think so !? sad_o.gifwink_o.gif

- the Puma and the Agusta109 are identified as armored, not unarmored target. So IA machinegunner and others don't even try to shoot at it. don't know much the A109, but I can write with any chance of error that the real Puma is really unarmored.

I liked your work on the AML-90, even if some people argued that they were not used in the 1982 conflict. Do as you like, and give to all of us and you, a great play fun biggrin_o.gif . It seems that you made the choice of programming the AML as a tank... A choice has to be made,.... you made it wink_o.gif .

Having seen many times closely AML, I have the feeling that yours is a bit bigger than the real.

If you are inyterested, I have a few pics of AML-60's exteriors and interiors. If you are interested, as you command, Master biggrin_o.gif

Do your mod as you will and like it. OFP is only a game, for fun. If I had to be serious, I would dare to say that in the community the ideas and mods are ruled by the natural selection law. Only the best, the most creatives, cooperatives, survive. Your team's mod shows us great promises... smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

The Roland is looking good smile_o.gif

Will you be making a vehicle to tow(sp?) it?

Oh and the Iraqis also use the Roland smile_o.gif

Thanks for your Argentine Choppers Pack, even if it's beta, it's already cool   wink_o.gif

I took great pleasure to fly in your A109 and I'm really eager to have the greatest pleasure to fly in a IA-58 Pucara.

But I found two interrogation points I'd like to find an answer or to give a helping hand.

-  the Puma seemed to me a bit smaller than the real. French players, and some of us have used tthe real ones as passengers or crew, do think so !?  sad_o.gif  wink_o.gif

- the Puma and the Agusta109 are identified as armored, not unarmored target. So IA machinegunner and others don't even try to shoot at it. don't know much the A109, but I can write with any chance of error that the real Puma is really unarmored.

I liked your work on the AML-90, even if some people argued that they were not used in the 1982 conflict. Do as you like, and give to all of us and you, a great play fun  biggrin_o.gif . It seems that you made the choice of programming the AML as a tank... A choice has to be made,.... you made it  wink_o.gif .

Having seen many times closely AML, I have the feeling that yours is a bit bigger than the real.

If you are inyterested, I have a few pics of AML-60's exteriors and interiors. If you are interested, as you command, Master  biggrin_o.gif

Do your mod as you will and like it. OFP is only a game, for fun. If I had to be serious, I would dare to say that in the community the ideas and mods are ruled by the natural selection law. Only the best, the most creatives, cooperatives, survive. Your team's mod shows us great promises...  smile_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Be pacient, the Pucara will be out soon to public test.

Max (modeler) used a real blueprint to draw the puma. Still, we'll check it out. You are right about the armor, well correct it in the next version.

We'll apreciate if you can send us the pics of the AML, we have really few of them.

Thank you for the input and your support.

Well as I've said before at your forums my biggest problem with the British units is how clean they look, uniforms should be considerably dirtier and while British units would have been performing regular personal admin (i.e. Washing and shaving) they'd still be absolutely filthy and battered looking...I remeber one account of a british soldier who'd dug in at San Carlos he'd had such bad diarhorrea that he just cut a hole in the seat of his pants.

The Carl Gustav was used as an intermediary ranged weapon between the 66m and the MILAN, this only changed with the introduction of LAW80 some years later.

I took plenty of ground fire in the A109 (I was flying very low mind) I also shot an A109 down by unloading all my SLR magazines into it while it was deploying a recce section.

With the Puma size issue make sure people aren't basing their critiscisms on the stretched super Puma/Cougar which succeeded the Puma in production in the mid 80s.

Finally the SLR fired repetition only, one shot at a time, the opposite of whats been implemented.

Otherwise as you know I'm a great fan of your small arms.

Don't suppose you could post a link to your site could you the one listed on opflashpoint.org doesn't work.

Shame I'm in work at the moment, I fancy a bit of low level flying in a Seaking sad_o.gif