Sign in to follow this  
KingN

Operation mercury

Finally got it, thanks. biggrin_o.gif

I just completed the campaign too.  This is a really good campaign, just tone down the enemy AI and we'll have a great campaign.  This one's a keeper.

I think I found one bug though.  In the mission where you car bomb the enemy soldiers, every once in a while a number would pop up on my screen.  Once I cleared the enemy base "obj_3" appeared.  Could be a bug in a script?

Crap!

The numbers means defeated enemy groups and the obj3 should mean that all the enemies are defeated. I was supposed to remove them after my testings but I forgot. That will also be fixed in the next version then. Thanks for mentioning.

I would recommend keeping the ds_ stuff in the zip as our downloads are not available ATM....so someone downloading a V1.1 would have to download V1.0 to get those two weapons.

I'm waiting for the night to get dark before trying this campaign...hehehehe smile_o.gif

Ok the version 1.1 is done and uploaded and will be at ofp.info tomorrow or on saturday according to the mission hoster of that web site.

Ok the version 1.1 is done and uploaded and will be at ofp.info tomorrow or on saturday according to the mission hoster of that web site.

Is this still the olde version? Would seem so, as it's dated June 2.

No sign of the new version, unless I missed something.

Hmmm, no it's still the 1.0, the mission hoster said it would have been on friday or on saturday on the web site. Yesterday when I was speaking with him he said he had troubles downloading the campaign from their server to the web site because the server was down. I'll try to speak with him again try to solve this out.

WELL DONE King nothing,so far this is the best user-created campaign I've ever seen!

The cut-scenes are amazing. good work. a very enjoyable campaign! smile_o.gif

Thanks BergHoff smile_o.gif

So the version 1.1 is now available. The link in the first post is updated, download it from there.

Version 1.1

-Most of the mission are made easier by dropping the enemy units' skill level as the campaign was

reported too difficult

-The campaign zip doesn't include the needed addons anymore. You can download

the addon pack for this campaign separately from: http://www.ofp.info from the campaigns section

-mission 8: Added mines to the available gear

-mission 9: Added nv goggles to some enemy units & assisting Charlie squad is made more skillful

-mission 11: Finding a way for the documents is now easier

-mission 13: Removed the numbers that appear once in a while while playing the mission. Accidentally

left from the testing stage of the mission.

-Other minor tweaks and corrections

I already have 1.0 do I need to download the addons for 1.1 agian? wink_o.gif

I would hazard a guess at no as the addons will be the same as before.

RED

You could just doublecheck the addons page he listed and the addons that came with 1.0 to make sure.

About mission 8: I needed a lot more people to carry more satchels or rocket launchers. The problem was that the convoy was so spread out I couldn't kill all of them with satchels (the detonator range was too short).

About mission 8: I needed a lot more people to carry more satchels or rocket launchers.  The problem was that the convoy was so spread out I couldn't kill all of them with satchels (the detonator range was too short).

I don't think it's too hard to kill them, it takes some tries but eventually you learn to put the satchels in right distances from each other. With satchels you should manage to destroy most of the tanks from the first tank platoon and the rest of the remaining ones with laws or carl gustavs. The two bmps that comes afterwards needs just two laws, one for each.

But this all is a bit challenging but very reliefing when you success in it.

It is possible, I completed that mission in 2 tries. Place your mines about 20 meters apart.

RED

I should've mentioned I was talking about 1.0

Sorry! crazy_o.gif

*sigh*

ok, i tried it in 1.1, had some problems

I'm using landmines now. i'm carrying 3 of them while my teammates are carrying LAWs, 3 each

I set them up perpendicular to the road (making a cross if you look at it from above, like an intersection) and 14 meters apart with one in the center of the road. well the tanks come along the first time, first one hits the middle mine and is destroyed, the other two loop around it to the left and the right and are destroyed by mines, then I have my teammate take out the BMP (and the other two BMPs following behind it). the first time I got taken out by the last BMP there was mad_o.gif my fault i guess, i wasnt near cover

so the second time I tried it, same as last time. the first tank set off the mine but wasn't destroyed! i was shocked, it just kept driving along. the other tanks didnt set off the other mines because they just stayed on the road! i had my teammate take out the BMP, then the other two BMPs behind it, but the 3 tanks escaped.

third time, samet hing happened.

fourth time, the lead tank is destroyed, but one of the other tanks isnt destroyed by it's mine ( crazy_o.gif ). so I have my teammate take out the BMP with his LAW, but he misses and htis the tree in front of him, killing him and severely wounding me and the other teammate.

*escape**abort**quit**rant* crazy_o.gif

i think the problem is that the tanks are going too slow to be damaged by the mine. they get close enough to set it off but their armor is so strong that they arent close enough to be killed by it. crazy_o.gif

Many thanks Avon! smile_o.gif

EDIT: Links added to the first post

What's the location of the pilot in 'May Day'? I've searched in and around Blata until I was simultaneously surrounded by 2-3 patrols and I still can't find him.

Thanks!

He is in the North of the area if I remember correctly, by some ruins.

I finished the campaign a while ago, great work with it smile_o.gif

RED

Just started playing it. Very good.

Though hit two small problems in v1.1. In missions 5 + 6 you don't seem to have declaced the 'FLPm4a1' ( I think ) in the mission.sqm. The mission plays fine but it generates a missing addon message at the start.

Just started playing it. Very good.

Though hit two small problems in v1.1. In missions 5 + 6 you don't seem to have declaced the 'FLPm4a1' ( I think ) in the mission.sqm. The mission plays fine but it generates a missing addon message at the start.

I know theres some that kind of problems. But they're not any serious issues, just press enter or ok every time the message appears and that's that. Nice thing that you pointed out bugs as I wished though. I'll try to fix the message thing if I make a newer version some day.

Two requests if you do a new version. In the rescue the pilot mission, if the pilot gets killed the mission ends forcing the player to start right from the start, jeep ride, boat trip et al. A bit tedious and draconian. A simple message saying try again would be a bit more user friendly.

Similarly in the 'special delivery' mission. I have to be blunt, I hate it with a passion. A simple 'detected by east' would seem a better trigger for sounding the alarm. As it is I find this mission FAR too hard. ( Though nobody else seems to be complaining ) but I do feel cheated if I make a silent kill on an unaware guard and all hell breaks loose two seconds later.

Is there a script / trigger even that makes a russian guard notice a dead body?

Just finished the capaign last night. Aside from the 'delivery' mission I have to say this campaign was absolutely spot on. Loads of fun. Thanks.

I've played this campaign through to the end, and it was really good. Missions were varied, with some great hostage rescue ones.

The only downer i've got is that this was one of the first campaigns i've downloaded and it makes the half-dozen ones i've recently played look really poor.

C'mon King Nothing, hurry up with the follow-up

I've played this campaign through to the end, and it was really good. Missions were varied, with some great hostage rescue ones.

The only downer i've got is that this was one of the first campaigns i've downloaded and it makes the half-dozen ones i've recently played look really poor.

C'mon King Nothing, hurry up with the follow-up

Thanks Hame.

Little offtopic, but I'm working on the next campaign called "Malden Crisis" but you'll have to wait for quite a while until it's finished. It's about fighting off terrorists on Malden island as Delta Force operatives (The BAS ones). It will use many other BAS addons too like the little bird and the upcoming MH-60. It will be a bit more realistic campaign than this one and it will consist of 12-13 missions.

That's all I want to tell about the campaign this time. As I already said it will take time to finish the campaign so don't expect it to be downloadable for a month or two, or so.

Maybe it's too late to ask but why are you making the new campaign on Malden and not on one of the interesting new islands that are coming out with cities, ports, factories, refineries, etc.

A change in landscape would be more than welcome. Every time I go back to Malden, I see my footprints there from previous assignments. tounge_o.gif

Malden is a depressing place sad_o.gif All brown and dead looking. My favourite island is Suragao and it'd be cool if it was used more sad_o.gif