Sign in to follow this  
Viriato

Akm74 released beta of bmd3,btr80,bmp3

i too dont have the old BMD3 in any of my addons folders and still have the missing textures rock.gif

I haven't downloaded this yet so I'm not sure if this is still an issue, but the old BMD3's 100mm cannon seemed to be terribly overpowered. As far as I can remember it could take out an Abrams with one hit.  rock.gif  

Has this been fixed in the meantime?

BTW. It looks sweet.  smile_o.gif

Please include a wreck in the final version, as well as a flame script.

An intersting idea I had for the wreck is setpos textures like arm patches. Anyway, destroyed vehicles tend to be graffitied by the victors. Perhaps you could allow it to be possible to post graffiti on the wreck as a set pos texture? Maybe "god is great" in arabic, "screw ivan" in english and some epithet in czech (for Res)

Very good idea smile_o.gif Kinda personalzised. Would be a fun and cool addition biggrin_o.gif

I only get the texture bug on the BMD3 and i am running 1.91

The at launcher has no reload time on that tank also

im running 1.91 to, and remember i have the lod problem

dunno if that will help to or not, might only be people with 1.91

just ask if you want me to do any tests, ill be glad to help

not sure if anyone else has encountered this yet

screen 1

screen 2

first is unzoomed, second is zoomed...as you can see one is destroyed. one isnt, missing LOD?

So I was flying a Kiowa around the other night to check how good the BMP3 and BMD3 are at shooting it down during attack runs. Well to make a long story short the AI of just 1 BMP3 or BMD3 will put head right through my head as a pilot incredibly often and many times. Usually I die right as the 3rd or 4th FFAR hits it and destroys it. I'll let you guys decide if that's good or bad.

But that's not my bug....

While flying around I noticed that all of the vehicles show up as white squares on radar. That's right, no red squares on radar. Might want to test this out.

Oh and a few comments....

The sounds are fantastic. Top notch work is hard to find and I think that the 100mm cannon sound is truly a high watermark in the addon community. Don't go switching them just to use the crappy standard sounds.... might want to make them louder though. Hehehehe.

Keep up the great work! Oh and don't forget to make the AI engage range shorter so they're not always blasting other AI manned armor from beyond visual distance and before the target AI even realize what's happening!!

Caio! smile_o.gif

I've been having loads of fun with this. The reload sounds are great, especially when fighting along side or against these beauties. Hearing them reload when standing next to them is sooo cool smile_o.gif absolutely love it. Shooting stuff with them is also good. Marvellous, keep up the great work AKM74 smile_o.gif

Please include a wreck in the final version, as well as a flame script.

An intersting idea I had for the wreck is setpos textures like arm patches. Anyway, destroyed vehicles tend to be graffitied by the victors. Perhaps you could allow it to be possible to post graffiti on the wreck as a set pos texture? Maybe "god is great" in arabic, "screw ivan" in english and some epithet in czech (for Res)

Good idea! A BTR-80 wreck, flame script and graffiti texture would be great. smile_o.gif

Adjust the mass of BMD3 (or BMP3, don't remember which one), because it's too light. When you hit it with another tank or apc, you can push it as if it was made out of paper....  sad_o.gif

Is it produced in the same factory as Trabant?  rock.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

lmao yes i think they are all abit light as i was able to push one over with a BTR80 but thats no big problem (least not for me)

Quote[/b] ]Adjust the mass of BMD3 (or BMP3, don't remember which one), because it's too light. When you hit it with another tank or apc, you can push it as if it was made out of paper....

I can’t find solution for this problem yet. BMP3 mass = 18000 , BTR =14000. You can easily push BMP with BTR but not otherwise. Strange. But I don’t know what the problem is.

BTW new beta 09 will be out very soon. I hope I fix all repotted bugs and I’m also tweaking some weapons setting. There will be also 2 new units. ZU23M and ZU23M1

All information about new units here

http://www.milparade.com/catalog2001/pdf/583-588.pdf

Quote[/b] ]Adjust the mass of BMD3 (or BMP3, don't remember which one), because it's too light. When you hit it with another tank or apc, you can push it as if it was made out of paper....

I can’t find solution for this problem yet. BMP3 mass = 18000 , BTR =14000. You can easily push BMP with BTR but not otherwise. Strange. But I don’t know what the problem is.

BTW new beta 09 will be out very soon. I hope I fix all repotted bugs and I’m also tweaking some weapons setting. There will be also 2 new units.  ZU23M and ZU23M1

All information about new units here

http://www.milparade.com/catalog2001/pdf/583-588.pdf

Wow! This looks VERY promissing. What will it be mounted on?

Damn, this would be a very original idea (I mean, the ZU-23 with the Igla launcher), but usually when someone figures out something like this, the OFP vehicle class limits come into play. What do you think, can it be done properly?

Quote[/b] ]OFP vehicle class limits come into play. What do you think, can it be done properly?

It works properly already. ZU based on bmp class. It’s just static. That’s why rotating guns and AA launcher work great.

I did use original BIS "strela" rockets to make it balanced with other units.

Are you still going to have the BMP3 with the reactive armor crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]OFP vehicle class limits come into play. What do you think, can it be done properly?

It works properly already. ZU based on bmp class. It’s just static. That’s why rotating guns and AA launcher work great.

I did use original BIS "strela" rockets to make it balanced with other units.

Maybe you should tweak the config of the BIS Strela missiles a bit? I mean, if you are going to make a realistic addon, it should be noted that there is a difference between SA-7 (Strela) and SA-16 (Igla-1). At least we did that with FDFMOD, adding a little speed and maneuverability to represent an improved seeker. Igla-1 also has a heavier warhead.

But in the end, it's up to you, and no matter what you do I will still be checking out this addon as soon as it is available ;)Good work!

But don´t tweak those two values too much or there might be some problems, like the sa-13 had some. Personally i think you better leave those values intact to avoid problems.

I will leave it the same... BIS standard "strela" AA work very well. Even if IGLA1 more advance, I think I will keep it. I use all value from “shilka†for main ZU23 gun. I just reduce damage/multiplayer by 2. It balanced perfectly now.

Good choise, new version coming soon?

i noticed some people were getting LOD texture errors of the white variety. I dunno if anyone mentioned it but I found another possible issue.... When the BMP3 and BMD3 are destroyed and smoking, if you fly overhead there's a point where the model goes from proper "all black" to just black tracks and green body/turret.

P.S. Shorten engage range on BMP3 and BMD3 rockets. Hehe.

I only just now noticed that I have some white LOD textures too, but only on the BMD3 and only on very long ranges, something like 1300m?

I'd love to see a ZPU-4... a little outdated, but still... quad 14.5mm machineguns... that would just be power incarnate... just to hear the rapid thumping of the guns, panning them across the skies or the ground, mowing infantry down with them... mmmmmmmm...