Sign in to follow this  
RapThor85

Ofrp release

I meant the french foreign legion. So actually they're not realy french. I have seen legion guy's wearing boonie's.

"ive been watching news lately about the operations inn liberia and saw some ur spec ops forces without head gear at all with goggles and head coms

wondering if ur gonna make those seprate units

those would look really cool

remos pack is cool with only the berets

but wish u guys i see on tv

i just dunno y "

yeah , that would be cool to make rescue mission with thoses units biggrin_o.gif

capt.1055173441.liberia_dkb105.jpg

"I meant the french foreign legion. So actually they're not realy french. I have seen legion guy's wearing boonie's. "

about half of french foreign legion are from france

but they have to change their nationality when they join this legion

Since it's a "Foreign Legion" many members are not at all french. There are many Germans, English or Spanish people. And also many other nationalities. Everybody can join if he's at least 17 years old (and younger than 40 years) and has the right physical abillities. When I say everybody I mean everybody. There are even criminals that go there to prevent getting caught because of their crimes. Because you can get a new identity when you join the legion.

the foreigners are east europeans for the majority, they are few anglo saxons, about 2 or 3 %

"Since it's a "Foreign Legion" many members are not at all french"

many members were french before joining the foreign legion

the foreigners are east europeans for the majority, they are few anglo saxons, about 2 or 3 %

That's possible. My information is pretty old.

many members were french before joining the foreign legion

Yeah I know. That's why I say "many" - not a specific number. I count those that were French before as French people ;)

but today, 50% of new soldiers are from east europe because of troubles

and french are just 30% today to join

Quote[/b] ]Everybody can join if he's at least 17 years old (and younger than 40 years) and has the right physical abillities. When I say everybody I mean everybody. There are even criminals that go there to prevent getting caught because of their crimes. Because you can get a new identity when you join the legion

So true! I hope someday this will change, Interpol is upset with this laxist attitude rock.gif

Great stuff OFrP. I especially liked the Puma and Gazelle.

What we need next, are some decent Vietnam-era french troops. Would be great to recreate the great battle of Dien Bien Phu. Would go great with SEB nampack.

Great stuff OFrP. I especially liked the Puma and Gazelle.

What we need next, are some decent Vietnam-era french troops. Would be great to recreate the great battle of Dien Bien Phu. Would go great with SEB nampack.

Great battle... Hmmm I'm not sure for French.

But great moment of bravura of French troops...

Great mod and I decided to upload it to our addon server.

But for some odd reason the missions provided on the Frenchpoint site wont load, it's back to mission selection everytime.

I tried to put the pbos  in every possible folder, /addons & /res/addons as suggested in the readme, ofp/addons only, /res/addons only and a mod folder.

Is there any known issue with Linux dedicated servers?

As usual when I run into problems I am sure it is something obvious...

crazy_o.gif

EDIT: Working now. the weapon and unit pbos have the line "required version=1.91" in them. As Linux OFP has this strange internal 1.90 bug it wont load on a Linux server. I dared to change this line for the server version only. If the creators are offended by the modification let me know and I will remove it from the server.

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: Working now. the weapon and unit pbos have the line "required version=1.91" in them. As Linux OFP has this strange internal 1.90 bug it wont load on a Linux server. I dared to change this line for the server version only. If the creators are offended by the modification let me know and I will remove it from the server.

that's one thing we discovered after the release crazy_o.gif

It's ok if you found the problem. smile_o.gif

Great addons guys....defenitly on a par with the BAS Deltas and Rangers and the choppers are excellent biggrin_o.gif

Is it possible to change the colour of the rotorwash?  I am using the Puma in a small mission on Winter Kolgujev and the green/brown dust doesn't look too good sad_o.gif

If not, is there a way to turn it off so i can reluctantly use an independant (not as nicer looking wink_o.gif ) rotorwash script?

@Frenchpoint Team:

Can we expect any updates/additional stuff to be released soon? I'm asking because I am reorganizing our set of addons and need to know if it's worth waiting a bit longer.

Furthermore I'm interested in any new MP missions (Coop or adversial) using the Frenchpoint mod. Maybe someone knows where to find some....

Gotta add Avons Line to my sig....OFP needs more maps using all the neat user made stuff...

Hi

There was an update of the Air Pack released (Air Pack RC2) a few weeks ago. For the troops and weapons, no updated planned for now... we need to seek and destroy enough bugs to issue an update biggrin_o.gif

About the rotor wash, I transmit your request to the guy who worked on this script smile_o.gif

thanks ;)

Oh yes, we have some missions in the works, in a collaboration with a french MP clan (FAR), so stay tuned ;)

what happened to the panther helocopter yall were working on? did yall decide to cancel that...it looked really good..

A Panther would be cool, but personally I'm looking forward to their FFL troops, their armored cars, and their LeClerc main battle tank. An AMX-10 APC would be great as well. A few APC's and a tank would really allow these French soldiers in the game to launch a complete war against opponents in OFP since we already have good French helicopters, troops, and a nice French Mirage.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

It has not been cancelled.

We decided to announce only what we are certain to finish, and in the same time, to finish everything we announced.

So the panther will be made, but its modeler (the same who made the leclerc mbt) hasn't got lots of time.

the models are waiting for another member of our mod who could finish them, or at least help their author.

So the panther will be made, but its modeler (the same who made the leclerc mbt) hasn't got lots of time.

the models are waiting for another member of our mod who could finish them, or at least help their author.

Hi guys biggrin_o.gif

Really love your addons ! Great work, great units, specially the choppers smile_o.gif I'm glad to have some french units to play with, and kick some ass too tounge_o.gif

From what you said, we will have to wait a bit longer for the Leclerc. Do you have any ETA for it, and/or hints on its ingame specs ? I guess that for gameplay reasons you had to make its capabilities fit with the others MBTs... Same question for the vehicles' pack ?

Keep up the good work. So that we can say french made units are twice as good as BAS' wink_o.gif Thank you for your dedication

To Ofrp team:

Any news on the updates you announced a long time ago?

I still think you did an excellent job with your addons and the release of BAS' African island could spawn a lot of interesting missions with French units as they're quite involved all over Africa.

Sorry mods for digging out this old thread ;-)

Thx

Shrike

EDIT: Alright I strolled over to the Ofrp site and that's what I found:

Quote[/b] ]And... no, OFrP is not down, nor MIA. As most on us did, we went out for holydays. Some of our members are resuming their work just now on OFrP models or creations.

Here is what happened during this short period of limited activity.

First, I greet Flashpointgamer, which joined our team. He has been aroubd there for some time now, and I didn't announced his arrival. He will create and tune new animations for our addons.

Here is some infos on the incoming packs.

Vehicles 1.0

-------------

The content of this pack is becoming more and more precise, here it is.

• P4

• P4 AN-F1

• VBL AN-F1

• VBL M2

• VAB 12.7

• VAB Medic

• TRM 2000

• TRM 2000 open

• GBC 8KT

• GBC 8KT LOT7 (service truck)

• TRM 10000 ammo

• TRM 10000 fuel

You will need to wait a little more, we are currently focusing on this pack.

Morever, one of our members is going to give you a little surprise related with this pack...

Weapons 3.0

---------

Everything is good for you, there smile_o.gif :

• assault riffles :

- SIG 551 / SIG 552 commando

- Colt M4A1 / M4A1+M203

- FAMAS F1 + M203

- FAMAS F+ ACOG

- FAMAS G2

• precision riffles :

- HK MSG90

• machine-guns :

- ANF1 corrected (size, versions)

• sub-machine guns :

- HK MP5 (silenced or not)

• handguns :

- Improved models, new animations.

• misc :

- Remignton 870 shotgun

- HK69 grenade launcher

- Silenced sniping with the 'whisper' (.300, .50)

Sounds good!