Sign in to follow this  
PFC_Mike

Seventh

Hey all,

I was just listening to the album Double Nickels on the Dime by the Minutemen. It's excellent SoCal punk c.~1983. Anyway, one of the songs, "Retreat", has a melody VERY similar to one of the 7th songs in OFP. I'm not sure which, but it's just too odd not to notice.

Alot of music is just re-mixes, re-makes, or re-hashes of older songs, so it could just be that factor...

There's only 12 notes in Western music tounge_o.gif

If you ever heard a tune you liked it can happen that you also use it. Even if you already forgot that`s not your own creation. It just stuck in your subconciousness.

This is the only link to the song you refer ... hmmm I fail to hear the your point...we don't make it a habit of listen to 1983 punk groups. (although some of their later work is a little funky)...anyway here is the only link I could find to this song...

Retreat Page MP3

Direct Link

Retreat MP3

Quote[/b] ]Direct Link

Retreat MP3

IMO that doesn´t sound similar to any of the OFP Music I´ve heard.

well this song really sounds a little like "Darken", but it still think it would be too far-fetched to say Seventh "covered" that song. wink_o.gif

Double Nickle on the Diem is a wicked Album! Pity the singer died...

Have you checked out Firehose which have Mike Watt and the same drummer?? wink_o.gif