Sign in to follow this  
Viriato

Akm74 released beta of bmd3,btr80,bmp3

Beautiful work as always...

Question: any plans to do winter/snow and/or desert cammo schemes of any of your existing vehicles?

Sweet! A very well protected and well armed AIFV in OFP is gonna be great!

Nice Work

smile_o.gif

Very nice work AKM74. Would you be kind enough to give us a complete listing what the final (?) pack will contain? Preferably a detailed one - with all the variations included smile_o.gif

I really like the idea of not limiting the pack to a certain APC - I can hardly wait for the improved ZU-23-2 variant with Igla launchers, a very original idea for an addon.

Another thing that really pleases me is the fact that you group your addons under East/Armor instead of creating a subgroup like AKM Armor. In my opinion, it is really annoying if each addon creates a new group for just a few vehicles ...

Anyway, keep up the good work, hope to see a new release soon smile_o.gif These units will make excellent adversaries for FDF troops smile_o.gif

You put the turret on upside down  tounge_o.gif

yup, it really looks like...

but actually he didnt wink_o.gif

bmp3-a.jpg

What the --- is that a Shtora system on the top? I didn't notice that the first time I checked this new screenshot. How is it implemented, or are we only talking about eyecandy?

akm74;

did you and BAS planned this;

to give everyone a hardattack on saturday with the screenshots from BAS and kill them completely with your new sreenshots on monday? THIS IS NOT HEALTHY!crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Love the screenshots, though. It's (again. as allways) a VERY high quality job. I love the system to counter missiles (at least I think that's what it's for. Correct me if I'm wrong). This way they won't be such easy targets for choppers. LOVE IT!

What the --- is that a Shtora system on the top? I didn't notice that the first time I checked this new screenshot. How is it implemented, or are we only talking about eyecandy?

Its Arena not Shtora

looking good guys.

what sort of features can we expect on this beauty?

Quote[/b] ]Very nice work AKM74. Would you be kind enough to give us a complete listing what the final (?) pack will contain? Preferably a detailed one - with all the variations included

Bad news first. I have to use my class instead of standard "armor" for now. Beta 09 will contain 6-9 more units. So I decide to create custom class for it.

What will be included in beta09

All units from beta 08 (I hope I fix all bugs reported in this forum)

BMD3, BMD3M, BTR80, BTR80 for Res, BMP3

Plus in beta 09 there will be:

BMP3 Arena

BMP3 Arena in desert camo

NSV 12.7 HMG

KORD 12.7 HMG

ZU23

ZU23M with 2 Igla AA

BTR80 “sobrâ€

Plus there will be one new unit with maybe 3 different variations. I’m not sure yet. That’s why I will not reveal more information’s for now.

2 BTR’s from 3 will have “riding on top†future. SniPro very good in animations and he will made them for me. There will be place for 6 solders on top. There are also custom animations for NSV and KORD.

“Arena†on top of BMP3 not for eye candy. It fully operational. Big thanks to DKM guys who made it for me. If Rastavovich DKM will visit this threat, he will explain better how it works.

BTW. I don’t plan any winter camo. Not in near future.

those are great news AKM74!! The NSV will have an AA version?

(still bothering with that for a loooonnnggg time)

Is nice the "low ground" one but can have one in AA position for soldiers can be nice for replace the default M2 in that position. But maybe in the real world they aren't those versions and only the ground ones, no? mmmm

Any news in the periscope up/down function for BTRs?

Hope SniPro can achieve some animations for those.

Well so... now is time to wait for the next release, that is the hard thing after reading those new features comming hehe

cool, nice to see addon makers working with each other for a change smile_o.gif

I await the next beta with baited breath wink_o.gif

Wow! All those things sound great! I can't wait for that release!!! It'll be nice to have all those major Russian weapon systems in one convenient pack rather then going and looking for scattered Russian addons. I also agree that it's great to see more mod teams and addon makers working together!

Keep up the excellent work!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

AKM74 asked me if I can explain short how the arena system will work ingame.

Well Arena will intercept every (locked) incoming missile that is fired on the APC.

But to not make it completly "missile proof" there are limitiations. The arena system has 8 (I know irl it has 21) charges which protect a certain area of the tank. If a charge blows off to intercept a missile, this are will not be protected by Arena anymore, since there is no more interceptioncharge.

So a 2nd missile on the same spot will hit. (As it would irl).

At the moment the system is not reloadable, but I will maybe implement that feature.

Well Arena will intercept every (locked) incoming missile that is fired on the APC.

But to not make it completly "missile proof" there are limitiations. The arena system has 8 (I know irl it has 21) charges which protect a certain area of the tank. If a charge blows off to intercept a missile, this are will not be protected by Arena anymore, since there is no more interceptioncharge.

At the moment the system is not reloadable, but I will maybe implement that feature.

I noticed you said locked missile. Would i be correct in deriving from that that it does not stop RPG/LAW's ? smile_o.gif only hellfire type missiles?

I noticed you said locked missile. Would i be correct in deriving from that that it does not stop RPG/LAW's ? smile_o.gif only hellfire type missiles?

I do appreciate the good work you ppl are doing,its really awesome,but i hope u dont make the Arena System too good,or else game will be too much unbalanced wink_o.gif

no more unbalanced than the super flares that seem to be on all the planes now...fire all your missiles and the enemy doesnt have a scratch rock.gif

no more unbalanced than the super flares that seem to be on all the planes now...fire all your missiles and the enemy doesnt have a scratch rock.gif

Very true! I'd rather see no flare on planes than one that is 100% effective with basically unlimited ammo...

AKM74, is there a possibility to make your IFVs in this camo?

Pic 1

Pic 1

Pic 1

Cause then they would fit perfectly to RHS's tanks! There are so many fantastic russian addons out there, but they don't fit to each other because of the different camo... that's really a pitty...

Please excuse my bad english!  smile_o.gif

The arena system is no "perfect" defense system,alsothat an intercepted missile can still do some damage.

Since it uses "incoming missile" eventhandler it will not work on missiles that are fired unlocked (game engine limitiation), RPG/LAWs are not locked in veteran mode, so cannot be intercepted.

Quote[/b] ]There are so many fantastic russian addons out there, but they don't fit to each other because of the different camo... that's really a pitty...

i have my own tanks models. If i deside to do them, they will be consistant with rest of my units.

T80UD.jpg

I think AKM74's texturing is matched only by Marfy's. It's absolutely first class. The attention to detail and lack of even the slightest amount of stretching is amazing. And the speed at which he works... wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Was just wondering, would you consider making a BTR-90? I believe the hull is just a BTR-80 hull with the MG turret removed and a small 30mm cannon turret put in it's place, so I doubt it would be too much work for you and it would introduce the most modern version of the BTR series to the game. smile_o.gif