Sign in to follow this  
BronzeEagle

Adult ofp players

@ June 03 2003,01:27)]Huh? Mature? Never heard of it- is it in Vermont?

hey! crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

There's an old saying: "Youth is wasted on the young."

biggrin_o.gif

When kids whom I don't know act immature I don't care I just don't play with em.

If we could get something Like This going with Flashpoint, and I seriously don't see why not....that would be OFP multiplayer heaven smile_o.gif.

Flashpoint really isn't even FOR adults. It's a game. It's for kids.

rock.gif Aight now you got me confused. Pulling legs are we? How old are ya sonny? biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

can we have some beer please?rock.gif??? this could be a nice animation tho... sad_o.gif

I have no problem with age in OFP. I'm 15, and I can tell you that I do my best to not be stupid in multiplayer. I played with some 19 year old yesterday who thought it was funny to blow up the MHQ, satcheled my base, and Fire an RPG at one of the other players as he loaded up in his Mi17 with 10 other soldiers. Yeah, real mature fellow he was, admin banned his ass.  mad_o.gif

I am glad that we do not use Teamspeak that much, I hate hearing little 12 year olds blaring into mics in their micky mouse voices. Thats where Counter-Strike sucks, too many mics, too many little children that sound like girls. I somehow got mistaken for a 31 year old when I talk into a mic...

Maturity is what matters.  wink_o.gif

Flashpoint really isn't even FOR adults.  It's a game.  It's for kids.

Oh yeah? I'm 45 years old. Been in the Navy and the Army (not at the same time of course), and I think this is one hell of a great "adult" game.

Especially since I'm lousy at it and get killed alot. I find it challenging, not only to be able see the screen further away than 10 inches (groan) but as an challenge to my strategic thinking and imagination, what's left of it that is.

And Avon, I KNOW you're not as old as I am!

tounge_o.gif

A month ago i saw a interview with Patrik Söderlund, the director for Digital Illusions CE, the company that developed Battlefield 1942. He said that according to his sources the average player was around 29 years old.

I dont know, sure alot of adults are playing games but it's still hard to belive that the average age would be 29. Certainly not for his own game   wink_o.gif

But i dont see why he should be lying either...

Flashpoint really isn't even FOR adults.  It's a game.  It's for kids.

I cant agree with that kind of statements , all my -real life- friends are +/- on the same age i am (30and+) and every of them are playing some videogames

Of course, there are games that target younger audiences , but there are some kind games that are mostly for older audiences (complex and turn by turn wargames by example are not exactly what a kid will find interesting)

I highly doubt that games like TacOps will interest a majority of the young guys and girls when they have beautifull graphics and animations games next to them.

For the case of OFP i dont agree that BIS is targetting a young audience only, i think this is a game where every age category will find something : some will look for the action only, other will be interested by the simulation and some by the strategy and tactics.

Quote[/b] ]I just started this thread to get a server.

We have a server located at gs3.mtco.com (MTCO Digitalgrenade) We use 'vetaran' settings with NO crosshairs...these settings tend to favor players looking for more than a quake match and help to move the game in more of a realistic tactical direction. We also have a teamspeak server located at gs1.mtco.com which most players use to co-ordinate with their team. This type of gameplay isnt favorable to everyone, but people who play there tend to enjoy the realism of using the iron sites or scopes, the extended engagements offered by not having a crosshair, and the challenge of not using arcade modes...once you get used to it you'll never want to go back to crosshairs and stuff. Our admins are also usually available to ensure that grief play is not tolerated. With the community in multiplay OFP shrinking, its always nice to have some new regulars around that enjoy the same style of play. If your interested in OFP play of this nature, feel free to drop by! People usually start showing up at the server at around 8pm CST. biggrin_o.gif

Public Adult OFP server now up thanks to Mud[fatmeat]biggrin_o.gif

Its called the Fatmeat server on a p4 3ghz, a gig of ram, and a "phat" connection as he says wink_o.gif

He isnt around to give me the IP but its there on the list if anyone wants to check it out while I wait for the IP. If there is any maps in particular you want just msg me and I will have him put them on.

So, what's the starting age of "being mature"? I like to see myself as a 20 year old little boy, though I don't recognize myself in the examples given above of being "immature".

I don't play OFP very often, but once in a while I get on a random server, just one with a reasonable ping, and quite some players, and I allways notice the presency of a rather serious bunch of players, and I find myself fitting right in. If that's what you'd like to call mature or adult, it's fine by me.

Public Adult OFP server now up thanks to Mud[fatmeat]biggrin_o.gif

Its called the Fatmeat server on a p4 3ghz, a gig of ram, and a "phat" connection as he says  wink_o.gif

He isnt around to give me the IP but its there on the list if anyone wants to check it out while I wait for the IP. If there is any maps in particular you want just msg me and I will have him put them on.

It seems to be in ASE IP: 205.161.220.41:2302

I´d love to play on a "high realism" server where orders are orders. I´m not playing to win, I´m playing for the feeling. All difficulty settings disabled and teamplay. To bad my connection is slow.. sad_o.gif Noone to play with... sad_o.gif

26 years btw ;)

I'm 45 years old.
Quote[/b] ]And Avon, I KNOW you're not as old as I am!

And I won't ever catch up with you, too. biggrin_o.gif

Women do not like to give out their age Jamesia, well at least thats what my mother tells me...

Women do not like to give out their age Jamesia, well at least thats what my mother tells me...

That is right , gentlemen never ask a lady her age

But they will ask someone that is not a gentleman to ask her biggrin_o.gif

I'm 18, so I'm legally an adult... right? rock.gif  

biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

avon, why not just admit how old y'are?

She is 50  wink_o.gif

Im 75  smile_o.gif

I'm 1,562,627 years old!!!!!!!!!

HA HA HA tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif