Sign in to follow this  
Viriato

Akm74 released beta of bmd3,btr80,bmp3

Wow....looks very real...cant wait to have that on my game smile_o.gif

Its amazing how the quality (and quantity) of addons is increasing

The most effective way of killing tanks is from the air, with big pieces of concrete with a guidance system strapped on dropped from a plane. I can't remember the name of the system but basically it kills AFV's through kinetic energy. Only problem is you need air superiority first, but it's not like the Iraqis/Syrians/Iranians/Chinese/Who cares can do much about that.

Errm, afaik the Chinese have the world's largest air-power. Although mostly outdated aircraft, the sheer numbers can give any invader hell for sure. tounge_o.gif

Do the soldiers fly off the BTR if it drives into a minefield and goes kaboom? smile_o.gif

The most effective way of killing tanks is from the air, with big pieces of concrete with a guidance system strapped on dropped from a plane.

The RAF used this method in OIF to minimalise collateral damage (to destroy armoured and other vehicles in built up areas) smile_o.gif

Hehe...Laser guided concrete slabs tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Do the soldiers fly off the BTR if it drives into a minefield and goes kaboom?

yes

Quote[/b] ]Do the soldiers fly off the BTR if it drives into a minefield and goes kaboom?

yes

smile_o.gif

The most effective way of killing tanks is from the air, with big pieces of concrete with a guidance system strapped on dropped from a plane.

The RAF used this method in OIF to minimalise collateral damage (to destroy armoured and other vehicles in built up areas) smile_o.gif

Hehe...Laser guided concrete slabs tounge_o.gif

I saw a special on discovery where cavemen used giant rocks to kill mammoths :P

does the saying "if its stupid, but it works...then it isnt stupid" come to mind? ;)

besides, sure beats the hell out of dropping a "live" bomb onto the vehicle, killing a dozen civies and then giving the militants something to use as propaganda against you

yes

Muahahahahaha!!! Awesome!!! You da Man AKM74!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The stuff looks great - best APC's in Flashpoint - ever.

I was playing the new version of the "Our Weapons" (Nashe Orujie) Mi-2 pack, which is great, and It had a really new effect for Operation Flashpoint that I had never seen before.

When you destroy the helicopter, it goes up in flames, and is replaced by a burned out model of it. The burned out model actually depends on how it lands (on its side, right side up, etc.), and is really MUCH more realistic. I would recommend you download it and destroy it a few times to see the effect. It has better textures, is bent up properly, the ground is burned properly, and it even had bullet-wholes and things!

Anyway, I was thinking that this might be good to implement, as a frill, for other things - possibly APC's and tanks and such. It is, hands down, better than the default OFP destroyed messed up model.

Just an idea. It is amazing to see how the addons are so much more complex than the units that came with the game!

Looking good,

-PAZ-

What a ride!  smile_o.gif

BTR80.jpg

Oi... Where can I download that Richard D. James face?

Can you send it to my email?

Thanks

slightly off topic but i have noticed that no-one makes UK stuff (i know about UK forces yes) like the Saxon etc. Honestly its as if we aint there anymore  sad_o.gif

Errm, afaik the Chinese have the world's largest air-power. Although mostly outdated aircraft, the sheer numbers can give any invader hell for sure.  tounge_o.gif

erm....last time I've checked (in '99 I think), they had like 300 helos, and about 15 of them were combat/attack ones (Gazel, sp ?)

and their ariplanes...well.....they are still stuck in the 60's.......so, I wouldnt worry about their airpower too much..

Errm, afaik the Chinese have the world's largest air-power. Although mostly outdated aircraft, the sheer numbers can give any invader hell for sure.  tounge_o.gif

erm....last time I've checked (in '99 I think), they had like 300 helos, and about 15 of them were combat/attack ones (Gazel, sp ?)

and their ariplanes...well.....they are still stuck in the 60's.......so, I wouldnt worry about their airpower too much..

Well....It's quite an old and common argument : what would you rather have? 1000 MIG-21s (just an example I know the Chinese have a different home made Mig-21 wink_o.gif and I know the figure is incorrect) or 100 F-16s?

don't underestimate the chinese. They have loads of very good fighters. I saw a video once and it's really scary what they have. China in not Iraq. I don't think any nation would want to wage war against china.

don't underestimate the chinese. They have loads of very good fighters. I saw a video once and it's really scary what they have. China in not Iraq. I don't think any nation would want to wage war against china.

I'm certainly not underestimating the Chinese...Quite the opposite sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]When you destroy the helicopter, it goes up in flames, and is replaced by a burned out model of it. The burned out model actually depends on how it lands (on its side, right side up, etc.), and is really MUCH more realistic. I would recommend you download it and destroy it a few times to see the effect. It has better textures, is bent up properly, the ground is burned properly, and it even had bullet-wholes and things!

Anyway, I was thinking that this might be good to implement, as a frill, for other things - possibly APC's and tanks and such. It is, hands down, better than the default OFP destroyed messed up model.

Just an idea

I done that exact effect with Sigmas T72's every time you destroy one it explodes then when the smoke has disappered there is one of the two T72 Wrecks it changes randomly

Quote[/b] ]I done that exact effect with Sigmas T72's every time you destroy one it explodes then when the smoke has disappered there is one of the two T72 Wrecks it changes randomly

please rouge1 can you release that or put the code here to achieve it? thanks!