Sign in to follow this  
reedkiller

Human rights

untill the death penalty was stopped in the UK you could be killed for putting a stamp on upsidedown (treason)

I need one of those bumper sticker "Criminals do it in the dark" to put on my ride

Interview with Saudi Arabia’s leading executioner

Quote[/b] ]

He has executed numerous women without hesitation, he explains. “Despite the fact that I hate violence against women, when it comes to God’s will, I have to carry it out.â€

There is no great difference between executing men and women, except that the women wear hijab, and nobody is allowed near them except Al-Beshi himself when the time for execution comes.

When executing women he will use either gun or sword. “It depends what they ask me to use. Sometimes they ask me to use a sword and sometimes a gun. But most of the time I use the sword,†he adds.

-=Die Alive=-

If I didn't know better I'd say that it was taken from the Onion.  wow_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]He started at a prison in Taif, where his job was to handcuff and blindfold the prisoners before their execution. “Because of this background, I developed a desire to be an executioner,†he says.

crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]As an experienced executioner, 42-year-old Al-Beshi is entrusted with the task of training the young. “I successfully trained my son Musaed, 22, as an executioner and he was approved and chosen,†he says proudly.

crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]An executioner’s life, of course, is not all killing. Sometimes it can be amputation of hands and legs. “I use a special sharp knife, not a sword,†he explains. “When I cut off a hand I cut it from the joint. If it is a leg the authorities specify where it is to be taken off, so I follow that.â€

crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] deal with my family with kindness and love. They aren’t afraid when I come back from an execution. Sometimes they help me clean my sword.â€

crazy_o.gif

If I didn't know better I'd say that it was taken from the Onion.  wow_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]He started at a prison in Taif, where his job was to handcuff and blindfold the prisoners before their execution. “Because of this background, I developed a desire to be an executioner,†he says.

crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]As an experienced executioner, 42-year-old Al-Beshi is entrusted with the task of training the young. “I successfully trained my son Musaed, 22, as an executioner and he was approved and chosen,†he says proudly.

crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]An executioner’s life, of course, is not all killing. Sometimes it can be amputation of hands and legs. “I use a special sharp knife, not a sword,†he explains. “When I cut off a hand I cut it from the joint. If it is a leg the authorities specify where it is to be taken off, so I follow that.â€

crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] deal with my family with kindness and love. They aren’t afraid when I come back from an execution. Sometimes they help me clean my sword.â€

crazy_o.gif

That is called "culture".

Yes it is and I think they are fully entiteld to it. I don't agree with one bit from my European cultural point of view, but I think it's their right to organize their society as they wish.

does it tell u how much he gets paid,i may consider that as a future career prospect biggrin_o.gif

Yes it is and I think they are fully entiteld to it. I don't agree with one bit from my European cultural point of view, but I think it's their right to organize their society as they wish.

not with saddam hussien it wasn`t crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

Next topic: Female Genital Mutilation: Custom and Tradition or Human Cruelty

-=Die Alive=-

Background Info on FGM from Amnesty International

Two regional seminars were organized by the UN in Burkina Faso (1991) and Sri Lanka (1994) to assess the human rights aspects of FGM and other traditional practices affecting women and children. The seminars - a forum for discussion between national officials, UN specialized agencies and NGOs - led to the 1994 Plan of Action for the Elimination of Harmful Traditional Practices Affecting the Health of Women and Children.  

The Plan of Action states that FGM "is a human rights violation and not only a moral issue...[it] is an expression of the societal gender subordination of women". It contains 62 measures for governments to take at a national level. Key among these are: giving a clear undertaking to end traditional practices, and in particular FGM; ratifying and implementing relevant international instruments; drafting legislation prohibiting such practices; and creating bodies and mechanisms to ensure adopted policies are implemented.

In April 1997, three UN agencies - the World Health Organization, United Nations Children's Fund and United Nations Population Fund, unveiled a Joint Plan to bring about a major decline in FGM within ten years and to completely eradicate the practice within three generations.

-=Die Alive=-

Couldn't male circumcision technically be described as mutiliation?

No, that isnt half as worse. FGM is cruel. No way abot it, thats just plain criminal.

Couldn't male circumcision technically be described as mutiliation?

No, that isnt half as worse. FGM is cruel. No way abot it, thats just plain criminal.

Worse? Yes, without a doubt; but both are still forms of mutilation...I'm sure cultures who don't practice male circumcison consider those that do cruel and barbaric...

I'd like to know of one UN member that hasn't violated a single UN law.

I don't know if I count as a UN-member, but when I served in Bosnia in 94 for Unprofor, I can't remember breaking any laws.

I don't know if I count as a UN-member, but when I served in Bosnia in 94 for Unprofor, I can't remember breaking any laws.

I think he is refering to states, not individual people

I would like to start a topic on human rights and the UN.

For reference visit

this site

Over the past few years all the main players in the "war on terror" (how one can stop terror with war I don't know) have violated human rights. For example:

Iraq and Afghanistan have violated most rights

America has violated "the right to equality before the law", "the right to appeal a conviction" as well as minor violations of other rights with "camp X-ray" (please note that in the eye of the law no guilty people are being held there as one is innocent until proven guilty). Evidence is also surfacing of Iraqi's being tortured with out trial by British troops. This also breaches the Geneva Convention.

Does it matter if some Iraqi that the western world does not know about is illegally held/tortured/killed?

how should international law be enforced?

Please do not make this topic in to a good war bad war argument.

Well... the human rights is something that someone have's to give ya, in a beginnin'; if you're my NME and i don't thinka that you deserva any F human right... then you'll have nona; is that right?, no; is that good... neither. The human rights IMFO, is somethin' that ya've to earn, is not given wiz the skin colur, money on the banka a-counta or muscles on yar skelleton; is somethin' that ya've to earn day by day, minute by minute, second by F second dependin' on yar actionsa... if you behave wella, you'll have "human rightsa", if you don't behave righta... you've have nothing; biatch.

Now seriously, do ya thinka that the BS that's disscused on he F UN is even close to be right or almosta faira!?; is BS!!!, the base of the thinga is 100% unfaira, why the F five F nations have to keep the bann/allowa right over the rest of F nationsa of the worlda!?, 'cousa they'd won a F world wara!!??, REALLY!?; we're on the F XXI century, leavein' (swallowin') institutions and BS from IXX or XX F century, wiz the moutha cloused but the assa opened.. to D "newa order"; we're so unFunited that we're allowin' this SOTBa to take our so called "human rightsa" on their will.

Faggot or lesbian, crippled or don't, free or slave, person or corpse... somehow, we'd (our parents, grandpas) allowed this shit (on europe) to happen, they'd built F laws 'rounda us, above us... political/job systems, to rule above us, asida of the reason... asida of what one would call logic; (maybe this looses me, 'couse im spanish and my F country suxxx; on the hands of the far right) PATRIOTISM. For me, the F patriotism is the common wealth, of all the MFs that live in my dear F country; tha includes the rats... the plants... the fleas... and anything that has born on oura severeign soil; i'd pledged fidelity to keep this, that's the F human rightas for me. I've to make sure that i allow and helpa to keep everyona safa & happya on my F mutha F countrya; Human rightsa, to be well and to fell wella. That's all

Edited by wipman

Did you forget to take your pills recently by any chance?