Sign in to follow this  
BronzeEagle

Adult ofp players

All the adult ofp players sign in and lets get organized. I know theres an adult server out there for me to play on.

What age are we talking?

20+ ?

30+ ?

40+ ?

50+ ?

What makes adult players different to teenage players? hmm?

agism. mad_o.gif

What makes adult players different to teenage players? hmm?

agism.  mad_o.gif

It's always difficult to generalise, but - generalised wink_o.gif - I think age definitely makes a difference in common. Younger players often have a lesser sense for tactics and teamplay in OFP, especially if they are former or actual quakers, counter-strikers etc. Further on they often are not so patient as "old", lazy guys like me and the damn scoreboard seems to be much more important to them.

But if a 16 year old boy shows up and combats the enemy with us as a true teammate - he's welcome! smile_o.gif

I think it is not the age that matter , but the maturity the players can have to really enjoy a game

When i played online, i had team partners younger than myself (i am 30 and i decided to stop counting now to not being older with the time , that can be depressing sometime wink_o.gif ) and liked to play with them

But some of other player sdidnt have this maturity and ruined totally the online fun i can have , that is why i decided to stop playing online any game

Less free time helped that decision a lot too icon8.gif

Huh. You're depressed about being 13? Dude. ;) Enjoy it while you can ;)

I'm 15...........

(16 on JUNE 9th!!!!!!!! THATS LIKE NEXT MONDAY!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!)

I am mature and i like working as a team.

*sigh* when your young, you wish to be older, when your older you wish you hadnt wished your youth away *sigh*

anywho, yes i agree, its not necisarily the age, rather the maturity of the player in question

I am mature...

Quote[/b] ]What makes adult players different to teenage players? hmm?

Every play with USMC Squad, 11th MEU?

I am mature...

the 4 little boxes by my avatar mean that I am especially mature you see tounge_o.gif

I am mature...

the 4 little boxes by my avatar mean that I am especially mature you see  tounge_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

And the four stars with no red boxes means I'm immature, right? tounge_o.gif

I am 24, reasonably mature *cough* .... so what am i signing up for this time?

I'm 32 with the keen mind of a 10 yr old, and the body of a 56 yr old.

Fess up Avon - show us your walking frame!  tounge_o.gif

<span id='ME'><center>Major Fubar runs!</center></span>

I'm 21 and I think the picture in my profile proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that I'm mature, responsible, law abiding,  and someone to be trusted with your teenage daughter.

Seriously, I am definitely up for some organized OFP games where you haven't got the kiddies shouting "I wanna be the pilot" only to ask "so how do you fly this thing?" once everyone is in and airborne. smile_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]I'm 21 and I think the picture in my profile proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that I'm mature, responsible, law abiding, and someone to be trusted with your teenage daughter.

my sarcasm detector just exploded. crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

maturity does make a difference. I've seen kids who go "gogogogogogogogogo" and some who just patiently wait for orders.

I think a good indicator of a player's maturity level in OFP is how they handle an accidental team kill.

If they accept an apology and get on with the game, then they are somewhat mature. If, instead, they whine, curse, call you a n00b, and proceed to hunt you down (all the way across the map if need be) to get their "revenge" kill, then they aren't what I call mature.

Of course, this only applies with truly accidental TKs... wink_o.gif

I think a good indicator of a player's maturity level in OFP is how they handle an accidental team kill.

If they accept an apology and get on with the game, then they are somewhat mature. If, instead, they whine, curse, call you a n00b, and proceed to hunt you down (all the way across the map if need be) to get their "revenge" kill, then they aren't what I call mature.

Of course, this only applies with truly accidental TKs... wink_o.gif

LOL Memories of the 2 on 2 CTF I played with a "dead zone" around each teams respawn. My genious teammate managed to fly a chopper into it twice and for the next hour and a half he kept bitching me out and refusing to work as a team because it said "Friendly Fire" so of course, the only explanation was that I was doing it somehow crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

TK communication ususally is a good indication too. as soon as you TK, you say 'sorry' and they usually don't flame you. some don't do that.

of course, my pinko-ass-commie-nemesis denoir won't notice the difference if he plays coop with me....... accidents can happen. wink_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif