Sign in to follow this  
JJonth Cheeky Monkey

Ier pack released

Obviously somet like a Nike Hercules, Patriot or an SA-10 gonna just near enough vapourize any smallish helicopter or plane smile_o.gif , which all are massive, I think the Nike is about 12m long with range of 90 miles or so, but im not too sure about SAMs, but surely a 5 ton missile goning Mach 4 is gonna take it out. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Perhaps firing blanks changes the sound, or M16's really do sound like pop guns?

M16s are pop guns.

And am not totaly sure what a pop gun is but the m16 isent that loude the dansih army(they use C7) had an exacide just out sid my house it was only when they fired the M2 you could realy hear it the C7's judt sounded like "popcorn" compared to the M2.

STGN

Quote[/b] ]And where does it state that they are MBTs? in the readme?

I never said that you said they were MBTs, its just the general armor values for them which make them quite a bit overpowered.

Quote[/b] ]why would anyone choose a semi auto M14 over the M21 which is more accurate and has a telescopic sight

1. Test of accuracy.

2. Why would a basic rifleman carry a sniper rifle?

Quote[/b] ]Is the G36 or the Steyr AUG issued to US troops? because they are there under West Men

No, they aren't. The G36 is issued to German troops if i'm not mistaken, and the Steyr is issued to Austrian troops. BIS just threw them in as extras to play with.

I've heard of people being shot at by SA2s over Russia in the cold war, it's meant to be like a telephone pole flying up at you!

Hinds have their own archille's heel, just like everything else man made. It would be better to even out how strong they are supposed to be and worst case scenario and just give an overall rough value.

I fly helicopters and i've been extensively trained on what to do in emergencies, combat or otherwise, it is still quite dangerous. The evidence is the hundreds of accidents or downings that happen, remember the specs are released by the companies that make them, like all companies they want to advertise their product.

Hinds can't stay in hover very long I hear ... something about the oil heating up too fast because of lack of air-cooling from the motion, or whatever. I dunno. Those wings of theirs also provide a lot of lift, which takes some of the stress off the rotor - in short they have to be in forward motions to avoid overheating the engine. THey hover only long enough to drop off/pick up troops, and they don't do pop up stule attacks. The prescribed method for a HIND attack is actually a strafing run.

Anyone else get a popup error message when they have this addon installed? Every time I went into the mission editor after installing this pack I got a popup error message box, something about "cannot find groups" (I'll post the exact error message shortly). It comes up even when I haven't used an IER pack unit in the mission...

After clicking OK I seem to be able to continue with the mission alright, but it is very annoying. Any fix suggestions would be appreciated, as I DO really want to use some of the new units included in this pack...

I got the same error but i uninstalled the OFPR addons and the error whent away.

ps i am not saying that OFPR addons are not good i think there brillant.

No i meant the Operation Frenchpoint Packs the infantry i think could be causeing the problem

Updates.

Tracer and non tracer mags for all weapons

M16A1 series added

Resistance vehicles added with new ammo loads

Better Sounds

Other little changes not worth mentioning

Also about Fubars problem, I really dont know. Its obviously another addon causing the problem, but It could be any

I have the same problem as Fubar crazy_o.gif