Sign in to follow this  
Viriato

Akm74 released beta of bmd3,btr80,bmp3

Seems that i am the first on giving this good news;

AKM74 has released a Beta pack  with BMD3, BTR-80 and BMP-3, you can grab it at OFP.INFO

As expected, this chunks of virtual metal KICK ASS!

Great work AKM74!

Not too bad for breakfast, (at least here in europe)

akm74_bmp2.jpg

outstanding textures, and sounds akm74 smile_o.gif

*but the engine- and gunsounds are a bit quite from a distance

-maybe its just me, got the dynamic range soundmod...

*the bmp3 seems to have a small geolod bug:

when i run fast towards it, the player gets pushed under the tank tounge_o.gif

oh and will there be a readme in the final version with the ammo- and weaponnames?

this way missiondesigners could integrade the tanks into eventhandler- scripts like fishions tankshock script

looking forward to the final release smile_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Perfect. I remembered my favourite Resistance Campaign Mission : First Strike.

Took 5 minutes to convert to use the new Beta APC's.

They look awesome and the mission runs fine ( I think, no time to test fully, off to lunch .... )

Get it here :

http://quake3.barrysworld.net/poet/First_Strike_Akm74APC.zip

Mirrors would be most welcome. smile_o.gif

Great work smile_o.gif! I hope this will be another standard APC addon along with MT-LB pack wink_o.gif.

Very good pack, will go nicely along with the MT-LBs ...

I encountered a strange bug while being a gunner in the BTR-80, when aiming low with both of the machineguns the upper part of the APC started shaking violently.

Some small bugs I found after testing:

-BTR-80 is floating too high when you drive in water

-No flag proxy, well not a bug actually but just a small thing that is missing

-Braking lights in BTR-80 can't be seen when it's dark, normal back lights work fine though

And a small suggestion, turn out function for gunner and commander also. Now only the driver can turn out in BMP-3 & BMD-3s.

I hope to see these in some modern Russian missions *hint for Miles biggrin_o.gif*.

Very nive pack indeed. Don´t remember which vehicle it was but there were no reload time between missiles, it was possible to shoot all the missiles in couple of seconds.

yep, very good work on these (random numbers on the sides is a great touch biggrin_o.gif)

small bug: Screenshot

after about 150 meters, the BMD3m goes white  sad_o.gif

edit: goeth, after just checking its the BMD3 but not the BMD3M

DAMN! I think we got a winner. the RES BTR-80 is just perfect!

Superb textures. My new favourite APC addon by far.

THANK YOU!

TopCover

this is an excellent addon, textures are some of the best i have seen. Looking forward to more stuff from u AKM

Excellent work smile_o.gif Really beautiful models and texures.

That BMP 3 ain't a BMP 3 however. It's too low and a bit too short:

bmp3.jpg

(Image from FAS superimposed)

I'll have a looksie later, I think I'll be checking the acceleration. Hope they aren't sports cars like the jeeps in OFP. wink_o.gif

Looks great BTW.

Overall an awesome pack.  However as someone else noticed there is a LOD texture bug with the BMD-3M.  However the regular BMD-3 doesn't have this problem.  

Also the BMP-3 has the same interior as the BMD's.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe it has a different interior layout and holds seven soldiers (not including crew).  

Finally one thing that really disappointed me was that AK84 didn't retain one of the cooler features from the earlier Sea Demon BTR's.... that's the ability for soldiers to sit on top of the BTR-80.   While very dangerous, it gave missions a lot more realism and was super cool seeing the troops fly off when the BTR's hit a bunch of land mine or was taken out with a satchel charge.  smile_o.gif  

I hope he puts this feature back into his BTR-80 but this time with the inside cargo area filling up first and then with any extra soldiers sitting up on top.  

Oh... and the machine gun on the BTR-80 also shakes alot in certain positions. It's not a huge problem, just slightly annoying.

Finally, the armor is a tiny bit too high on the BMD-3 and BMD-3's... it takes two TOW missiles to destroy it, or two RPG-7's.  However single shots from a Carl Gustav or from a M1A1 tank will destroy it so it's not too bad.  However it will kick the ass of a M2A2 Bradley.  I really wish someone would make an updated Bradley with the latest DU AP ammunition (capable of slicing and dicing Iraqi T72's) and Depleted Uranium applique armor panels (RPG-7 resistant).

Anyhoo.... aside from those minor problems, I think this pack rocks!

I really love the big fat bright tracers coming from the BTR-80's heavy machine gun.  I also like that the BTR-80 gunner engages APC's also with that heavy machine gun.  The textures, sounds, and weaponry (aside from minor bugs) are all outstanding!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

beautiful work on the model and textures. But there is a litte bug which I discovered while looking for the random number script. The number picture "n1" is the "7"... not the "1" ;) It's the same picture as n7. So you have the "7" twice and no "1" ;)

great work though. I hope there will be some animations on the front hatch and maybe some other features in the final version.

Fantastic Job!

OFP is getting better every day with such high quality Addons.

Thank you!

Newapcs.jpg

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

remember lads and ladets that this is Beta 0.8

nothing is final yet

Son of a gun link mad_o.gif

mirrors please

yea great addon, although we do need a new BMP 1,2 smile_o.gif

BMP 3 interior needs to be changed and also a custom directory ie

East>Akm74Addons>bmd3, btr80, bmp3