Sign in to follow this  
Commando84

Computer shutdown during lan play!!!

Everytime we play ofp in lan his computer restarts or crashes to the desktop after around 28-30 minutes!!

he has a Dell with a 2.0 ghz processor and 256 mb in ram memory don't know wich kind of ram memory but he has also windows xp on his computer. It never happens in single player but always in Lan games.

and another problem is that my computer have started to malfunction, when im trying to save a mission in the mission editor it freezes up on me..really annyoing. Could be because I installed direct x 9 on my comp? If that's the case youshould make a new patch... sad_o.gif

I'm sure he is running out of memory -- 256MB is not enough.

Moving to Troubleshooting and closing?

i also had the problem of restarting computer or crashing to desktop when my fan of my processor didnt work rock.gifcrazy_o.gif

I've also got that problem the comp runs unstable, and restarts alot, that was my Windows crazy_o.gif

Make sure you have enough Virtual Memory (not just your RAM). Do a scan disk, a defrag, turn off/disable any programs that are running in the background that don't need to be, check for viruses and make sure your drivers are up to date and installed correctly. If you still have to same problem after that...then there's more....but that's a good start.